+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

samramandy

Aug 10, 2020
I’m also waiting for the return label to be activated. Hope I’ll receive my passport this week.
I just wanted to update that my FedEx tracker has been activated today.
So basically, my application was approved on Mar 10 and tracker got activated today, Mar 16.
Hopefully it will be delivered by end of this week. So, all in all, it usually takes about 2 weeks from date of approval to receive the passport.

TedLA

May 12, 2020
So basically, my application was approved on Mar 10 and tracker got activated today, Mar 16.
Hopefully it will be delivered by end of this week. So, all in all, it usually takes about 2 weeks from date of approval to receive the passport.
Thanks! My FedEx tracker still shows as pending, though my application was approved on the same day as yours. I hope it will be activated in the next two days.

Reactions: samramandy

TedLA

May 12, 2020
I just found out that mine was also shipped today. The interesting thing is in my FedEx account, the tracking number always shows as label created. However, when I directly search the tracking number on the FedEx website, it now shows multiple results were found, one as in my account showing label created, the other one showing in transit. I guess that's why someone mentioned earlier that they received the passport but the FedEx tracker never got activated.

samramandy

Aug 10, 2020
I just found out that mine was also shipped today. The interesting thing is in my FedEx account, the tracking number always shows as label created. However, when I directly search the tracking number on the FedEx website, it now shows multiple results were found, one as in my account showing label created, the other one showing in transit. I guess that's why someone mentioned earlier that they received the passport but the FedEx tracker never got activated.
Oh ok, that is interesting. In my case, I got a notification also in email and the tracker got activated in FedEx's tracking website.

samramandy

Aug 10, 2020
Oh ok, that is interesting. In my case, I got a notification also in email and the tracker got activated in FedEx's tracking website.
Just an update. I received my passport today at 8 am. Tracker was activated yesterday and I received the passport today, that was fast.

All in all, it took me two months to receive my passport with counterfoil and COPR. Sent on Jan 13, received on March 17.

Reactions: TedLA

samramandy

Aug 10, 2020
Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to give everyone a little tip in case you're planning to landing and settling in Canada during COVID19 times, please follow your quarantine orders. Screening officers have been to my place of quarantine 4 times so far. Different times and people, and I also got calls from them almost everyday.
Just thought I'd let you know.
Good info, thanks!

Are you quarantining in a hotel/airbnb or some relatives' place?
Also, can you please share the steps or any documentation for transferring your car from US to Canada?

TedLA

May 12, 2020
Just an update. I received my passport today at 8 am. Tracker was activated yesterday and I received the passport today, that was fast.

All in all, it took me two months to receive my passport with counterfoil and COPR. Sent on Jan 13, received on March 17.
Great! I received mine too!

Reactions: samramandy

samramandy

Aug 10, 2020
Seems like you cannot travel to Canada yet, if you are from any other country apart from the US and got your PR after Mar 2020.
They are saying you need to apply for an Authorization Letter (AL) before you plan to travel, which is getting approved on case by case basis. I guess it is required for people who are not exempted to travel.
Heard some folks, not living in the US, were not allowed to board the flight because they did not have an AL.

Any idea about this AL and how long it takes to come?

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to give everyone a little tip in case you're planning to landing and settling in Canada during COVID19 times, please follow your quarantine orders. Screening officers have been to my place of quarantine 4 times so far. Different times and people, and I also got calls from them almost everyday.
Just thought I'd let you know.
Thanks for the update brother. I have American Verizon network. Don't know if it works in Toronto yo receive calls for quarantine updates. On top of that, my airbnb is in a basement. Not sure How I am gonna be navigating this.

Kwesi Fred

Nov 11, 2020
Seriously, the last part of the process is like a black box, you have no idea what's going on. And it is so frustrating because there is no communication from their end also.

Ideally, the last part of the entire process should be super fast and should run like a well oiled machine, however, these guys have created a bottleneck there. Even if the staff is limited, it should not take so much time. How could they sit on people's passports for months, it is one of the most important documents. This is ridiculous. Sorry about the rant, been waiting for almost 2 years now ever since the ITA.
Wait, you've been waiting for 2 months or 2 years??? And still not gotten ur passport back????

samramandy

Aug 10, 2020
Wait, you've been waiting for 2 months or 2 years??? And still not gotten ur passport back????
About 2 years to get a PPR.
2 months to get COPR, after sending my passport to Canada CPC Ottawa.

And now they are not letting me travel, even though I am ready to move permanently. So, the wait game is still on.

jhunka

Apr 20, 2021
Just received request letter on Apr20th - for sending passport and photos to Ottawa, ON - from USA. Any guidance on how long they are taking to process the COPR requests these days? It is scary to give up passport for out of country processing for long durations. COVID concerns on going work continuity and emergency travel needs loom large - while processing times have become too unpredictable. Hoping to get some sense of how long I should anticipate to be without access to passport.

Appreciate any personal/anecdotal experience from people who sent their passport recently.

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Just received request letter on Apr20th - for sending passport and photos to Ottawa, ON - from USA. Any guidance on how long they are taking to process the COPR requests these days? It is scary to give up passport for out of country processing for long durations. COVID concerns on going work continuity and emergency travel needs loom large - while processing times have become too unpredictable. Hoping to get some sense of how long I should anticipate to be without access to passport.

Appreciate any personal/anecdotal experience from people who sent their passport recently.
checkout passport tracker on myimmitracker.com. you will get a pretty good idea about other peoples processing time. Some people had sent in passport back in november, december and jan. I had sent in passport early feb. Everyone's passport was cleared by the end of feb by Ottawa office.

Reactions: jhunka