+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hi There

I have received the invitation to apply for my parents PR. Can someone please answer my questions below?

1. I do not have birth certificate ever, I always used my education certificate as the proof of relation. Can I use the same here as well? I am a Canadian citizen now and my Indian passport is cancelled as India doesn't support dual citizenship. I am unsure of what to use as proof of relation with my Parents. (Father. - principal applicant).

2. Cirriculam Vitae/Resume - Do I have to prepare resume's for for both (Mother and Father) and attach them?

3. If I give permission to CIC to collect the reports from CRA, do I still need to fill in IMM5748e.?

Few more questions will follow as I proceed with the application :) ... or please advise in general if I have to be aware of anything.

Thanks always to this group for supporting.
1. Please look at my post just above your comment for means of proving relationship with parents based on the 2020 thread comments .
2. Yes pls
3. No, once you provide your SIN, they will get the details themselves

sraboni5

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Since it is submitted, you cant update anything until we have an application number generated which is after Acknowledgement of Receipt(AOR). Once they send the AOR, you can raise a webform to update the details. We are both in the waiting game for the AOR or request for additional info if the initial submission was incomplete :). I wont sweat it, it can be updated later.
thank you so much

Son gill

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Hello...do i have to fill separate IMM5406(additional family information) for my siblings too who are still in india and over the age of 18 even if they are married as i did for my father and mother.?

love4immigration

Jan 26, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello...do i have to fill separate IMM5406(additional family information) for my siblings too who are still in india and over the age of 18 even if they are married as i did for my father and mother.?
No, additional family form is only for dependents but it will contain information about all family members.

inder dhindsa

Jul 28, 2016
hello everyone! i hope you all are great ! i submitted application for my in laws on oct. 14, 2021 . wish you all good luck . is there any whats group for this thread ???

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

saahir2019

Nov 5, 2021
Hello,

I am am Indian and a permanent resident here in Calgary and i want to call my parents on visitors visa. But there is a spelling mistake on my Fathers name on my passport. Its Pradip on my passport and Pradeep on his passport.

1. Will there be any issue if i still apply for visitors visa? Can it get denied?
2. What is the complete Name correction process here in Canada? I have no idea.

Please help. Thank you
no

there will not be an issue. get a notary lawyer fron india to make a letter that both names are of same persons. all is well after that

Raj2202

Star Member
May 16, 2019
1. Please look at my post just above your comment for means of proving relationship with parents based on the 2020 thread comments .
2. Yes pls
3. No, once you provide your SIN, they will get the details themselves
Hi @Bimpsy_7, Thank you for your response. I did read the comment you posted on relationship proof.
Question, Can I do the affidavit here in Canada? If yes, what all documents I have to carry to a Notary person.

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021