+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hey everyone! How’s it going? Been a while since I posted here. Good to see everyone’s applications making decent, steady progress.

Parents received their Police Clearance Certificate request yesterday (Tracker updated).

Haven’t received Biometric request yet BUT IRCC account already shows that they have my parents’ biometric from 2019 (submitted while getting a super visa) which is valid till 2029 so I’m guessing we won’t have to provide again? They better issue a refund of fees paid during PGP2020 application eventually.

Also, what about Medicals? Haven’t received any requests yet. Is it true that if they have given a medical exam in the last 5 years, IRCC may not ask for one again? Can someone please confirm this? Or is someone else in a similar situation?

Thanks! Hang in there!

bikcan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-04-2017 (Passed)
The Indian Government has changed the PCC application process for Indian nationals residing in India to a self-help model where applicants can apply for a PCC online through the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) website. These are the steps involved in applying for a PCC through PSK:

• Create a profile in PSK’s website
  • Complete the online application form, pay the fee and schedule an appointment to submit the documents to the nearest PSK
  • Submit the documents at PSK: You must personally submit your documents
  • Police verification: Personal presence is mandatory
  • Collect the PCC from PSK: It may be collected in person. There is also an option to have the PCC dispatched directly to the applicant’s address from the PSK via registered/speed post
On average it takes 15 - 20 working days from the date of submission of the application to receive a response.
Thank you for the response :)

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
Hello folks, out of curiosity I would like to know from fellow applicants if anyone else has such note about sub sections below in the letter received from IRCC requesting for PCC, Voter ID and Aadhar card for parents and sponsor?

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Parents and Grandparents program.
As per Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugees Protection Act (“the Act”), in order for you to receive p
ermanent residence an officer must be satisfied that both you and your applicable family members are not inadmissible and meet the requirements of the Act.
Furthermore, Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that: “A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.”
After a preliminary review of your application, the following has been deemed required:
Please provide the current residential address for yourself and your dependant family member (if applicable). You must report any changes to your address, telephone number(s) and email address immediately throughout the

processing of your application.

> Marriage Certificate / Licence: As proof of relationship to your spouse please provide the Aadhaar and Voter’s ID card for yourself and your spouse. NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship. This must be received at this office by: 2021/11/26.

> Police Certificates (Multiple): Please provide a copy of your original police certificate from India,
United Arab Emirates, and any other country where you have resided for a period of six months or longer since the age of 18. Instructions to obtain Police Certificates can be found on our website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp. This must be received at this office by: 2021/11/26.

What does it actually means, it kind of throws me off as if we have delayed in sending docs?

Last edited:

nash_avatar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Brampton , Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo , USA
App. Filed.......
23 Nov 2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
19/12/2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
  1. Make sure your Ecas Status is available before linking to myCIC. ( you cannot link to myCIC if Ecas not available).
  2. After you login to MyCIC, you click on Link App to this Account button.
      • Choose Permanent Residence in category &
      • Family Class (Parents & Grandparents) in sub-category. This will open all the required fields you will need to fill up.
  3. Application Details: use suitable option . if you don't have File# use UCI # and Family name of Principal Applicant OR family name , Given name and DOB option and enter Principal Applicant details.
  4. Application Personal Information: Passport or Place of birth . In the passport section, enter the info as seen in the originally sent passport of PA. you can use passport # and date or place.
  5. Other Application Information: Where does the applicant intend to live in Canada? Match the city and province name you entered in the original application. and PA maritial status.
  6. count # of Family member = [ Sponsor + if Cosigner ] do not count kids + [PA + if Dep]
  7. open Link to see more details.
The system will only link an application if the information you enter matches the application exactly. Make sure you don’t have any extra spaces before or after what you type into each field.

Also check
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1226&top=23
Thank you so much Jadeda. Finally I was able to link the application to my online account. Apparently the mistake i was making was number of family. I thought it should be 2 but it is 2 + 1 = 3.

Reactions: jadeja

mike87

Oct 27, 2014
Hey everyone! How’s it going? Been a while since I posted here. Good to see everyone’s applications making decent, steady progress.

Parents received their Police Clearance Certificate request yesterday (Tracker updated).

Haven’t received Biometric request yet BUT IRCC account already shows that they have my parents’ biometric from 2019 (submitted while getting a super visa) which is valid till 2029 so I’m guessing we won’t have to provide again? They better issue a refund of fees paid during PGP2020 application eventually.

Also, what about Medicals? Haven’t received any requests yet. Is it true that if they have given a medical exam in the last 5 years, IRCC may not ask for one again? Can someone please confirm this? Or is someone else in a similar situation?

Thanks! Hang in there!
Hi,

Ircc used my parent’s medical that was provided during their supervisa 2 years ago. My parents have been in Canada for over a year now and their address on file is a Canadian address. They also did not need to provide biometric. I hope this helps.

Reactions: hotsalsa

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hi,

Ircc used my parent’s medical that was provided during their supervisa 2 years ago. My parents have been in Canada for over a year now and their address on file is a Canadian address. They also did not need to provide biometric. I hope this helps.
Hey, thanks for your response. That’s good to know!
I’m also in the exact same situation. Parents have been in Canada since 2.5 years (on Super Visa + Visitor Record Extension). Case is being processed at Mississauga office based on our Canadian residence address too.

Reactions: mike87

ash_man

Nov 11, 2021
Hello all!

My Mom and my in-laws both received their biometric requests last week. Since they are here in Canada on a visitor's visa, we got their biometrics done at Service Canada. I can see their biometrics as being completed on the IRCC account as Service Canada said they will send the necessary paperwork directly to IRCC.

My in-laws also received a letter to get their medical exams done. We got those done right away (General, Bloodwork and Xrays)and the doctor has provided us with an e-Medical document. The doctors said everything will be available to IRCC through the e-Medical portal. However, I am wondering if we need to send anything from our end to IRCC, regarding the completion of our medical exam?

Thanks

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hello all!

My Mom and my in-laws both received their biometric requests last week. Since they are here in Canada on a visitor's visa, we got their biometrics done at Service Canada. I can see their biometrics as being completed on the IRCC account as Service Canada said they will send the necessary paperwork directly to IRCC.

My in-laws also received a letter to get their medical exams done. We got those done right away (General, Bloodwork and Xrays)and the doctor has provided us with an e-Medical document. The doctors said everything will be available to IRCC through the e-Medical portal. However, I am wondering if we need to send anything from our end to IRCC, regarding the completion of our medical exam?

Thanks
Yes you usually have to provide this e-document that the doctor provided you. It is essentially your “receipt” for getting the medicals done. You should be able to provide this to IRCC through uploading it on your GC key account (if you have linked your application) or through a web form.

Reactions: sbbrampton

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
Hello all!

Thanks
No, you don’t need to provide anything regarding medicals and biometrics to IRCC. Keep the e-medical and biometrics receipt for your reference. Service Canada electronically sends the biometrics and doctor will electronically upload the medical results. I went through this step.

nash_avatar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Brampton , Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo , USA
App. Filed.......
23 Nov 2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
19/12/2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
how can I check the list of documents I submitted?
I have the same question. I see that the linked application in submitted state. When I click on the application, it says " we are processing ..". There is another link on top "View submitted application or upload document". Clicking on it, there is nothing, just empty sections.

I assume that they will scan and upload, but it is too much work for them. My second guess is that it will be empty and any new documents which required by them, we can upload there. They will open up a tab and submission button there. No sure.

Reactions: love4immigration

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
Yes you usually have to provide this e-document that the doctor provided you. It is essentially your “receipt” for getting the medicals done. You should be able to provide this to IRCC through uploading it on your GC key account (if you have linked your application) or through a web form.
Hotsalsa, did you complete the medicals?? You suggested uploading the e document online and hence checking it with you.

Reactions: hotsalsa

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
Hello folks, out of curiosity I would like to know from fellow applicants if anyone else has such note about sub sections below in the letter received from IRCC requesting for PCC, Voter ID and Aadhar card for parents and sponsor?

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Parents and Grandparents program.
As per Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugees Protection Act (“the Act”), in order for you to receive p
ermanent residence an officer must be satisfied that both you and your applicable family members are not inadmissible and meet the requirements of the Act.
Furthermore, Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that: “A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.”
After a preliminary review of your application, the following has been deemed required:
Please provide the current residential address for yourself and your dependant family member (if applicable). You must report any changes to your address, telephone number(s) and email address immediately throughout the

processing of your application.

> Marriage Certificate / Licence: As proof of relationship to your spouse please provide the Aadhaar and Voter’s ID card for yourself and your spouse. NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship. This must be received at this office by: 2021/11/26.

> Police Certificates (Multiple): Please provide a copy of your original police certificate from India,
United Arab Emirates, and any other country where you have resided for a period of six months or longer since the age of 18. Instructions to obtain Police Certificates can be found on our website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp. This must be received at this office by: 2021/11/26.

What does it actually means, it kind of throws me off as if we have delayed in sending docs?
I got the same letter and provided the requested documents. You should provide the documents as soon as possible. If there is a delay then you should request for an extension of deadline by submitting a webform.
For parents if you submit an affidavit ( instead of marriage certificate) then you are asked for their voter ID and Adhaar card.
If the sponsor submits an affidavit instead of the birth certificate then the sponsor is asked for voter ID, Adhaar card, educational documents to provide a proof of the relationship with the parents.
This is for Indian applicants.

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
I got the same letter and provided the requested documents. You should provide the documents as soon as possible. If there is a delay then you should request for an extension of deadline by submitting a webform.
For parents if you submit an affidavit ( instead of marriage certificate) then you are asked for their voter ID and Adhaar card.
If the sponsor submits an affidavit instead of the birth certificate then the sponsor is asked for voter ID, Adhaar card, educational documents to provide a proof of the relationship with the parents.
This is for Indian applicants.
Thank you so much for clarifying @jadeja.
I had submitted my parents marriage certificate along with the application. Now I am submitting Voter ID, Aadhar card for both parents plus an affidavit for same name for my father as his middle name is missing on both my father and mother's Aadhar and Voter ID. Hope this type of affidavit is acceptable.
For myself, I have only submitted Aadhar and 10th class certificate. I do not have Voter ID. hope that will work.