+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Anyone's parent(s) traveled direct from Delhi airport to Canada? My mom is 70+, she will be travelling alone. I am confused about the process to get COVID test from Genestrings Lab at Delhi airport within 18 hrs of flight departure. She resides in Delhi. Can she go to the airport a day before, get rapid PCR test, and return home? Where does she collect results from? A vlogger on YouTube said you have to collect report from inside the airport gate # 7, and you cannot go out once you are inside the airport. I was hoping my mom can get the test, return home, and go back to airport next day for her flight.

Anyone with first hand experience please advise asap. Thank you!!

console.warn

Nov 30, 2021
Looking for guidance. Got an email to send an original FBI clearance certificate for my mother. The email is from Delhi Commission but it did not mention the mailing address to which I need to send the FBI clearance certificate. Can anyone who has gone through this provide some pointers? Should I send it to the Delhi embassy address on google?

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Hi everyone, has anyone travelled from Delhi to Toronto via Dubai recently ? Do we need dubai visa for the layover and covid testing protocol ?

Anyone with experience please share

desi_munda

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
Anyone's parent(s) traveled direct from Delhi airport to Canada? My mom is 70+, she will be travelling alone. I am confused about the process to get COVID test from Genestrings Lab at Delhi airport within 18 hrs of flight departure. She resides in Delhi. Can she go to the airport a day before, get rapid PCR test, and return home? Where does she collect results from? A vlogger on YouTube said you have to collect report from inside the airport gate # 7, and you cannot go out once you are inside the airport. I was hoping my mom can get the test, return home, and go back to airport next day for her flight.

Anyone with first hand experience please advise asap. Thank you!!
My dad recently took a direct flight from Delhi to Toronto. Yes, she can do it 18 hours before departure and go back home. Another option is to pay a little bit more and get the fast PCR test and they give the result within an hour. This way you don't need to go back and forth. Genestrings Lab offers 2 PCR tests - fast one within an hour or regular one within 6-8 hours. Third option would be to go to the airport about 10 hours before departure and get the regular one and stay there.

Reactions: chaalubaba

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
My dad recently took a direct flight from Delhi to Toronto. Yes, she can do it 18 hours before departure and go back home. Another option is to pay a little bit more and get the fast PCR test and they give the result within an hour. This way you don't need to go back and forth. Genestrings Lab offers 2 PCR tests - fast one within an hour or regular one within 6-8 hours. Third option would be to go to the airport about 10 hours before departure and get the regular one and stay there.
Are the results of the test delivered digitally by email? Or does she have to wait at the airport after the test to receive a paper copy of the results? She does not have email, if I get it on email, I can send it to her by WhatsApp and she can have it printed locally.

I am thinking on the lines that I will have her go for the rapid PCR test for Rs. 4000 exactly 18 hrs before departure, then she can return home, get some rest and return to the airport next day for her flight.

Thanks.

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Are the results of the test delivered digitally by email? Or does she have to wait at the airport after the test to receive a paper copy of the results? She does not have email, if I get it on email, I can send it to her by WhatsApp and she can have it printed locally.

I am thinking on the lines that I will have her go for the rapid PCR test for Rs. 4000 exactly 18 hrs before departure, then she can return home, get some rest and return to the airport next day for her flight.

Thanks.
where did you find budget friendly tickets ? The prices are exorbitant

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
where did you find budget friendly tickets ? The prices are exorbitant at the moment for next month and a half

desi_munda

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
where did you find budget friendly tickets ? The prices are exorbitant at the moment for next month and a half
We booked directly on Air Canada website and yes they were a bit more expensive than indirect flight but logistically it was much easier as you don't need to do a PCR test in another country and that country might have their own quarantine requirements.

desi_munda

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021

Thanks.
Yes, you need to book it online and they send the result to the same email. I did the same - I got it on my email and sent it to his WhatsApp. On request they can print a paper copy of the test result for you as well.

Reactions: chaalubaba and kulb

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
We booked directly on Air Canada website and yes they were a bit more expensive than indirect flight but logistically it was much easier as you don't need to do a PCR test in another country and that country might have their own quarantine requirements.
I agree, yes I am looking into direct flights now - hopefully find something on a good price. Thanks

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
where did you find budget friendly tickets ? The prices are exorbitant
I will be booking direct non-stop flight from Air Canada's website. Yes the price is super expensive but for seniors such as my mom traveling alone in this crazy COVID time with different testing requirements, non-stop direct flight is the best option.

Reactions: chaalubaba

Chocolaye

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
I'm in a similar situation as you (I didn't work part of the year). I applied for CSQ on Nov 1 and haven't heard anything back yet. 2021 income doesn't make any sense. Perhaps they need previous years? I don't think they should consider your mat leave income. The letter from your employer should state your regular income and income earned until now this year. That should suffice. Keep us updated when you hear back from them.
i know right. I've no idea what's going on. will call tomorrow and hope they will have an answer for me.
you have to wait for 5 weeks ish to get an update. i applied on Oct 13 and got an answer on Nov 19.