+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Confused in Montreal

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
If you resubmit IMM1344 everything should be OK. Just do what they have asked to do without worries.
Hi Iaxsun

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering that I have to submit the request for CSQ and they have not initiated anything and sent me the request for medicals. I am on the borderline of getting accepted/rejected as a sponsor due to changes happening to my profile in previous years, so that makes me worried, not for the money but for missing the lottery next year as I have an application already in the system.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi Iaxsun

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering that I have to submit the request for CSQ and they have not initiated anything and sent me the request for medicals. I am on the borderline of getting accepted/rejected as a sponsor due to changes happening to my profile in previous years, so that makes me worried, not for the money but for missing the lottery next year as I have an application already in the system.

Thoughts?
If they have not asked for specific years, you can resubmit for 2016, 17 and 18. Even if they have asked, you don't have to include 2021. Try to do one by one. If you think ambitiously too many things, you will stress yourself.

Confused in Montreal

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
If they have not asked for specific years, you can resubmit for 2016, 17 and 18. Even if they have asked, you don't have to include 2021. Try to do one by one. If you think ambitiously too many things, you will stress yourself.
You are probably right, let them take their course of action. I can't check off all the boxes. With their months of hibernation and suddenly coming to life and asking docs that should be too advanced in the process caught me by surprise. Not that I am complaining, but don't want to have my hopes high and then quashed. Has happened to me before with Quebec in the picture, had to return to Quebec and am having this Deja Vu feeling.

Confused in Montreal

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Hello @laxsun,

Medical Done today. Do I need to provide the IME receipts to CIC?

Thank you!
Don't have to, but ask the doc office for submission receipt after they have transmitted the file to IRCC (generally 10 working days after medicals). Your IME currently should say "required", once submitted, it should say submitted. It's just for your records. The location I went to offered to give me the blood reports for $30 charge each but not the doctor's notes as they are confidential. They advised that it is useless to get the blood reports as they only test for things mentioned on your IME, which you already know the result of. The submission receipt is something IRCC recommends getting even on the request for medical examination letter. With high volumes of correspondences, I will get that receipt. Its free from the doctor's office, at least at mine's.

Hope it helps.

Reactions: SN226655

OlyaMK

Apr 3, 2018
My grandparents got Passport request on July 12, but as soon as they are in Canada, we just wait for invitation to virtual landing portal. 3 months has passed and we are still waiting, got just generic answers, phone calls are useless. Medicals will expire in a month. Can anybody recommend what to do?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
My grandparents got Passport request on July 12, but as soon as they are in Canada, we just wait for invitation to virtual landing portal. 3 months has passed and we are still waiting, got just generic answers, phone calls are useless. Medicals will expire in a month. Can anybody recommend what to do?
Can you speak with your MP on this?

meena84

Jan 1, 2015
Hi All, my parents got the COPR and PPR stamped. Any idea if is it necessary for both of them to travel together? my mom was the primary applicant and dad her dependant. On the COPR there is section for dependants, their primary/dependant names mentioned on each of their COPR.

neha17

Star Member
May 14, 2019
our visa processing centre is new delhi
I had sponsered my mom and my (differently abled)brother as her dependant.
They had their medical in sep 2020
received biometrics letter, but my brother passed away a week ago :(
Should I directly email the immigration office asking them to update the information?
Sorry for your loss Tasneem. When my dad had passed away in 2019 right after receiving invitation, I had emailed ircc letting them know that this had happened and that only my mom would be the applicant. Plus I had called them months later just to confirm if they had received the email with this info.

amesh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
***PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR PACKAGE TO THE CONSULATE***
2. To submit your package in Canada:
If you are residing in Canada and if all the accompanying dependents on your application are
currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you must inform the
Case Processing Centre – Ottawa via IRCC webform at:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

you can see this line and link in your ppr letter. you click that link send a web form to local ircc office.when you click click the limk after chose sponspr ship

you(your parents) can ask your visa office through web form

you(your parents) can talk to custamer services ircc in canada they can help you

talk to your mp