+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Greghmc

Sep 13, 2020
Hi
I am June 10, 2019 applicant. We are in the same boat. VO is Mexico. I have not heard from them ever since my application was sent to them. My mom got Medical request but for SuperVisa extension. Mexico has not yet requested any documents at all. As in nada , as in they don’t exist. It is very frustrating at this point. But patience is our best friend for now. Not much we can do.
Hoping for the best.
Thank you so very much for sharing. I know we are all waiting, but brings me comfort knowing there is someone else in the same situation (date, office & stage/ no medicals yet)

On another note, I have heard some news from Mexico... It seems like they are processing applications at a slower pace than before with the unrest that is taking place in the country. Let's hope they see some peace and the office is able to handle applications again.

Wishing you well & luck.

Greghmc

Sep 13, 2020
We are June 19th and only received a biomedical request on August 25, 2021. They had to travel to get the bio by air and had to quarantine and everything. We were hoping to get the medical request so they wouldn’t have to travel again. I sent a web form to see if there was anything they could do but they responded that they are only dealing with the Afghanistan situation. I’m super annoyed because it was so expensive to send them with such strict quarantine requirements. Now they need to get permission from their mayor to return and they all need PCR testing too. It’s going to cost so much money to do these requirements twice. Luckily they were able to get their COVID vaccines.
Thank you some sharing your story. This is frustrating indeed.. we are already anxious about having our senior parents in another country (in my case, a country that did not deal with COVID as well as Canada) and added to this is coordinating biometrics/ medicals. At least the biometrics are valid for a few years. Happy to hear your parents got their vaccines.

cadimm

Feb 4, 2021
hello admins,

i have a fully completed case, including landing. want to add info to tracker. can someone guide me how to enter details to 2019 tracker?

Greghmc

Sep 13, 2020
We are with you, I think the whole purpose of this forum thread is to feel a sense of companionship in what is a long, complicated and irregular journey.

As you might have seen, once the application moves out to the Visa office after it passes the sponsorship process, its treated completely on the timeline of the visa office. It doesnt matter if its received in April, May or June. So keep looking for folks in Mexico office and see how applications are moving in that office.

Now across offices, I see there is some movement as our batch of applications are well past the standard time, so I hope once they get hold of the application they will clear the files soon.
Thank you so much for your reply and thoughtfulness.

That is exactly true, with COVID, not being able to see my parents for a really long time, I think this thread really helps me keep it together.

Thank you for the tip, I will focus on Mexico office's timelines.

Let's hope we see a productive couple of months for 2019 applicants, it is about time.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
I have not been able to link my application in my cic. I have tried every combination so I gave up on that. I rely on ecas which is not the best in terms of updating info. It's still showing when they had sent second medical request and that's it.
Medical pass date will appear in ecas as "Medical received on XXXXX"

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
hello admins,

i have a fully completed case, including landing. want to add info to tracker. can someone guide me how to enter details to 2019 tracker?
Please tag @robertp @laxsun @serious_cheese to add / update your info in tracker

Line # in tracker:if applicable
Sponsored People:
Parents Country of Citizenship:
Sponsor Province:
Invitations Receive Date:
Application received in Ottawa Date:
AoR Received (DATE):
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
Appl. receivedIn ProcessDecision made
Date:Date:Date:
Ecas Status for permanent resident Application:
Appl. receivedIn ProcessDecision made
Date:Date:Date:
Local Visa Office Name:
Biometric request :
MyCIC update:
IME (Medical )
IME RequestIME Passed
Date:Date:
PCC request:
Additional document / travel history request date :
PR decision made date :
PPR date :
Comment / additional information :

PGP-2019 : Timeline

toronto213

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
My parents bio metrics was done in 2018, when they applied for their visitors visa, so it's still valid till 2027.
My case is also same as you, but Cic took the biometric payment for my PGP application. Did you also pay biometric fee even your parents already did in 2018.

SAMHR

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015

TASNEEM3000

May 9, 2019
our visa processing centre is new delhi
I had sponsered my mom and my (differently abled)brother as her dependant.
They had their medical in sep 2020
received biometrics letter, but my brother passed away a week ago :(
Should I directly email the immigration office asking them to update the information?