+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
If its for the same company, you might have received the noa. Just mention the combined dates for 1 years total for 2018 and whatever is mentioned in NoA line 150 for that year.
What about the family size, are they asking for you, spouse, and kids, or they want us to include the parents we are about to sponsor? Also, I wanted to know if I need to fill the spouse or common law current situation, I have the income for the 3 years so she is not co signing, do I still have to say if she is employed or not? Thanks

Last edited:

slw

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-17
AOR Received.
30-01-17
Med's Done....
27-02-17
Passport Req..
18-04-17
LANDED..........
28-04-17
Hello!
I am sponsoring my mom only for now (financial circumstances only allowed me to sponsor one for one). We received an email for her and my dad to do medicals. But I haven't sponsored my dad yet, why does he also need to do medicals? Or is this an error?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello!
I am sponsoring my mom only for now (financial circumstances only allowed me to sponsor one for one). We received an email for her and my dad to do medicals. But I haven't sponsored my dad yet, why does he also need to do medicals? Or is this an error?
You can’t just sponsor one parent which is why he must do the medical as well. You must qualify to sponsor both unless they are divorced. It sounds like you don’t qualify to sponsor your parents.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello!
You don’t get to choose one parent over the other if your parents are married. You sponsor both and must meet LICO for the total number of people in your family. Your dad must do the medical or the application will not be processed.

Reactions: slw

santoshreddyc

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
Hello Friends,
Is there a specific CV format we need to follow as I don't see anything mentioned as such in the guide. Please advise.

love4immigration

Jan 26, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What about the family size, are they asking for you, spouse, and kids, or they want us to include the parents we are about to sponsor? Also, I wanted to know if I need to fill the spouse or common law current situation, I have the income for the 3 years so she is not co signing, do I still have to say if she is employed or not? Thanks
Add the person you are sponsoring too in the family size.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hello!
Sorry to say but you do not qualify to sponsor your parents. You cannot sponsor one member of the family and leave the other unless they are divorced.

They are dependent on each other and you have to qualify for all the dependants in the family whether you are sponsoring them or not.

Check the following links:

Dependent Term
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship/helpcentre/glossary.html#d

How do I calculate my family size to sponsor my parents and grandparents? Check example 1 on this page:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1460&top=14

And Medical Requirement for all Accompanying and non Accompanying dependant:
Medical exams
All of your family members need to pass a medical exam, even if they aren’t applying to come to Canada with you. Failure to declare and have family members examined will affect your application, and you will be unable to sponsor them in the future.

You are at the stage where you have to pay for medical exams for both and then receive a sponsorship refusal letter if you do not meet the minimum income requirement.

sagarsa

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
26-11-2014
IELTS Request
Second line update : 17th Jan 2015
File Transfer...
Started Processing : 14th Jan 2015
Med's Request
20th Jan 2015
Med's Done....
Feb Starting...
Passport Req..
13th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
26th March 2015
Hi All,

If one of the parents is deceased, do we just need to include a death certificate in that case? or do we need to include more documents?

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
Hi All,

If one of the parents is deceased, do we just need to include a death certificate in that case? or do we need to include more documents?
Death certificate will suffice in this case. Hopefully it happened before submitting the application, that way you don’t have to pay for two applicants

Vinniepuri

Jan 18, 2020
For the forms which say download, We can’t open any forms on my laptop as it says “upgrade to latest version”. Although I have latest version forms are not opening up
Any help ?