+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

Lolly smiles

Nov 17, 2020
Can’t find my way around messages. This is what I sent.Hello, pls could you tell me more about traveling to your home country. Did cbsa ask any question when coming bk, did you present certificate of identity as well. Also do you have PD on the back of your pr. Card
No certificate of identity I use my home country passport
Just a Normal question they ask. Where I went, reason and if I brought any food products. Yes I have a PD written on my card. After answering all question all our passports were stamped entry dates and we proceeded to get our luggages

Lolly smiles

Nov 17, 2020
No certificate of identity I use my home country passport
Just a Normal question they ask. Where I went, reason and if I brought any food products. Yes I have a PD written on my card. After answering all question all our passports were stamped entry dates and we proceeded to get our luggages
Your free to go to your home country as long as you don't have that letter that confirms that your a conventional refugee or person in need. Or if you're awarded your pr through PRRA

thank god

Star Member
Jan 1, 2022
Hai,
I reside in BC and me and my wife surrendered our passports in Montreal IRCC office I have sent letter to IRCC Montreal aad Vancouver. I also emailed Quebec CBSA about my passport. CBSA asked me to contact IRCC. No response from both the office. IRCC doesn't have walk in to go and check. I wanted to know whether someone got their passport recently and how did they get it. If anyone could help it will be great.

Bukols

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Hai,
I reside in BC and me and my wife surrendered our passports in Montreal IRCC office I have sent letter to IRCC Montreal aad Vancouver. I also emailed Quebec CBSA about my passport. CBSA asked me to contact IRCC. No response from both the office. IRCC doesn't have walk in to go and check. I wanted to know whether someone got their passport recently and how did they get it. If anyone could help it will be great.
I submitted my passport in Montreal, but moved file to Toronto I.e I had my hearing in Toronto. I walked in and got my passport from cbsa Toronto without any apt, email or whatsoever. This was three months ago.

thank god

Star Member
Jan 1, 2022
I submitted my passport in Montreal, but moved file to Toronto I.e I had my hearing in Toronto. I walked in and got my passport from cbsa Toronto without any apt, email or whatsoever. This was three months ago.
I had my hearing in Montreal and I have no idea of where to go in BC

thank god

Star Member
Jan 1, 2022
I’m sure if you go to CBSA in BC, they would tell you how to go about it. Or send a webform
I have sent 2 web forms and the response was it is sent to the respective office. When I called IRCC recently they said it is still in Montreal IRCC

cmunonye3

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
Can someone please tell me how long it takes to receive the Confirmation of Claim Withdrawal?
I sent my Withdrawal of Claim form to the Montreal IRB office, but I haven't heard back since 14 days ago.

I called several times but was told that the case officer would contact me; I left him a voicemail but he never returned my call, and the IRCC deadline is in 3 days.

thank god

Star Member
Jan 1, 2022
Can someone please tell me how long it takes to receive the Confirmation of Claim Withdrawal?
I sent my Withdrawal of Claim form to the Montreal IRB office, but I haven't heard back since 14 days ago.

I called several times but was told that the case officer would contact me; I left him a voicemail but he never returned my call, and the IRCC deadline is in 3 days.
It took 2 weeks for me but if deadline is near then sent Niagara Falls office a mail explaining the details of what have you done till now. They can give you an extension. It says in the mail asking us to withdraw the claim.

cmunonye3

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
It took 2 weeks for me but if deadline is near then sent Niagara Falls office a mail explaining the details of what have you done till now. They can give you an extension. It says in the mail asking us to withdraw the claim.
Thank you
Was your claim file also in Montreal?

cmunonye3

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
Finally Got My Permanent Resident Status in Canada

To God be the glory, it truly was like riding a roller coaster.

TIMELINE:
Application Submitted January 20, 2021
Application Received February 11, 2021
acknowledging receipt of your application February 20, 2021.
started processing your application on March 29, 2021
Sent in the completed hours May 12, 2021
Procedural fairness Letter received October 12 (I had to change my lawyer)
Procedural response sent to IRCC October 20
Letter of Refusal of Application received December 20, 2021
Request for Reconsideration December 24th 2021 (new lawyer)
officer request additional documents December 27 2021
Additional documents sent December 28, 2021
Officer requested for Bank statements, T4, NOA, letters from all agencies January 5, 2022
All the requested documents sent January 17, 2022
Approval in Principle letter received. January 19, 2022 (
Medical medical instructions on May 10, 2022
Medical results have been received May 22, 2022
Letter to withdraw refugee claim June 7, 2022
Claim withdrawal received and sent June 24, 2022
Permanent letter approval received July 2, 2022
COPR received July 14, 2022

I want to thank everyone on this platform for their positive advice during my difficult time, and I wish everyone who is still waiting the best of luck.
God Bless Canada

Last edited:
Reactions: Faitico and Tmon

lekanhamdalat

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
Finally Got My Permanent Resident Status in Canada

To God be the glory, it truly was like riding a roller coaster.

TIMELINE:
Application Submitted January 20, 2021
Application Received February 11, 2021
acknowledging receipt of your application February 20, 2021.
started processing your application on March 29, 2021
Sent in the completed hours May 12, 2021
Procedural fairness Letter received October 12 (I had to change my lawyer)
Procedural response sent to IRCC October 20
Letter of Refusal of Application received December 20, 2021
Request for Reconsideration December 24th 2021 (new lawyer)
officer request additional documents December 27 2021
Additional documents sent December 28, 2021
Officer requested for Bank statements, T4, NOA, letters from all agencies January 5, 2022
All the requested documents sent January 17, 2022
Approval in Principle letter received. January 19, 2022 (
Medical medical instructions on May 10, 2022
Medical results have been received May 22, 2022
Permanent letter approval received July 2, 2022
COPR received July 14, 2022

I want to thank everyone on this platform for their positive advice during my difficult time, and I wish everyone who is still waiting the best of luck.
God Bless Canada
Congratulations to u. I have been expecting to hear your good news.

Reactions: cmunonye3