1/March/2010 received 26/March/2010
Med's Done....
17April/2010. Additional documents sent 28/April
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5/May/2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec. 10, 2010. Received January 11, 2011.
LANDED..........
March 10, 2011
Hi everyone
My mom is in Canada with supervisa. The last time she went back home right before Covid shutdown she got her police certificates. Those are expired now. Is it ok if I send them, since she hasn’t been back ever since nothing would have change. Any sugggestions?
Thanks

vinay909

Sep 15, 2020
hello i have couple of questions hope to get advice.

1. I am confused I wanted to know can i create the portal under my name and submit the forms for my mother for her sponsorship with the sponsor form or I have to create the portal under her name. I have created portal under her name.

2. If above is OK. I have filled the form for the use representative for my mother and uploaded all the forms and documents. Last electronic signature, is it alright if i sign it for my mother. my mother does not know how to use the computer and even if though it is simple I dont think my mother can ask for help from someone to help her. Hoping to get advice from people who have submitted.

desi_munda

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
Hi, anyone's parents recently travelled from India to Canada via a 3rd country ? If yes, can you please share your experience, also do we need a covid test done form the layover country as well ?
You would not need one from India but only from the last country to enter Canada from (which would be the layover country). Each layover country has their own set to rules and they might require a test from India or be able to do PCR test on the spot. You would need to find out this information and plan the layover time accordingly.

Reactions: reezam

desi_munda

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
Hi everyone,

I am finally seeing traction on my June 2019 application! Got the biometrics and medical assessment on the same day. Parents are in Delhi, India and will have no problem getting Medicals done, but there are no available appointments for biometrics at all - is there any suggestion? how are other people managing this?

Thank you so much!
Yes, that is an issue. They do open up a handful of spots at certain times during the day and they fill up quickly. I was able to get an appointment in 3 months by checking and refreshing often. Also, let the IRCC know via webform if you are going to miss the deadline for Biometrics. In my case, they were very understanding and granted an extension.

Reactions: amax

chaalubaba

Apr 30, 2019
Please correct me if this wrong place to post but I need some help with bring my parents here from India, while I wait to get their visa stamped in India.
1. Can they come to USA first, do their PCR test at my cousin's place and then get flight from USA to Toronto
2. Can I drive to USA and bring them via road, given that we do their PCR test under 72 hrs and I don't stay more than 72 hrs in USA
(USA does not have same rule as Canada to have PCR test from last flown airport, so bring to them to USA is much easier and economical in comparison, which is the reason I am asking this questions.)
3. Mostly the validity of immigration visa will be for 8 to 10 months, if I decide to wait until summer and if they close the travel again, would CIC will issue new Visa with new valid entry date?

Thank you in advance

Uzzi

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Apply for extension (visitor record) . that will allow you to stay in canada even if visa expires. but you cannot travel on that document. if you go back home, then need a new visa again. Also note, that you cant get super visa from inside canada (but you can get the visitor record to let you continue to stay)
Thanks for responding.

- The thing is super visa is expiring in Dec 2022;
- Last time my mother entered canada on super visa, the officer put a exit stamp on her passport 12 Jan 2022 (2 year stay)
- Now we will apply for visitor record for her to stay in canada. Do you know the link for the visitor record application online or paper?
- If she leaves canada right now she will enter canada because her super visa expires Dec 2022. But with covid rising I dont want her to travel.
- Hoping her Parent sponsorship is approved. (June 2019 LVO applicant).

Rippy1

Aug 14, 2019
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @serious_cheese
Please update tracker
Rippy1

Re-Medical July 29, 2021
Medical Passed August 31, 2021
Additional Documents Requested September 28, 2021 (PCC, New Passport with more than 6 months validity, proof of relationships, national identities)
Medical Surveillance Letter: November 25, 2021
Pre-Arrival Letter: November 26, 2021
Decision Made on ECAS: November 26, 2021
Passport Request: November 29, 2021

Reactions: serious_cheese

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Thanks for responding.

- The thing is super visa is expiring in Dec 2022;
- Last time my mother entered canada on super visa, the officer put a exit stamp on her passport 12 Jan 2022 (2 year stay)
- Now we will apply for visitor record for her to stay in canada. Do you know the link for the visitor record application online or paper?
- If she leaves canada right now she will enter canada because her super visa expires Dec 2022. But with covid rising I dont want her to travel.
- Hoping her Parent sponsorship is approved. (June 2019 LVO applicant).
How to apply to extend your stay as a visitor in Canada (visitor record) - Canada.ca

new101user

Apr 25, 2019
Hi, I'm hoping someone can advise me. I am sponsoring my parents and my brother since 2019. I recently received an email asking for an updated background declaration form. At the beginning, my brother entered as student as he was attending university. However, he took some time off from study and the pandemic here and he hasn't been back to school and he is not working. He hasn't been to school since late 2019. I am wondering if he should be entering student or unemployed under employment? Any advice is much appreciated. THANKS

Chocolaye

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Im curently on mat leave and I’m sponsoring my dad, mom and brother from QC. I sent all the documents (financial for 2020) and an employment letter stating i will resume work in 12 months to immigration QC. But i received a letter « intention of refusal » where they said i didn’t submit all the required documents and ask to resubmit all the financial documents but for 2021. Like they are asking for the 2021 T4, notice of assessment and all the documents in the checklist. How am i suppose to provide a 2021 T4 we still on November? Also, will they consider my revenue during the Maternity leave or just the normal income?
Has anyone experience something similar?
I have already called them but the agent said i have to wait a week to get an answer
Thanks for the help, I’m freaking out

Chocolaye

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Hi, I'm hoping someone can advise me. I am sponsoring my parents and my brother since 2019. I recently received an email asking for an updated background declaration form. At the beginning, my brother entered as student as he was attending university. However, he took some time off from study and the pandemic here and he hasn't been back to school and he is not working. He hasn't been to school since late 2019. I am wondering if he should be entering student or unemployed under employment? Any advice is much appreciated. THANKS
Both are ok as long as your brother has a valid status like a valid working or study permit or a VR or an under review application

gen_z

May 23, 2018
Hi, are there any applicants from Quebec?

Does anyone know if we need to mail CSQ to our parents, would they need to present this to the immigration officer upon arrival?

Many thanks!

bluebird0479

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Im curently on mat leave and I’m sponsoring my dad, mom and brother from QC. I sent all the documents (financial for 2020) and an employment letter stating i will resume work in 12 months to immigration QC. But i received a letter « intention of refusal » where they said i didn’t submit all the required documents and ask to resubmit all the financial documents but for 2021. Like they are asking for the 2021 T4, notice of assessment and all the documents in the checklist. How am i suppose to provide a 2021 T4 we still on November? Also, will they consider my revenue during the Maternity leave or just the normal income?
Has anyone experience something similar?
I have already called them but the agent said i have to wait a week to get an answer
Thanks for the help, I’m freaking out
You have to submit last 3 years of your income statements, excluding 2021.

ritz.edm

Feb 23, 2017
Hi, how long does it take currently to get ecopr after updating address and photo on IRCC PR confirmation portal ? We updated address and photo on November 17 and still waiting for address approval .