+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to Accra Visa Office !

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
Hello guys, I got a refusal letter today and there was no specific reason while my application was refused. However, I received a gcms notes sometime in June where the officer said he wasn't satisfied that my husband has a brother who is a PR and he was going to send a refusal letter. We quickly sent more documents (pictures from childhood to adulthood of both siblings, both families marriage certificate where their Dad my father in-law signed as Thier father, my brother in-law swore an affidavit in Canada, got an attestation letter from national population commission of my country stating they were both siblings). The documents were acknowledge. Subsequently in October another gcms notes showed nothing was done about the documents, we had to send again. This time an agent confirmed Accra has the documents and everything looked good only for me to get a refusal letter today. Pls I need advise as to the next steps to take. If seeking for reconsideration is best before appealing and what are my chances on both steps. It's really sad and very emotional that they refused my application because of their claim that I couldn't prove my sibling relationship even when we opted to do a DNA test to confirm this after contacting the ircc labs that insisted we must get a request letter from ircc and our correspondence were sent with other documents.Urgent Inputs from experienced people here will be appreciated
I am sorry about your refusal. I am not an expert and I'm not sure what's the best action you can take moving forward.
But I'm certain that the fault here is from your brother in-law. Unfortunately he excluded your husband (as his brother) when he applied for his PR. They have his file and anyone not included in that application as a family member will always be excluded in future applications where he's the link.

Speakofblessings

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
I am sorry about your refusal. I am not an expert and I'm not sure what's the best action you can take moving forward.
But I'm certain that the fault here is from your brother in-law. Unfortunately he excluded your husband (as his brother) when he applied for his PR. They have his file and anyone not included in that application as a family member will always be excluded in future applications where he's the link.
Thank you so much for your kind words. However, he did include my spouse in his application as a matter of fact, he was able to screenshot the page on his application where my spouse details were listed as his brother and we included this as part of documents sent to Accra. We will take steps to ensure this is reversed.

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
Thank you so much for your kind words. However, he did include my spouse in his application as a matter of fact, he was able to screenshot the page on his application where my spouse details were listed as his brother and we included this as part of documents sent to Accra. We will take steps to ensure this is reversed.
This is really sad. I think you have a strong case here. You should totally appeal. I think @legalfalcon can advise you better.

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
Is your appointment PNP? If it is, which province is it?

Zibah

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nigeria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-10-2019
Doc's Request.
03-12-2019
Nomination.....
19-05-2020
AOR Received.
10-06-2020
Med's Request
14-08-2020
Med's Done....
14-08-2020
Kindly advise.

I got an ADR November 2 for schedule 4- provincial nominee, which they gave me deadline of November 7 to submit but submitted immediately on November 2. I submited on my cic account as requested in the letter. Then I got a ghost update which resulted to status change to the additional document you provided has been uploaded.

Uptill now the status still showing uploaded. It seems to me that the officer has not looked at the document submitted.

I am thinking I should resend with web form. Maybe that will call attention to it. I read that people get review of ADR at most few days after submission from forums.

Kindly assist with your input. Thank you.

paulaski

Nov 4, 2019
Pls has anyone heard from accra visa office yet. My passport has been with them since 5th November and no news from them. Am getting really concern about the delay. Any help pls

Runmiles

Nov 9, 2019
Pls has anyone heard from accra visa office yet. My passport has been with them since 5th November and no news from them. Am getting really concern about the delay. Any help pls
Not pleasant but there is no need to concerned. I submitted mine to VFS on the 25th of September and it has been under processing with the Visa Office since 2nd October. It is really frustrating. What are they processing for almost 2 months???

Last edited:

gbemigirl

Nov 20, 2019
Not pleasant but there is no need to concerned. I submitted mine to VFS on the 25th of September and it has been under processing with the Visa Office since 2nd October. It is really frustrating. What are they processing for almost 2 months???
i am in the same situation since 26th Oct have sent my passport to Accra. we should all come together and do something about this unnecessary delay.

Goodnewscad

Nov 27, 2020
i am in the same situation since 26th Oct have sent my passport to Accra. we should all come together and do something about this unnecessary delay.
Please has anyone received any form of communication from Accra concerning the passport delays?...we really need to come together and do something about this, any ideas?

Goodnewscad

Nov 27, 2020
Hi Runmiles,

Has your counterfoil been updated on your profile?...if so, when was it updated

Goodnewscad

Nov 27, 2020
I sent my passport to VFS Lagos on Monday. Yesterday (Tuesday) i received this mail

Your application, tracking ID No. XXXXXXX is in transit and has been dispatched to the IRCC Office through the Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos Office, on 10/27/2020 4:18:58 PM for processing. For further details, please contact the VAC helpline number or refer to our

But when i tracked the application online, it says "Passport is ready for collection at the VAC"

does anyone know why this happens ?
Hi Paparazzi,

Please have you received your passport now or have you received any update yet?