+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

Samsonge

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021
Please is IRCC responding to phone call now? Or it's still only Afghanistan issues.
I called them today when the ivr said my application is not available , a man picked up after 13 minutes of wait and said the gcms is down and they don’t even have access to it at the moment . Said all applications are been treated and following normal timeline .
let’s remain positive and Wait for the best .

EnochBee

Oct 9, 2021
I did my pathway application from start to finish. Although its simple process, you might want to engage the service of a lawyer if you are confused. i was able to do it because i did my judicial review application submission myself so when i needed to withdraw it, i had an idea of what to do, plus you can call federal court for guidance (please note that i am not a lawyer).

Please see a template of what i submitted and was accepted. In addition, you are expected to serve the justice department with a copy either by email or fax (template also provided). Lastly, you will also need to write a notarized letter to be submitted to federal court informing them that you served the justice department (representing the respondent) of the discontinuation/withdrawal letter.

Registry No: XXXX

FEDERAL COURT

B E T W E E N:

YOUR NAME

Applicant​

- and -

THE MINISTER OF CITIZENSHIP & IMMIGRATION CANADA

Respondent​

NOTICE OF DISCONTINUANCE

I YOUR NAME (the plaintiff/ Applicant in this case) wholly discontinues my application for Judicial Review in relation to an underlying negative IRB decision on my refugee claim. This became necessary upon my permanent residence approval under the temporary policy for refugee claimants working in the health care during covid-19 pandemic

xx Oct 2021

Your address

cc TO: Deputy Attorney General of Canada
Department of Justice
Ontario Regional Office
120 Adelaide Street West
Suite 400, Toronto, Ontario
M5H 1T1
Fax: (416) 954-8982

Solicitor for the Respondent

AND TO: Registrar, Federal Court of Canada
180 Queen Street West, 2nd Floor
Toronto, Ontario

Header (as above under notice of discontinuation)

AFFIDAVIT OF SERVICE

I Your name of the city of Toronto, in the province of Ontario, SWEAR THAT :

I served the Department of Justice, Ontario regional office, 120 Adelaide Street West, Toronto with a copy of the Notice of Discontinuance by sending a copy by email on Oct 2, 2021 to AGC_PGC_TORONTO.IMM@justice.gc.ca the last known email address of Deputy Attorney General, Solicitor for the Respondent

SWORN BEFORE ME
(at the City of Toronto
In the Province of Ontario
On 29th day of September, 2021)

COMMISSIONER OF OATHS, ETC YOUR NAME
@Dalesgate thank you so much. This is really helpful, it helped put more perspective to the forms and the federal courts Registry Officer was also able to guide us through. Thanks

Reactions: Dalesgate

Armstrong24

Oct 20, 2021
Hi everyone,
I sent my application for csq in May, there was missing document, I sent the missing documents and was received in June, but I haven't heard anything since then. I kept calling but they kept telling me its in process. Pls anyone with similar experience?

Armstrong24

Oct 20, 2021
I sent my application for CSQ in May, there was missing document, I sent the missing documents and was received in June, but I haven't heard anything since then. I kept calling but they kept telling me its in process. Pls anyone with similar experience?

cmunonye3

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
I dont understand why some Nigeria lawyers always behave stupid sometimes.
I got a procedural fairness letter from ircc to reply within 7days. I met with my lawyer and i told him that there is no way i could get all the requested documents with that shortest period that he should request for an extension for 30 days so i can put everything together. He keep insisting that i should wait till Tuesday which is the last day.

I dont feel comfortable with that arrangement so i wrote IRCC myself on monday to request for an extension. The request was granted same day.

I later told him and he was angry and furious. Am like why are you agree. U kept telling me to wait till the last day. I dont feel comfortable. This is my life not yours. If i get refused now. You will move and i will be the one to deal with it.

Or have i done anything wrong by requesting it myself?

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
I got a procedural fairness letter from ircc to reply within 7days. I met with my lawyer and i told him that there is no way i could get all the requested documents with that shortest period that he should request for an extension for 30 days so i can put everything together. He keep insisting that i should wait till Tuesday which is the last day.

I dont feel comfortable with that arrangement so i wrote IRCC myself on monday to request for an extension. The request was granted same day.

I later told him and he was angry and furious. Am like why are you agree. U kept telling me to wait till the last day. I dont feel comfortable. This is my life not yours. If i get refused now. You will move and i will be the one to deal with it.

I don't think you did anything wrong, you only took your destiny in your hands which is important.
Now,try gather all necessary documents and don't forget to add a cover letter on why you feel your are worthy to qualify for this program politely, stating how long your have been working and your passion for the job.
Stay positive,I believe you got this, when you win and receive your COPR, you can go and settle with your lawyer. Lol.
All the best, please get to work.

gntsomeonu

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Category........
Other

Did he give you reason why you should wait till Tuesday? And why is he angry that you got an extension?
My lawyer sent our confirmation to withdraw before end of Sept and refused to follow up with IRCC to date. I got tired of waiting for my CoPR and did a GCMS note on Sunday. Yesterday, Tuesday she got a letter for non-accompanying parent to sign permission forms to allow in-Canada spouse to obtain PR for the kids. You have to be proactive in your applications and submissions. These lawyers are not on our timelines. They are just in for the fees irrespective of how long it takes.

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020

So happy you took the bold step.
If you know how many people some Lawyers have ruined their application in this country hey.

I hope some peeps will learn from this.If you feel your application isn’t going the right way,speak out to people who can help.Don’t keep quiet!