+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

thank god

Star Member
Jan 1, 2022
I think the benefit to him/her is that they can travel back to their home country with the latter program unlike protected PR assuming she didn't have genuine fear.
Do you think we can go to our home country if we apply through this pathway. As it is a new program there is no much evidence of it being a problem afterwards.

thank god

Star Member
Jan 1, 2022
She already has been approved as a protected person so too late.
No... it's like when we apply through this program, before getting the status, we have to withdraw the claim right?. So that's why I asked. And for her if she has already been approved as a protected person she won't be eligible to apply right?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No... it's like when we apply through this program, before getting the status, we have to withdraw the claim right?. So that's why I asked. And for her if she has already been approved as a protected person she won't be eligible to apply right?
Haven’t looked at the exact details but the program is now closed so not an option so no point discussing,

thank god

Star Member
Jan 1, 2022
Haven’t looked at the exact details but the program is now closed so not an option so no point discussing,
True. I was asking about people who got PR through this program and withdrew their claim. Could they go home as the claim was withdrawn

rita456

Star Member
Jan 17, 2021
Hello house, this post isn’t concerning IRCC but Nigerian embassy, I went to Ottawa to renew passports after getting pr in august 2023, but I haven’t received any information from the embassy. It’s been four months and anytime I track my passports it says no item found and I got an email from them asking me where our old passports are. I’m frustrated because I’m beginning to think they have misplaced my daughters passports and our passport . Did anyone have a similar experience

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello house, this post isn’t concerning IRCC but Nigerian embassy, I went to Ottawa to renew passports after getting pr in august 2023, but I haven’t received any information from the embassy. It’s been four months and anytime I track my passports it says no item found and I got an email from them asking me where our old passports are. I’m frustrated because I’m beginning to think they have misplaced my daughters passports and our passport . Did anyone have a similar experience
If you are a refugee you can’t apply for new home country passports. That is considered reavailment and can be grounds for losing status in Canada.

Bukols

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
You have to make a trip down there again. Just look for any of their staff to talk to, you can ask of Mr Paul Olufemiwa, but you know our people, they would want you to tip them, but the good thing is if they have booklet, he might print for you right away.

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
My question is are you a Refugee? If so avoid applying for passport at this time until you citizen of Canada so you don't lose your status. But if your not then you will have to travel back to that embassy again and do the normal way of 9ijia to get your passport. It's very unfortunate but that the reality in which we find ourselves as a country. Thanks and good luck.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
My question is are you a Refugee? If so avoid applying for passport at this time until you citizen of Canada so you don't lose your status. But if your not then you will have to travel back to that embassy again and do the normal way of 9ijia to get your passport. It's very unfortunate but that the reality in which we find ourselves as a country. Thanks and good luck.
Reading from previous post, she applied under Pathway to Permanent Resident recognize exception service of asylum seeker (front line), and she received AIP already. As per the policy, at certain point, she will have or had withdrawn her asylum and she can apply/use home passport. She is asking if there is any similar experience with Nigerian Embassy...

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Reading from previous post, she applied under Pathway to Permanent Resident recognize exception service of asylum seeker (front line), and she received AIP already. As per the policy, at certain point, she will have or had withdrawn her asylum and she can apply/use home passport. She is asking if there is any similar experience with Nigerian Embassy...
Okay I do understand now about the pathway. Nigeria embassy allover the world is infested with corruption so it doesn't matter if your citizen or not once need anything from them you have to go through a lot of stress to get it done, and also pay your way out.