+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

DiBrownieF

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Is the background checks same as Criminal,Security checks or both?
Security-finger prints if you are wanted nationally or internationally
Criminal-If you have ever gone to jail, your criminal history
Background checks- to know who you are as a person in all the countries you have lived in the past 10 years.

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020
Security-finger prints if you are wanted nationally or internationally
Criminal-If you have ever gone to jail, your criminal history
Background checks- to know who you are as a person in all the countries you have lived in the past 10 years.
I asked cause,a friend of mine did her medicals since February,and up till now,she's yet to get her COPR while few people she knows who did same Medicals in March and April,already got theirs.
When she called them,she was told they are checking on her criminality.
That was samething they told her prior to her AIP when she called them.
Well,I am just marvelled...

DiBrownieF

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
I asked cause,a friend of mine did her medicals since February,and up till now,she's yet to get her COPR while few people she knows who did same Medicals in March and April,already got theirs.
When she called them,she was told they are checking on her criminality.
That was samething they told her prior to her AIP when she called them.
Well,I am just marvelled...
Yes, if you have a questionable history, they will take time to verify.

blessed2021

Mar 2, 2021
@lLolly smile, thanks for your word of encouragement. I noticed that you received your AIP in second week in January, may you please confirm when did u submit your documents to IRCC such as police report certificate etc? Have you receive any communication from IRCC since you submitted because I received my AIP end of January and submitted my document to IRCC in Feb. 18 even my spouse did his medical Feb 5 and it will upload to CIC in Feb 10 but no communication from IRCC since then. I will like to know if you have been advice to withdraw you application from IRB yet or any form of communication from them to you.

Lolly smiles

Nov 17, 2020
@lLolly smile, thanks for your word of encouragement. I noticed that you received your AIP in second week in January, may you please confirm when did u submit your documents to IRCC such as police report certificate etc? Have you receive any communication from IRCC since you submitted because I received my AIP end of January and submitted my document to IRCC in Feb. 18 even my spouse did his medical Feb 5 and it will upload to CIC in Feb 10 but no communication from IRCC since then. I will like to know if you have been advice to withdraw you application from IRB yet or any form of communication from them to you.
I submitted my PCC in March and I emailed them last week to check if they need anything and the said they have everything.No withdrawal because I already got a dismissal for my judicial reviews in January a day before I got my AIP..

blessed2021

Mar 2, 2021
I submitted my PCC in March and I emailed them last week to check if they need anything and the said they have everything.No withdrawal because I already got a dismissal for my judicial reviews in January a day before I got my AIP..
Thanks... All the best to us. still waiting for my COPR although i received email from IRP that my application on hold few days before my AIP

Reactions: Lolly smiles

Orahman

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
Is it advisable to do upfront medical and send it to IRCC. It so difficult to book medical appointments these days.

Sam18

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
I hope we hear good news soon.
I received an email from my lawyer today saying "
Your case succeeded at the first stage. The Court order is attached.
There is now an additional $2,500 owing in legal fees for the second stage in proceedings."
I am confused of what to do next. I got my AIP and did my medical on February since then there is no communication. I wasn't asked to withdraw or hold my judicial review. My lawyer knows I've applied for this program and the stage i am right now but he still proceeding with my case and asking for money. Any advice please...

Lolly smiles

Nov 17, 2020
I hope we hear good news soon.
I received an email from my lawyer today saying "
Your case succeeded at the first stage. The Court order is attached.
There is now an additional $2,500 owing in legal fees for the second stage in proceedings."
I am confused of what to do next. I got my AIP and did my medical on February since then there is no communication. I wasn't asked to withdraw or hold my judicial review. My lawyer knows I've applied for this program and the stage i am right now but he still proceeding with my case and asking for money. Any advice please...
I guess he’s charging you for 2nd stage process. That’s a lot of money. You can do 2nd stage by yourself if you have all the requirements

Sam18

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
I guess he’s charging you for 2nd stage process. That’s a lot of money. You can do 2nd stage by yourself if you have all the requirements
Last year he explained to me how the judicial review works and I agreed to pay him $5000 over all, 2500 for the first stage 2500 for the second. You're right he's saying it's time to proceed to the second stage and time for me to pay up but I was hoping we won't go to the second stage because I've a higher chance of getting my PR through this pathway. Imagine I pay him today to proceed and tomorrow I get a letter saying I've to withdraw my judicial review... that would be $2500 down the drain lol