+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
Its just the IMM008 form that i have to add details for the dependant and nothing else right? all other forms are only filled up by the principal applicant?
There are other forms like background, travel history, additional family information that both principal applicant and the dependent need to fill. You can see them in the application guide

Reactions: YVR123

madToothbrush

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone please guide on this part -
My parents don't speak/write English so I'm filling all their forms online (meant for Principal Applicant) . In such case, do I need to submit "Use of representative form IMM5476" ? Or this for is only required if we had hired any immigration consultant ?

nikjuneja

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-May-2013 CC Charged...: 1-Aug-2013 PER Received...: 12-Aug-2013
AOR Received.
23-10-2013 ECAS update...: 23-Feb-2014 (processing started on 21-Feb-2014)..
Med's Request
27-02-2014
Med's Done....
01-03-2014 PPT rcvd by NDVO: 04-03-2014 ECAS update : 09-03-2014(Medicals rcvd) DD encashed: 12-Mar-2014 Decision Made: 30-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Collected passports from VFS on 3-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
[color=green][b] 17th July 2014
Hi friends.. any link for tracker for 2021 applications?

rhea2722

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Hi everyone. Had a few questions for which I'm sure this group would be able to help out -

My situation : I (sponsor) am sponsoring my parents (Mother and Father). Father is the Principal Applicant, and Mother would be his Dependent.

Questions -
1. For IMM 1344, there's no option to input any information for my mother (who is a dependent of my father, the principal applicant). So basically I just need to add information of the principal applicant (my father) in this IMM 1344 form?

2. For IMM 5669 , I need to attach 2 copies of the form (One each for Principal Applicant(father) and dependent(mother)) - however while submitting the application online, how can I create "2 copies of the form" ? I'm assuming it should have 2 line items in the electronic form?

3. Similarly, for IMM5406, I need to attach 2 copies of the form (One each for Principal Applicant(father) and dependent(mother)) - however while submitting the application online, how can I create "2 copies of the form" ? I'm assuming it should have 2 line items in the electronic form?

dextrousud

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Hi everyone!

My file is in process for sponsoring my parents. CIC requires me to submit some info from my application in process that they reviewed:

Birth registration/certificate: The birth certificate provided does not list Sponsor's name . Please
provide proof of relationship to Principal Applicant and accompanying dependent spouse (if applicable). If your
documents are not in English or French, you must include a notarized and certified translation with a copy of the
original version.

In India, BC does not include the name of the person (at least not in 1986)... what can I do here? Has anybody had the same experience? Your suggestions would be much appreciated. thanks!

NoorPirani

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
I have just submitted my parent application. The online PR portal is weird. For the past 2 weeks, I was uploading whatever documents I have and keeping them ready. Today, I tried to sign and submit the application finally, I noticed that it did not show any supporting documents uploads, only it shows the processing fee receipt. I was shocked and tried to sign out and re-login. then I can see all the supporting documents uploads. Anyone experience this issue. Thanks
Don't they check the IP address from where did you submit the application ? I am almost ready to submit the application on behalf of my parents who are not present in Canada nor they are tech-savvy to upload files and fill out the online forms.

The Consent Declaration says the following:

"I declare that I, as the principal applicant, am electronically signing my application, not another person or representative."

Nisha_Litty

Jul 26, 2016
Hi everyone. Had a few questions for which I'm sure this group would be able to help out -

My situation : I (sponsor) am sponsoring my parents (Mother and Father). Father is the Principal Applicant, and Mother would be his Dependent.

Questions -
1. For IMM 1344, there's no option to input any information for my mother (who is a dependent of my father, the principal applicant). So basically I just need to add information of the principal applicant (my father) in this IMM 1344 form?

2. For IMM 5669 , I need to attach 2 copies of the form (One each for Principal Applicant(father) and dependent(mother)) - however while submitting the application online, how can I create "2 copies of the form" ? I'm assuming it should have 2 line items in the electronic form?

3. Similarly, for IMM5406, I need to attach 2 copies of the form (One each for Principal Applicant(father) and dependent(mother)) - however while submitting the application online, how can I create "2 copies of the form" ? I'm assuming it should have 2 line items in the electronic form?
did you get answer for this i too have the same doubt

Nisha_Litty

Jul 26, 2016
I am also planning to submit my parent's application but I as the sponsor changed my address after receiving the invitation letter. So i would need to submit proof of change. My question is whom I should write the letter too.

dixo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Hello All,

I received an invitation for my parents, but my income was law in the past year due to my wife was pregnant from mid 2018 to mid 2019. my 2020 income is fine now there's no income issue. Can my brother be a co-signer in the application living at the same address as joint family.

please help me thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,

I received an invitation for my parents, but my income was law in the past year due to my wife was pregnant from mid 2018 to mid 2019. my 2020 income is fine now there's no income issue. Can my brother be a co-signer in the application living at the same address as joint family.

please help me thanks.
No, he cannot co-sign.

Only your spouse / common law partner can co-sign.

Fred200a

Feb 20, 2017

Questions -

Hello, for your questions, here is my response
1. you do not need to add you mother in this form, only the principal applicant is required. only add information of your father.
2. if you have created the online account, you will see this form to be filled out in the online account, there you can add the information for both your mother and father.
3. same as above.

Fred200a

Feb 20, 2017
Hello
In filling this 'Supplementary information - Your travel -IMM 5562" does I (sponsor) enter my travel details since i am a family member of the principal applicant.

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hello All,

please help me thanks.
Your brother can not be a co-signer, He has to get a separate invitation to be able to sponsor your parents. Only your spouse or common law partner can co-sign.

Reactions: wvo2017

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
I am also planning to submit my parent's application but I as the sponsor changed my address after receiving the invitation letter. So i would need to submit proof of change. My question is whom I should write the letter too.
I think the address came up in the interest to sponsor form, You can just upload an explanation in the 'others placeholder' with a copy of your updated DL or utility bill that has your new address. I don't think it is an issue, but it is fine to address it.