+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
You should have booked your medical immediately you got your AIP.
The Doctor there will generate IME for your medical and send to immigration.
Is not too late,just look around and book.Last time I checked,almost all medical locations in the GTA has been booked till August.
Though,I dont know your location,but will advice you book where you can get the nearest date,after booking,call the facility you are awaiting your medical forms.Is also possible you get the medical form before your booking date.
If you are in ontario,you might want to check Ajax.
The link below is for North york and Etobicoke.
https://www.panelphysiciantoronto.ca/
Most times,they dont answer their calls and always booked.
Thanks so much, I don't know it's possible for me to get the medical done before getting a mail from immigration, was actually waiting for their Email all along, am in Windsor, Ontario, I believe I should get a closer appointment.

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020
Thanks so much, I don't know it's possible for me to get the medical done before getting a mail from immigration, was actually waiting for their Email all along, am in Windsor, Ontario, I believe I should get a closer appointment.
You welcome.

Odogwunanya

May 9, 2018
Please I advise, I have a friend here in Canada that claimed Asylum in 2016 but it was refused including the appeal and humanitarian refugee that they applied for were all denied. Luckily, the wife worked during the pandemic and they filed for Permanent Residency under the Healthcare pathway and received their AOR since February 17,2021 and till date no AIP. But just this Friday the agency that the wife worked with was called by immigration asking if the wife is still working with them and the Agency said that they can't remember but that they can find out the last time she worked with them. They collected the agency incorporation number and asked if the wife will be working with them if they get another contract job and the agency said that they don't know. My question is does any body know of any similar case of IRCC calling the employer? IS this a bad sign?

lekanhamdalat

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
Please I advise, I have a friend here in Canada that claimed Asylum in 2016 but it was refused including the appeal and humanitarian refugee that they applied for were all denied. Luckily, the wife worked during the pandemic and they filed for Permanent Residency under the Healthcare pathway and received their AOR since February 17,2021 and till date no AIP. But just this Friday the agency that the wife worked with was called by immigration asking if the wife is still working with them and the Agency said that they can't remember but that they can find out the last time she worked with them. They collected the agency incorporation number and asked if the wife will be working with them if they get another contract job and the agency said that they don't know. My question is does any body know of any similar case of IRCC calling the employer? IS this a bad sign?
I have someone with a similar case. Application processing since Feb 18. Very similar to what u described. Only he nor the employer has heard anything from immigration.

Tmon

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
It is actually a good sign. That means they’re in the background check stage..so the application is progressing. As long as everything that was submitted is legit, it will be good. However I would suggest that she keeps working, even if it’s with another agency or LTC home. The fact that they asked about the future should even be a lesson to all of us..at least until we have our PR cards in hand. If she stopped working or is waiting for deployment from the agency that was called, she can actively look for PSW jobs that are more regular. Most LTC homes/ retirement homes are hiring now..at least in the GTA. Bottom line, she should keep working because they might still tell her to show proof of employment or something.

Reactions: Lolly smiles

Odogwunanya

May 9, 2018
It is actually a good sign. That means they’re in the background check stage..so the application is progressing. As long as everything that was submitted is legit, it will be good. However I would suggest that she keeps working, even if it’s with another agency or LTC home. The fact that they asked about the future should even be a lesson to all of us..at least until we have our PR cards in hand. If she stopped working or is waiting for deployment from the agency that was called, she can actively look for PSW jobs that are more regular. Most LTC homes/ retirement homes are hiring now..at least in the GTA. Bottom line, she should keep working because they might still tell her to show proof of employment or something.
Thanks.I appreciate this,I will let my friend know because currently the wife is not working.

Lolly smiles

Nov 17, 2020
It’s a good sign , at least she knows that they’re working on their case. That’s actually part of background checks. Like someone said they should continue working. And even after getting your PR you might probably wanna sponsor someone back home like your parents or family member so it’s gud to maintain your employment

Reactions: Tmon

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
Has the person completed his or her 750 hours?

Odogwunanya

May 9, 2018
You know... It is not slow. I think it is just some exceptional cases cos I know someone that submitted on April 10. Got AOR 4 weeks later and AIP last week. That was really fast
That is my friends concern. Instead of getting AIP like other people,it is call from IRCC to their Agency asking questions.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That is my friends concern. Instead of getting AIP like other people,it is call from IRCC to their Agency asking questions.
They are just over the hour limit so looking for more details to ensure that they actually worked the hours is very normal. In addition your friend and her husband seem to have been living and working without status so it also makes sense to investigate because of that alone. The fact that the wife stopped working also raises red flags. There are people who will try to gain status by falsifying records and since many of these workers came through agencies I am sure there will be cases where people try to gain PR who didn't work the full hours and maybe not at all.

The demand for workers didn't go away so further investigation about her time working in LTC and why she stopped working will be examined. Although the program rewarded people for working during a certain time period the government wanted people to continue working in these positions or working in general.

Odogwunanya

May 9, 2018
They are just over the hour limit so looking for more details to ensure that they actually worked the hours is very normal. In addition your friend and her husband seem to have been living and working without status so it also makes sense to investigate because of that alone. The fact that the wife stopped working also raises red flags. There are people who will try to gain status by falsifying records and since many of these workers came through agencies I am sure there will be cases where people try to gain PR who didn't work the full hours and maybe not at all.

The demand for workers didn't go away so further investigation about her time working in LTC and why she stopped working will be examined. Although the program rewarded people for working during a certain time period the government wanted people to continue working in these positions or working in general.
According to my friend, the wife worked for over 200 hours extra before she stopped working. Do you think they should send the extra 200 hours worked to IRCC to show that she worked more than the original hours sent with the PR application.

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
According to my friend, the wife worked for over 200 hours extra before she stopped working. Do you think they should send the extra 200 hours worked to IRCC to show that she worked more than the original hours sent with the PR application.
I will advice she send any more accumulated hours to them.
I know someone that has sent in her 847 hours and also sent additional 300 hours after that. Still no AIP since February