+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

Otab.12

May 3, 2021
I need an advice about any information if this pathway accept “Aide de Service”or not?

All the criteria meet me except for the job title. I am in Quebec I worked in Long term home as Service Assistant (Aide de Service) I didn’t find this title in the job criteria. I’m really confused and hesitant to apply.
Thank you.

Tmon

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
I need an advice about any information if this pathway accept “Aide de Service”or not?

All the criteria meet me except for the job title. I am in Quebec I worked in Long term home as Service Assistant (Aide de Service) I didn’t find this title in the job criteria. I’m really confused and hesitant to apply.
Thank you.
I will say you should just go for it and apply! Job title is not important. The duties you performed do. If you can get a letter that outlines your duties and it matches any of the NOCs, then please apply. There is no harm in trying.

Reactions: Otab.12

Tmon

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
My people please I heard something that I want to confirm. Is it true that successful refugee claimants who have or have not applied for PR can turn their applications to this pathway if they qualify? How would that even work?

Otab.12

May 3, 2021
I will say you should just go for it and apply! Job title is not important. The duties you performed do. If you can get a letter that outlines your duties and it matches any of the NOCs, then please apply. There is no harm in trying.
Thank you so much. I’m I have less complex case “fast track” from December 2020 that’s why I’m hesitant to apply. My lawyer advised me to wait. However, I fed up of the situation. It’s been 2 years since i apply for asylum! I don’t know what to do.

Tmon

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
Thank you so much. I’m I have less complex case “fast track” from December 2020 that’s why I’m hesitant to apply. My lawyer advised me to wait. However, I fed up of the situation. It’s been 2 years since i apply for asylum! I don’t know what to do.
Have you gone for hearing?

Otab.12

May 3, 2021
Then I will advice you try to apply for this. Because even if you go for your hearing and are successful, it might take a very long time before your PR application is approved. This is a faster way to get PR.
Thank you so much. Well any idea generally how long this program takes to get your PR.
Thank you again for answering my questions