+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

Blac Kelly..

Sep 21, 2018
yeah, I was waiting fpr refugee hearing and applied for healthcare worker pathway. I filled the withdrawal form and submitted to the IRB. Im waiting to hear from them now. I will send the approval letter as soon as I receive from the IRB.
Ok. Sounds good. Are u using lawyer for your refugee claim. Let the lawyer withdraw ur refugee claim immediately

lekanhamdalat

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
Hi everyone, Has anyone received an email from H&C regarding withdrawing refugee claim? They asked me to withdraw my claim. I received AIP on Jan, 19. @Blac Kelly.. I believe our timeline is close, have you received anything like that?
Yes. A colleague of mine mine did. She has not done any hearing. So she was ask to withdraw her claim in 21 days. She faxed to RBD her request stating urgent and attached a cover letter with it. Then she emailed ircc to extend from 21 days to 40.days to give her time. When the withdrawal was done, she got a letter from RBD and emailed it again to IRCC. Today 22nd, she got COPR

starsinthesky

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
Yes. A colleague of mine mine did. She has not done any hearing. So she was ask to withdraw her claim in 21 days. She faxed to RBD her request stating urgent and attached a cover letter with it. Then she emailed ircc to extend from 21 days to 40.days to give her time. When the withdrawal was done, she got a letter from RBD and emailed it again to IRCC. Today 22nd, she got COPR
great, I think it will be the same for me. I will update here for sure

gntsomeonu

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Category........
Other
I don’t think so too but here’s my observation ;
Almost everybody that submitted January had received their AIP within 2 weeks of getting their AOR , while most people that submitted after February 15 are yet to receive AIP ? Why ? Those are the questions that keeps banging in my brain ?
Maybe they’ve switched to another Application category or ........... many more Maybe’s -Who knows !!!
But despite we’re still optimistic and we’re looking unto God for Good News ......
I agree with you.

Application submitted Feb 22
Application received it Feb 23
AOR March 26
AIP Awaiting

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
Those who have submitted medicals and police certificate after getting their AIPs hoping to have received COPR called them too,the customer service agent said they are running background checks.I see that response as a general statement to everyone irrespective of the level they have reached.
I dont also think they have reached the numbers they want to accept.The minister would have announced it I believed.

I feel they have alot to handle and less personnel to do this work due to Covid.

A friend got her COPR yesterday.
You are right. I also know someone that has completed his medical. His status is showing medical received. But when called them, the phone line is still saying he doesnt need a medical and they are still doing their background check. The agent also said the same thing.

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
You are right. I also know someone that has completed his medical. His status is showing medical received. But when called them, the phone line is still saying he doesnt need a medical and they are still doing their background check. The agent also said the same thing.
May be it's a recorded message...Have a good news week everyone.

Fayamufi

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Ontario
Under this measure, asylum claimants across the country who are working on the front lines providing direct care to patients in health-care institutions will be able to apply for permanent residency if they meet the criteria. Quebec will select those qualifying for this special measure who wish to reside in Quebec. This approach recognizes those with precarious immigration status who are filling an urgent need and putting their own lives at risk to care for others in Canada.

As with all applicants for humanitarian and compassionate consideration, and in line with the government’s commitment to family reunification, in-Canada family members of the principal applicant would be included in the application and granted permanent residency, if the application is approved. Those who have been found ineligible to make an asylum claim, or who have withdrawn or abandoned their claims, would be excluded from applying.

To qualify, individuals must meet all of the following criteria:

• have claimed asylum before March 13, 2020
  • were issued a work permit after they made a claim for asylum
  • have worked in the health-care sector, in health institutions (for example, hospitals, long-term care homes, home care through an organization or agency, assisted living facilities)
  • have worked in a designated occupation for no less than 120 hours between March 13, 2020 and August 14, 2020. The designated occupations that are included in this special measure are orderlies, nurses, nurses’ aides and patient service associates, assistant orderlies and certain home support workers.
  • demonstrate 6 months of experience in the designated occupation before being granted permanent residence. Applicants will have until August 31, 2021 to acquire this experience.
  • have a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ), if wishing to reside in Quebec
  • meet existing admissibility requirements, including those related to criminality, security and health

question dear :- article:-
  • have worked in the health-care sector, in health institutions (for example, hospitals, long-term care homes, home care through an organization or agency, assisted living facilities ???

• please answer me,
  • Home care through organization meaning, ??? Organization have to be governed or any community organizations???
  • At the moment since a year i am helping senior citizens with their groceries and disable people who can not move without other persons help, i am helping them with no cost, full time or when ever they meed me.
  • Am i also eligible to apply
    under this path???

Fayamufi

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Ontario
They may have been working , but they don’t fall into the parameters of the Government announcement

“Under this measure, asylum claimants across the country who are working on the front lines providing direct care to patients in health-care institutions will be able to apply for permanent residency if they meet the criteria.”

Providing direct care to patients in healthcare institutions

You can’t please everyone
What about those who are at home, because of pandemic they help stopped by their health care workers...
I am helping seniors and disabled people, who can NOT move their body or they are unable to do anything, i am helping volunteer “free of cost”.
What do you think i am not doing the same job???
Frontlines health care worker are shortage.
These people living home are not getting any help, they have applied for health care in person but government timeline is around 2 years.
Same time i am eligible so i am helping these human beings are good or bad
I should consider in same pathway too

Last edited: