+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

Odogwunanya

May 9, 2018
I will advice she send any more accumulated hours to them.
I know someone that has sent in her 847 hours and also sent additional 300 hours after that. Still no AIP since February
To send the hours do they need another reference letter from the agency or just submit the paystubs with a cover letter?

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
Please I advise, I have a friend here in Canada that claimed Asylum in 2016 but it was refused including the appeal and humanitarian refugee that they applied for were all denied. Luckily, the wife worked during the pandemic and they filed for Permanent Residency under the Healthcare pathway and received their AOR since February 17,2021 and till date no AIP. But just this Friday the agency that the wife worked with was called by immigration asking if the wife is still working with them and the Agency said that they can't remember but that they can find out the last time she worked with them. They collected the agency incorporation number and asked if the wife will be working with them if they get another contract job and the agency said that they don't know. My question is does any body know of any similar case of IRCC calling the employer? IS this a bad sign?
does this person still has a valid work permit while working as an healthcare worker during the pandemic?
why won't the agency remember if she worked with them or not, don't they have a record of their employees either past or present?

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020
Please I advise, I have a friend here in Canada that claimed Asylum in 2016 but it was refused including the appeal and humanitarian refugee that they applied for were all denied. Luckily, the wife worked during the pandemic and they filed for Permanent Residency under the Healthcare pathway and received their AOR since February 17,2021 and till date no AIP. But just this Friday the agency that the wife worked with was called by immigration asking if the wife is still working with them and the Agency said that they can't remember but that they can find out the last time she worked with them. They collected the agency incorporation number and asked if the wife will be working with them if they get another contract job and the agency said that they don't know. My question is does any body know of any similar case of IRCC calling the employer? IS this a bad sign?
IRCC asked the Agency if she's still working with them?
Just curious,why did she stop working ?

Odogwunanya

May 9, 2018
does this person still has a valid work permit while working as an healthcare worker during the pandemic?
why won't the agency remember if she worked with them or not, don't they have a record of their employees either past or present?
They remember that she worked with them but cant remember when she last worked with them.But the agency offered to check their record to know the last time she worked but Ircc told the agency not to border

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
They remember that she worked with them but cant remember when she last worked with them.But the agency offered to check their record to know the last time she worked but Ircc told the agency not to border
Am sure they will write her a letter to explain their concern and hear her own part of what transpired before they make decision. Its called Procedural Fairness.
Unless IRCC believes beyond a reasonable doubt that there is a foul play. That is when they refuse the application

Reactions: Lolly smiles

Odogwunanya

May 9, 2018
Am sure they will write her a letter to explain their concern and hear her own part of what transpired before they make decision. Its called Procedural Fairness.
Unless IRCC believes beyond a reasonable doubt that there is a foul play. That is when they refuse the application
Ok.Thanks for the information.

Kenirotlory

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
Hi guys, trust we all are doing great. Quick question please, When asked to withdraw a refugee claim in this ongoing pathway programme how will the process be like and how long before COPR

Lolly smiles

Nov 17, 2020
Hi guys, trust we all are doing great. Quick question please, When asked to withdraw a refugee claim in this ongoing pathway programme how will the process be like and how long before COPR
No idea how long it takes to receive CORP , the process to withdraw claim shouldn’t take more that 2_3 weeks because it’s a relatively straightforward process. You just need a notarized document submit to IRCC to withdraw your case. If you have a lawyer get them to do it for you. If you don’t then call IRB to ask about the process. Have you received an email to withdraw your claim.