+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
my application was submitted Feb 1 then aip feb 15 ,aor march 15 medical updated may end and till now in no update, what you think do I need to send them an email cuz I have a lawyer. or I can email them from my email ? any advice please let me know, thank you
You can send them a mail or your lawyer can send on your behalf. Your application is fully due for a COPR by now

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
IRCC Vancouver handles the first stage of the process which you already passed, i was referring to those waiting for AIP after document submission early this year. However, since you earlier sent an email without any major changes, you can review the documents you sent to the email on your AIP to ensure that everything was well completed. If document sent covered all that was requested, you may raise a GCMS ticket (i really don't know how its done tho).

Lastly, aside the handling officer, another possible reason for delay can be your background check but i don't think it should be so delayed if you never stayed in many countries beyond 6months. I also think IRCC has been generally quiet for some weeks not, they might have other engagements.

You might never know, your email might just be few hours away or this weekend. All the best
Thanks a lot, all documents needed have been submitted, as at when they were still picking calls, I was told no other documents is required from me. And I didn't stay in any country more than 6months except my country of birth.
Fingers crossed, whenever they are ready , someone will attend to me. Thanks. Do Enjoy the New Life.

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
COPR finally landed today!!!!
I give God all the glory.
Application submitted Jan 11th UPS.
I called IRCC and they confirmed it was received.
Called again and I was given my application number.
Called ending of Jan to get update,they I got the shock of my life!

My application was been sent back because the dummy Lawyer of mine did not fill representative form.Ignorantly,I did not notice despite cross checking all the forms.I submitted my application just like that.

I has to wait and wait,COVID was so high then and Canada post were so slow.
Finally my application came back and the needful was done.
Resubmitted Feb 11 and AOR came Feb 22.
AIP came in April 20th.
Medical was done and submitted May 24th.
Then the long wait came….
August 23th was advice to withdraw my RAD.
August 26th,I submitted my confirmation of Withdrawal to IRCC.

Then the longest wait of my life began.
Friends,colleagues and some members here that submitted after mine got theirs(COPR)long time ago,mine never came.Sleepness night,anxiety,depression started kicking in.
Fasting and prayers had to increase…

Then boom….
Yesterday,I was sent the link to update my address and passport picture.
Today,October 14th E-COPR landed.

I wish everyone good news soon.
Don’t give up…
Keep that faith.
Your COPR is on the way.
Wao, Congratulations to you and yours, your Story is touching and soul lifting, thanks for sharing your experience. I pray to overcome my anxiety too. Enjoy the New Life.

Reactions: Joetek and Bukols

cmunonye3

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
After waiting for almost 7 months to receive my AIP. i received this devastating email this morning.

Though the school has since closed down .

---------------------------------------------quote---------------------

This letter concerns your application for permanent residence from within Canada under the temporary public policy for refugee claimants working in Canada’s health-care sector during the COVID-19 pandemic.

we have reassessed your eligibility that suggests that you may be ineligible to apply for permanent residence under this public policy. Namely, I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), which states: A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires

It was determined that your PSW diploma was not issued by a school registered in Canada.

Consequently, I am concerned that you misrepresented education documents.

Based on the concerns stated above, I have grounds to believe that your experience may be found to be invalid and that you are inadmissible for misrepresentation as per section A40 (1) of IRPA.

Misrepresentation 40 (1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation (a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act;

Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you ineligible for the public policy and your application may be refused.

Before a decision is rendered, you may submit any information addressing the issues of concern and documents/evidence with a copy of this letter. Your response must be received at this email address within 7 days of the date of this letter. If no response to this letter is received within 7 days, the application will be processed based on the information available, which may result in the refusal of the application.

----------------------end of quote-------------------------------

Samuel1122

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020

My application was been sent back because the dummy Lawyer of mine did not fill representative form.Ignorantly,I did not notice despite cross checking all the forms.I submitted my application just like that.

AIP came in April 20th.

Friends,colleagues and some members here that submitted after mine got theirs(COPR)long time ago,mine never came.Sleepness night,anxiety,depression started kicking in.

Then boom….

Don’t give up…
Keep that faith.
Your COPR is on the way.
Wow Congratulations To you and your family

Bukols

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
After waiting for almost 7 months to receive my AIP. i received this devastating email this morning.

This letter concerns your application for permanent residence from within Canada under the temporary public policy for refugee claimants working in Canada’s health-care sector during the COVID-19 pandemic.

we have reassessed your eligibility that suggests that you may be ineligible to apply for permanent residence under this public policy. Namely, I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), which states: A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires

It was determined that your PSW diploma was not issued by a school registered in Canada.

Based on the concerns stated above, I have grounds to believe that your experience may be found to be invalid and that you are inadmissible for misrepresentation as per section A40 (1) of IRPA.

Misrepresentation 40 (1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation (a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act;

Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you ineligible for the public policy and your application may be refused.

Before a decision is rendered, you may submit any information addressing the issues of concern and documents/evidence with a copy of this letter. Your response must be received at this email address within 7 days of the date of this letter. If no response to this letter is received within 7 days, the application will be processed based on the information available, which may result in the refusal of the application.

I hope you have documents to support the school attended. Do not loose hope, please provide all evidence at hand and forward to them. I wish you God’s favour.

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020

Try to reply them all the evidences you have to back up your school.

Foms

May 6, 2021

AIP came in April 20th.

Then boom….

Don’t give up…
Keep that faith.
Your COPR is on the way.
Big congratulations, I think they have started working again...fingers crossed

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021

So sorry to hear, it's well.

Tmon

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021

I had to wait and wait,COVID was so high then and Canada post were so slow.
AIP came in April 20th.

Then boom….

Don’t give up…
Keep that faith.
Your COPR is on the way.
Congratulations!!

Tmon

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
Hi guys, i got my eCOPR today. I pray those waiting will get a good news soon. This forum was my go to place since i submitted my application in June and the support and timeline updates kept me going everyday. Here is my timeline and some advise for those still waiting

- Application submitted 11th June 2021
- Acknowledgement of Receipt 25th July 2021
- Approval in Principle (AIP) 30th July 2021
- Medical forms received & requested documents submitted 12th August 2021
- Medical for family abroad was completed and sent to IRCC on 30th August 2021
- When i didn't see any update of medical on my eCas, i sent IRCC an email - 27th September 2021
- Medical updated the following day - 28th September 2021 and letter to discontinue Judicial Review received
- Notice to discontinue JR completed and sent to IRCC 28th September 2021
- COPR received 12th September and portal link updated
- eCOPR received 13th September 2021

My file was treated by IRCC.DNNGFH.....
My advise: Although it is not advisable to send multiple emails, if you feel you are at a stage where you feel response has taken longer than normal, you can shoot them an email. Also, for those that have been on "in process" without AIP for a long time, you might want to write a letter and fax it to Vancouver. Its possible email was sent but lost in spam or mistakenly got deleted.

Keep the hope alive, its closer than you know.
Congratulations!

Tmon

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021

There’s still a chance! Just give them any evidence you have, lecture notes, receipts, emails, anything you got from the school. I hope you find a way!

Reactions: Bukols

Foms

May 6, 2021

So sorry to hear this, please look for any evidence you think you can get...may you find away

gntsomeonu

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Category........
Other
Hi guys, i got my eCOPR today. I pray those waiting will get a good news soon. This forum was my go to place since i submitted my application in June and the support and timeline updates kept me going everyday. Here is my timeline and some advise for those still waiting

- Application submitted 11th June 2021
- Acknowledgement of Receipt 25th July 2021
- Approval in Principle (AIP) 30th July 2021
- Medical forms received & requested documents submitted 12th August 2021
- Medical for family abroad was completed and sent to IRCC on 30th August 2021
- When i didn't see any update of medical on my eCas, i sent IRCC an email - 27th September 2021
- Medical updated the following day - 28th September 2021 and letter to discontinue Judicial Review received
- Notice to discontinue JR completed and sent to IRCC 28th September 2021
- COPR received 12th September and portal link updated
- eCOPR received 13th September 2021

My file was treated by IRCC.DNNGFH.....
My advise: Although it is not advisable to send multiple emails, if you feel you are at a stage where you feel response has taken longer than normal, you can shoot them an email. Also, for those that have been on "in process" without AIP for a long time, you might want to write a letter and fax it to Vancouver. Its possible email was sent but lost in spam or mistakenly got deleted.

Keep the hope alive, its closer than you know.
Congratulations. We received letter to withdraw claim on Sept 17 and sent confirmation of withdrawal before end of Sept. It’s been 3 weeks now and no CoPR. I am already considering sending an email or GCMS note.

Meanwhile what’s the difference between COPR and eCOPR?