21-11-2015
IELTS Request
21-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015
Passport Req..
10-02-2016
acey said:
How were you able to get an appointment so fast?
Did you call up the Calgary CIC office directly? Or the regular toll free #. Can you please share the process/timeline.
I got my passport back on Thursday. Called up the toll free # provided in the letter on Friday and the agent said that the wait time is between 2-6 weeks for the CIC Hamilton office. Still haven't heard anything from the CIC Hamilton office - which is the one closest to me.
Asked the agent if I could land at the CIC Ottawa office without an appointment (2nd/4th Tuesday every month). She had no clue and told me I had to land at the one closest to me or at the border.
I just phone the toll free number and the agent said the Calgary CIC offices will phone me back for a appointment, the agent said that the wait time can be anything from to 3-6 weeks, but then the offices phoned me back and that was that I got the appointment

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
return tracker activated yesterday.. Will get PP on Monday..
And will be landing on Thursday at Niagra.. Planning to early Morning at 8am..
We have US Visa; so just walk in and come back to the Canada border right?

AB27

Aug 22, 2015
Hi senior,
PLEASE HELP.....

I am pretty new in this forum ,I got my passport request last week and i already send it to Ottawa. I am PEI PNP applicant under express entry,currently living in ALBERTA. I have question regarding landing procedure at border service agency--i have to do my landing procedure in my nominated province PEI or i can do at any border in Canada,I CAN DO BORDER NEAR ALBERTA?

PLEASE SUGGEST ME. any chances of rejection by officer at border?

My timeline;Inland pnp applicant
AOR-11-OCT-2016
PPR request-20-Feb-2016

Thank you so much
Ap

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sdsouza said:
Thanks pkumthek and zyy36912, lets stay in touch
Yes, I will update you guise once my return tracker is activated. Let me know when you see yours too.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
jemdill said:
return tracker activated yesterday.. Will get PP on Monday..
And will be landing on Thursday at Niagra.. Planning to early Morning at 8am..
We have US Visa; so just walk in and come back to the Canada border right?
Sort of yes. I should mention though, having a US visa has no effect in this case. The moment you tell them the purpose of entry is to flag pole for PR, they are going to give you a paper refusal, since you do not actually intend to go to US.

But yes you walk to the US immigration, they will give you a paper refusal, you walk to Canada side, show them that and complete your landing. Officially it doesn't really count as a refusal.

But to be safe, if you are ever applying for a visa latter and asked the question "have you ever been refused entry / visa bla bla", its better to mention I flag polled for getting my PR.

Queries

Jul 7, 2015
ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Oct 2015
Doc's Request.
Multiple times
Nomination.....
ON
AOR Received.
26 Oct 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
24 Feb 2016 :)
VISA ISSUED...
1-March-2016 (Passport received - 11 March 2016)
LANDED..........
12-March-2106
fkl said:
Sort of yes. I should mention though, having a US visa has no effect in this case. The moment you tell them the purpose of entry is to flag pole for PR, they are going to give you a paper refusal, since you do not actually intend to go to US.

But yes you walk to the US immigration, they will give you a paper refusal, you walk to Canada side, show them that and complete your landing. Officially it doesn't really count as a refusal.

But to be safe, if you are ever applying for a visa latter and asked the question "have you ever been refused entry / visa bla bla", its better to mention I flag polled for getting my PR.
Can't we go to US (lets say Buffalo closest to Niagara fall) and come back and do the landing .... that way we can save the refusal... Not necessarily we have to go to Buffalo but at immigration we can say we are going for shopping .... just a thought

mzaarija

Feb 23, 2016
:D Hello Guys ! ITS A SUNDAY !! AFterNOON And received an update on CIC ..................APPlication closed and approved !! YES on a sunday. PASSport received by CPC OTTAWA on last Monday !!! (22nd of FEB). tracker not activated yet.
so happy right now !

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mzaarija said:
:D Hello Guys ! ITS A SUNDAY !! AFterNOON And received an update on CIC ..................APPlication closed and approved !! YES on a sunday. PASSport received by CPC OTTAWA on last Monday !!! (22nd of FEB). tracker not activated yet.
so happy right now !
looks like it's pretty quick !

mzaarija

Feb 23, 2016
rajanvnv said:
I was surprised myself!! I received the ppr on friday the 19th sent it same day reached ottawa on Monday ! And now its approved but still no tracker which is understandable no canadapost on weekends. The officer must be behind on his files and trying to speed up on weekends.
Now time to start freaking out abt the landing !

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mzaarija said:
I was surprised myself!! I received the ppr on friday the 19th sent it same day reached ottawa on Monday ! And now its approved but still no tracker which is understandable no canadapost on weekends. The officer must be behind on his files and trying to speed up on weekends.
Now time to start freaking out abt the landing !
congrats bud. Are you an inlander or outlander ?

funmohan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Sep-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 12 Feb
rajanvnv said:

Same here! Passports reached CPC on 22nd Feb. Received an update that my application has been approved! :)

Where is this application? Details
Application/profile status Closed
Review of eligibility Passed
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview
A background check is needed Complete
Final decision This application has been approved

funmohan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Sep-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 12 Feb
Does anyone know how many days it takes before the return tracker is updated after the application is approved and closed?