+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If one of the applicant is inadmissible due to medical reason, does the other person’s file gets denied too??
I think if an applicant is inadmissible then the file might be denied for applicant and their spouse. If the application is approved for one person, they can sponsor the spouse (since there is no inadmissibility based on medical grounds for spousal sponsorship). This is the reason, even if the spouse is not accompanying they still ask for medical exam for both.

VJ1234

Apr 8, 2017
Hello Friends, I got a request to submit the PCC for my mother and I just applied for it in Bls India office. Considering it may take 4-6 weeks to get the PCC but I have been given only 30days for it to submit, can I ask for extension of this date to submit the PCC. Also, they have asked for my birth certificate and I don't have it and also I don't have voter id. I have aadhar card and my 10th marks sheet but it contains only my father's name. Can anyone please suggest what other supporting documents I can submit to prove the relationship

desi_munda

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
Hello Friends, I got a request to submit the PCC for my mother and I just applied for it in Bls India office. Considering it may take 4-6 weeks to get the PCC but I have been given only 30days for it to submit, can I ask for extension of this date to submit the PCC. Also, they have asked for my birth certificate and I don't have it and also I don't have voter id. I have aadhar card and my 10th marks sheet but it contains only my father's name. Can anyone please suggest what other supporting documents I can submit to prove the relationship
You could submit a webform explaining the situation. Usually, they are quite accommodating and grant an extension.

topgun94

Jul 14, 2018
June 10th 2019 applicant.
CPC-M.
Parents in india.
Re-medical July 9th.
Additional documents (aadhar, voter card, school certificate) on August 24th.
Pre-arrival services letter - Oct 23rd
Decision made - Today - December 2nd
Waiting for PPR

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
@laxsun @robertp @Verooney
Finally my PR Application status changed to DM but No PPR yet!
Wow congratulations!! I am very happy for you! You'll get the PPR email in a day or so. My parents are also landing today! Finally this journey is about to end.

If you didn't get medical extension, more than likely they will have up to Jan 31 to land, so you might want to start preparing for it.

Reactions: Roya-FSW

gen_z

May 23, 2018
My understanding is that MIDI mails CSQ to the sponsor and sends a copy to IRCC. IRCC also requested PA (my dad) to email them CSQ copy. I don't think it's needed for landing.
Great, thanks so much @desi_munda. I've called IRCC yesterday, they said that the immigration officer at the border can request any of the documents they have submitted along with the application for landing, but it's really up to the discretion of the officer. But it seems that nobody has been asked for that from the several ppl who have replied in the forum.

Thanks so much again

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
@reezam drop me a dm. I recently booked tickets and the prices are reasonable. I might be able to help (delhi - toronto).
hi, thanks for the offer, I booked my tickets yesterday and fortunately had something not too pricey. When are your parents coming ? Mine are coming next week and I needed to know the testing procedure at IGI airport - they are originally from Punjab, how early do they have to be at the airport

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Hi, Anyone recently travelled from Delhi To Toronto (Delhi - Montreal - Toronto) ? Can you please share your experience on
1. Covid test procedure
2. How early do we have to be at the airport ?
3. Experience with Arrive CAN app
and any valuable tips / inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

salviDec2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Does any one know where to register for Arrival COVID testing at Pearson at the time of landing?
(if register at the airport, the lineup is very long i have heard so its advisable to book it online in advance. Just looking for the link)

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Does any one know where to register for Arrival COVID testing at Pearson at the time of landing?
(if register at the airport, the lineup is very long i have heard so its advisable to book it online in advance. Just looking for the link)
Sorry, cannot help you with what you looking for, but just a quick question - do we need a covid test done after landing ? Is it mandatory ? My parents are travelling from Delhi - Montreal - Toronto

VJ1234

Apr 8, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I received an email asking for the below documents to prove the relationship between sponsor and principal applicant.

Proof of Relationship: As proof of relationship to the principal applicant, please provide your voter
ID card, Aadhaar card and old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate).
NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship. This must be received at this office by:
2021/12/30.

My question is , I have Aadhar card ( Mother's name is mentioned) and Matriculation/secondary school certificate ( Only Father's name is mentioned) but I don't have a Voter ID card ( never had it) ... so do I need to submit all the three documents or can I submit only the two that I have? Has anyone had similar situation?

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Hi, anyone recently travelled from Delhi to Toronto via Montreal - Air Canada.

If yes can you please share your experience. It is for PR landing as well. Do your immigration formalities happen at Montreal Airport or Toronto? Also is there any testing needed upon arrival - if yes, would that be in Montreal or Toronto