+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020
I don’t think so too but here’s my observation ;
Almost everybody that submitted January had received their AIP within 2 weeks of getting their AOR , while most people that submitted after February 15 are yet to receive AIP ? Why ? Those are the questions that keeps banging in my brain ?
Maybe they’ve switched to another Application category or ........... many more Maybe’s -Who knows !!!
But despite we’re still optimistic and we’re looking unto God for Good News ......
Let's look at it from this angle.
Normally,H and C application is always about a year.I feel they thought the numbers that applied for this Pathway wont be as much as they got,now they are overwhelmed.
My major concern is the one coming up on the 6th of May,how will they handle that combined with us they are yet to finish with.
Well,what I dont have power over,I leave it to God.

May we all get goodnews soon.

Samsonge

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021
Almost everybody that submitted January had received their AIP within 2 weeks of getting their AOR , while most people that submitted after February 15 are yet to receive AIP ? Why ? Those are the questions that keeps banging in my brain ?
Maybe they’ve switched to another Application category or ........... many more Maybe’s -Who knows !!!
But despite we’re still optimistic and we’re looking unto God for Good News ......
Note - My assertion and analysis is based on the Data and facts available to me , I have a few friends & colleagues who have received AIP and I’ve tried to compare their timelines with a few other people on this group....
At some point I checked and compared my application number with a friend’s who submitted in January , there are over 3000 application submitted between January 10 and February 8 and I think the number must have double up in March if not 3X already .
I also thought some applications were rolled over to regular HUMANITRIAN Application while some were Processed immediately .....
I don’t even know what to think again , but he’s a Loud thought of a confused person

Samsonge

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021
Normally,H and C application is always about a year.I feel they thought the numbers that applied for this Pathway wont be as much as they got,now they are overwhelmed.
My major concern is the one coming up on the 6th of May,how will they handle that combined with us they are yet to finish with.

You’re very correct , I also think they are overwhelmed.

Orahman

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021

Different department handles different applications. If you look at this health care pathway application. Its been handled by different office in Vancouver. So the new application will be handle by a different offices.

Reactions: Bukols

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
I think your observations are real , I submitted February 12, I received AOR, March 19th, 5weeks after submission and since then no update till now. The waiting can be worrisome but we all pray and hope for best.

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
Those who have submitted medicals and police certificate after getting their AIPs hoping to have received COPR called them too,the customer service agent said they are running background checks.I see that response as a general statement to everyone irrespective of the level they have reached.
I dont also think they have reached the numbers they want to accept.The minister would have announced it I believed.

I feel they have alot to handle and less personnel to do this work due to Covid.

A friend got her COPR yesterday.
Congratulations to your friend.

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020
I know many people were at same stage I was before today.
If you check my post,all i do is to encourage everyone never to give up.
Since February 20th when I got my AOR.I had thought my AIP will come in the following week as it has been the usual process.
Well,not to bore you with long stories.

I got my AIP today!!!!
I pray everyone expecting similar result get theirs.

Last edited:

Blac Kelly..

Sep 21, 2018
Since February 20th when I got my AOR.I had thought my AIP will come in the following week as it has been the usual process.
Well, it to bore you with long stories.

I got my AIP today!!!!
I pray all everyone expecting similar result get theirs.
A big congratulations

Godsfav001

Star Member
Feb 15, 2021

I got my AIP today!!!!
Congratulations!

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Just a quick question, I know you had to work a certain number of hours to be eligible, were hours over 30 per week counted as well? Or were they not allowed like CEC?

Samsonge

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021

I got my AIP today!!!!
Amen !! Congratulations !!!!!
Thank you.

Atleast, congratulate me first.
If you can rephrase your question,I might be able to answer.
congratulations Apovine , I can’t imagine how much relieve you’d have right now , but the wait was worth it .
Did you update your application?
I remembered that you mentioned your file was moved , please share your timeline Again !!!

Blac Kelly..

Sep 21, 2018
Well,not to bore you with long stories.

I got my AIP today!!!!
I pray everyone expecting similar result get theirs.
Could u please give us ur timeline from when u submitted for people to see