+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020
it was in-class, i finished in 2019.

do you know if i can ask for extension myself on the procedural fairness letter
Is the school no more functioning?
Yes,I think you can relate with the officer yourself.
After I got my AIP,i related with IRCC myself.
Just make sure you put your UCI and Application number as subject of every email you send to them.
You can also Cc your Lawyer in the email.

cmunonye3

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
Is the school no more functioning?
Yes,I think you can relate with the officer yourself.
After I got my AIP,i related with IRCC myself.
Just make sure you put your UCI and Application number as subject of every email you send to them.
You can also Cc your Lawyer in the email.
Yes the school is not more functioning, i guess they try to contact the school.

I don't even know why the officer has to make this an issue, the requirements clearly states that they need educational documents, I also submitted other school documents like First Aid CPR, Health and safety certificates which will have made me qualified even if I don't possess a PSW certificate. I know a lot of people that applied with just First Aid and CPR and got approved

I worked and over 1200 hours,
This is very depressing, i couldn't sleep since i received the letter.

• Sad
Reactions: Lolly smiles

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020

I don't even know why the officer has to make this an issue, the requirements clearly states that they need educational documents, I also submitted other school documents like First Aid CPR, Health and safety certificates which will have made me qualified even if I don't possess a PSW certificate. I know a lot of people that applied with just First Aid and CPR and got approved
I quite understand how you feeling.Is not your fault the school shutdown or discontinue operating.
As for your Lawyer,you might need to ditch him at this moment and handle your case yourself.Most of them don’t really care,all they want is their money and when they get paid,they start misbehaving.

And yes,many people got their COPR without PSW certificate.Maybe,if you had not submitted it,you might not be facing this issue.
The reason the officer had to verify your school was because,a lot of things have been submitted.Both real and fake stuff.

The officer is trying to nail you.How?Yes,you have the hours requested,but the prerequisite which is the main certificate which you submitted to get the hours is invalid to him or her.

You need a very good robust response to counter them back.
Is not your fault the school shutdown.
You never knew they are not accredited.
You might need to talk to more experienced people on this.
Go to a nearby PSW school and meet the owner,explain you plight.Some info might come out which will be your defence.
If you can meet up the deadline given,it will help you more.

Samuel1122

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Good morning Fams, After receiving AIP and officer requesting for more documents to process the files, What type of documents is He/she referring to ??

cmunonye3

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
I quite understand how you feeling.Is not your fault the school shutdown or discontinue operating.
As for your Lawyer,you might need to ditch him at this moment and handle your case yourself.Most of them don’t really care,all they want is their money and when they get paid,they start misbehaving.

And yes,many people got their COPR without PSW certificate.Maybe,if you had not submitted it,you might not be facing this issue.
The reason the officer had to verify your school was because,a lot of things have been submitted.Both real and fake stuff.

The officer is trying to nail you.How?Yes,you have the hours requested,but the prerequisite which is the main certificate which you submitted to get the hours is invalid to him or her.

You need a very good robust response to counter them back.
Is not your fault the school shutdown.
You never knew they are not accredited.
You might need to talk to more experienced people on this.
Go to a nearby PSW school and meet the owner,explain you plight.Some info might come out which will be your defence.
If you can meet up the deadline given,it will help you more.
Thank you .

There is no way i can meet up with the deadline within the 7 days given.

i have just 2 days left, to complete the 7 days.

Ann1

Dec 2, 2019
Another Goodnews!
Application mailed June 7th
Received June 11th
AoR June 24th
AIP August 6th
Withdrawal email Sept 28th
Confirmation of Withdrawal sent on Oct. 14th
Received approval email Oct 14th (the mail to confirm date of entry into Canada for portal link)
Portal link Received Oct 15th
ECOPR Received Oct 15th.

For everyone in the waiting room, God is working behind the scenes and testimonies are around the corner. Just hold on and keep praying. Thanks to this forum.

Samuel1122

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Another Goodnews!
Received June 11th
AoR June 24th
AIP August 6th
Received approval email Oct 14th (the mail to confirm date of entry into Canada for portal link)
ECOPR Received Oct 15th.

For everyone in the waiting room, God is working behind the scenes and testimonies are around the corner. Just hold on and keep praying. Thanks to this forum.
Wow Congratulations To you and the family.

Funmi01

Apr 12, 2019
it was in-class, i finished in 2019.

do you know if i can ask for extension myself on the procedural fairness letter
But since you finished in 2019, I think the officer should have just used your work experience since 2019 not the school certificate. I know people that have been using only cpr and first aid to work without a school certificate and they got approved while some people got trained by assited homes and they supported with union letters and receipts of union dues paid with employment letters. Since you didn't use the school internship experience as part of your hours. I think the officer is just been mean. You didn't use internship experience. You have finished school since 2019 and I am sure you must ve been working since then.

Funmi01

Apr 12, 2019
Thank you .

You can meet up. Be positive and be fast.....if you can write a detailed cover letter to show this isn't your fault. You got your certificate when the school was still operational. What they need is the experience. Did you or did you not working during the required period.....please fight this out. ..Don't let them give you a wrong conclusion as it may really affect you....

Reactions: Lolly smiles

Lolly smiles

Nov 17, 2020

I'm really sorry, this must be hard on you.

Lolly smiles

Nov 17, 2020
Thank you .

Do you have any receipts..
You can meet up. Be positive and be fast.....if you can write a detailed cover letter to show this isn't your fault. You got your certificate when the school was still operational. What they need is the experience. Did you or did you not working during the required period.....please fight this out. ..Don't let them give you a wrong conclusion as it may really affect you....
I agree with your statement,look for receipts,tax information T2202 usually has your school info..Submit something please don't loose hope ..Write a really detailed letter addressing the issue and submit pictures of graduation if you have. All the best

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
Another Goodnews!
Received June 11th
AoR June 24th
AIP August 6th
ECOPR Received Oct 15th.

Congrats

Funmi01

Apr 12, 2019
I'm really sorry, this must be hard on you.
You will be favored...Don't loose hope....just do all that have been advised. Even if you can't lay your hands on all the proofs, send the ones you have with a detailed letter and state that you will send in more proofs as soon as you lay your hands on it. Most importantly, receipt, course forms or log books, lecture notes, pictures with classmates etc....it is well . Emphasize in your letter to the officer to please consider the fact that you actually worked during that peak period. You will find God's favor by his grace.