+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

Tmon

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
I have a friend who also applied for this pathway through a lawyer.
He paid him is total fee and the application was submitted.

There after. IRCC keep requesting documents after documents. Now the lawyer is insisting he has to collect more money if he wants him to work, advise and submit the documents.

Does the lawyer need to charge or request money money again.

Pls advise
Some lawyers are just so greedy and useless. In my opinion the lawyer is not supposed to ask for more money. If he/she did the job right, they should not be asking for more documents. Your friend can submit everything by himself if he receives messages directly from ircc.

Reactions: Apovine

Samsonge

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021
Please am asking for a friend, after receiving COPR and you have family outside Canada included on your application and have been given COPR alongside with you, how do you start the process of inviting them over, please anyone can advise?
It’ll be sponsorship and I think the process should be faster because you must have submitted their medicals and police clearance along with yours , so I think when you submit the sponsorship application they might just approval automatically since all documents were already made available vice versa .
Sometimes last week , I assisted my Neigbour to complete the checklist and submitted sponsorship application for her spouse who lives outside Canada .

Last edited:

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
It’ll be sponsorship and I think the process should be faster because you must have submitted their medicals and police clearance along with yours , so I think when you submit the sponsorship application they might just approval automatically since all documents were already made available vice versa .
Sometimes last week , I assisted my Neigbour to complete the checklist and submitted sponsorship application for her spouse who lives outside Canada .
Thanks a lot, so she can get the form on IRCC website? Would she be needing the help of her lawyer or Not?

Reactions: Samsonge

Samsonge

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021
Thanks a lot, so she can get the form on IRCC website? Would she be needing the help of her lawyer or Not?
Some people use Legal Rep while some people doesn't , it has a user guide and the steps are given and explained in detail
Although ,It depends on how complicated their case is , but if they don't have any rare situation or condition , they can just review the user guide and follow through

Samsonge

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021
I was at the Judicial review for refugee claim as at the time of my application, so it was put on hold.
Please advise @Khejjy , How did they put your judicial review on hold ?
I am currently on judicial review and I got my Aip on 6th of May ,lawyer didn’t mention anything about the hold - she emailed us last week that our judicial review has passed first stage (Granted hearing) -: could they have put it on hold ? Cos she might ask us to pay the second instalment fee ..

Funmi01

Apr 12, 2019
Please is there anyone in the house who has successfully sponsored his/her spouse through this pathway. How long did it take Please?. Cld you please share. Thank you.

Samsonge

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021
Please is there anyone in the house who has successfully sponsored his/her spouse through this pathway. How long did it take Please?. Cld you please share. Thank you.
@Funmi01 I know a few people that are currently in the process and from the fact that was gathered around - it seems it takes about 6-12 months processing time . The processing time page of immigration also indicates about 12 months but we are anticipating that process should be faster since they had you guys upload police clearance and medical during your initial application . Kindly review my previous comment for the user guide for sponsorship and the application package link is all you need per guidance …

Reactions: Funmi01

Funmi01

Apr 12, 2019
@Funmi01 I know a few people that are currently in the process and from the fact that was gathered around - it seems it takes about 6-12 months processing time . The processing time page of immigration also indicates about 12 months but we are anticipating that process should be faster since they had you guys upload police clearance and medical during your initial application . Kindly review my previous comment for the user guide for sponsorship and the application package link is all you need per guidance …
Thank you so much for the prompt response. Okay. I will

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
Please advise @Khejjy , How did they put your judicial review on hold ?
I am currently on judicial review and I got my Aip on 6th of May ,lawyer didn’t mention anything about the hold - she emailed us last week that our judicial review has passed first stage (Granted hearing) -: could they have put it on hold ? Cos she might ask us to pay the second instalment fee ..
I submitted my application on February 12, and got AIP May 4th, meanwhile my judicial review was held on April 19th , but till date no response, sometimes ago when I called IRCC to ask about it, the agent told me it's been put on hold and they don't need to send me a mail for claim withdrawal like others.
Sometimes ago I also posted on the platform asking anyone who was on Judicial review and hot gotten COPR, if they asked them to withdraw theory claim and the response I got from about 2 people said the just received COPR after their medical.
So I believe your judicial review will still run and when you get your COPR, they put it on hold. That's just what I think.

Hopie

Apr 29, 2021
God has done it for me and my family! E-COPR received this evening. Timeline:

Application received in Vancouver March 2
AOR March 22
Processing Started April 30
Document request( hours completed) Mail from Toronto May 3rd
Completed hours sent with upfront medicals May 5th
AIP May 18th
Pre arrival services email May 19th
Medical received May 27
July 21- Mail received that refugee claim has been put on hold.
Decision Made on ECAS 27th September
PR approval Email 27th September
Portal Request 29th September, pictures and address uploaded
E-COPR less than two hours after pictures were uploaded. 29th September.

Praise God!
I am a pending refugee claimant and I have been in Canada since December 2017 with no hearing date. I was expecting a letter to withdraw my claim but I never got it before this COPR. I’ll have to call IRB tomorrow to know what to do. I pray that for everyone that is expecting good news it will come speedily in Jesus name!
congratulations

Reactions: Tmon