+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please did anyone on maternity that did not get the 120 hours apply for this program ? Thanks
Think the requirements are pretty specific and require work hours so not sure how anyone who was on maternity leave would qualify. If they weren’t working during covid they also didn’t assume the risk which is why people are being rewarded.

cmunonye3

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
i checked my ECAS now ,

3. We started processing your application on March 18, 2021.

They send me AOR on February 24, 2021

does that mean they have completed their background check and does it mean i will receive AIP?

Bethel2020

Mar 20, 2021
Hello everyone, I will like to ask is it mandatory for me to renew my passport for my application to be approved Finally?
This is because in the AIP letter I got, it states that I should provide a valid passport/travel document or steps I have taken to obtain one. However I have heard that its not right for me to renew my home country’s passport as an asylum claimant.
For those who have gone passed this stage, kindly advise. Thank you

eni2000

Sep 28, 2015
I spoke to a different experience lawyer today, just to hear his opinion.
he said I don't have to be worried about the exclusion order because it hasn't been determined yet.

That I should just wait for them to decide.

hopefully it will be a good news very soon
Amen
Submitted Feb11 but didn't get there until Feb22, still no AOR.
ALL THE BEST TO US.

rita456

Star Member
Jan 17, 2021
Hello everyone, I will like to ask is it mandatory for me to renew my passport for my application to be approved Finally?
This is because in the AIP letter I got, it states that I should provide a valid passport/travel document or steps I have taken to obtain one. However I have heard that its not right for me to renew my home country’s passport as an asylum claimant.
For those who have gone passed this stage, kindly advise. Thank you
no, you don't have to, send them the expired copies and tell them CBSA has your passport

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
Good day everyone, please has anyone gotten AOR, AIP or COPR in the last week, please share your timeline with us, it helps us in the waiting game. Thanks.

starsinthesky

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
Yes its under humanitarian,
Here is a copy :
I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada! If you are currently outside of Canada, do not attempt to travel to Canada. Please contact us immediately at the following address and we will send you additional information: NiagaraFallsBRO-BRA@cic.gc.ca. This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card. This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. Please print a copy of this letter and send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. You do not need to sign the letter nor the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address. We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by aavel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period. We are making every effort to produce and mail your permanent resident card, but there will be delays as our offices are either closed or working at minimum capacity. Issuance of permanent resident cards should gradually resume as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased. If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada. Please visit our website for more information. The UCI in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number and it provides access to information on your IRCC file. For your own protection, do not allow any other person to use this number.
Hi again may I ask, have you checked your status before getting COPR? Have you recognized any change? Was it always “in process” ? It is always same “in process” for me since 19 January

DiBrownieF

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
undefined
Hi again may I ask, have you checked your status before getting COPR? Have you recognized any change? Was it always “in process” ? It is always same “in process” for me since 19 January
Did you get an AIP or medical request or background check request? I am also in process.

starsinthesky

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
undefined
Did you get an AIP or medical request or background check request? I am also in process.
Yes if you receive AIP, you have to provide police certification etc. My medical was valid so I did not submit that. I called IRCC two weeks ago, background was still in process

starsinthesky

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
Because my file is in process but no AIP.
I see, hopefully you will receive AIP soon. When you get it you will need to provide police certification, financial situation, copy of passport, medical exam (if needed). Then you will have to wait for Confirmation of Permanent Residence letter.

DiBrownieF

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
I see, hopefully you will receive AIP soon. When you get it you will need to provide police certification, financial situation, copy of passport, medical exam (if needed). Then you will have to wait for Confirmation of Permanent Residence letter.
I already provided all these together with my application. I applied using my lawyer, so I gave him everything plus tax declaration documents and pay stubs.