+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hey guys, quick question, I am waiting for my moms passport call rest all things done. We redid the medicals in July this year as it got expired last year. So it's only passport call left I am guessing. I booked my moms flight for Nov first week , she has multiple entry Visa. So do I need to do any formality in terms of her coming on visitors visa? I know the health regulations part. I need to know when she comes here I should inform ircc of her being here? What else I need to do? She lives in delhi so what if she gets a passport request while she's here, can she send it to Ottawa instead for stamping? Does she need pcc or anything to re-enter? She last visited me in 2018 for the first time. Thank you in advance.
Did you see medical pass for second time for your mom in MyCIC? The date is not updated in the tracker.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
So I need advice here. We got passport request in June, and we informed the visa office that parent is already in Canada to get virtual landing. We have been waiting since to get virtual landing. Parent's visa will expire soon. We contacted visa office asking what to do, and they replied and told us to contact IRCC Domestic Network. We contacted domestic network, and they send an automated reply saying they are only focusing on case from Afghanistan. Now, I am confused what will happen if she leaves Canada or if she stays, will they extend her visa again.

I know there were a few others in similar situation, I am not sure if they got their Virtual landing.

Thanks,
So there must be a link in PPR letter to do when your parents are already in Canada as per @amesh
Try to go through the instructions of PPR letter in detail.

Husazi01

Sep 3, 2016
So there must be a link in PPR letter to do when your parents are already in Canada as per @amesh
Try to go through the instructions of PPR letter in detail.
No there is link to take an appointment to send the passport to visa office. The letter simply instructs to inform the visa office if the parent is already in Canada. I informed the visa office the next day and I got a confirmation that they received. When I wrote back they said the application is sent Canada for processing.

amesh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
No there is link to take an appointment to send the passport to visa office. The letter simply instructs to inform the visa office if the parent is already in Canada. I informed the visa office the next day and I got a confirmation that they received. When I wrote back they said the application is sent Canada for processing.
***PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR PACKAGE TO THE CONSULATE***
2. To submit your package in Canada:
If you are residing in Canada and if all the accompanying dependents on your application are
currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you must inform the
Case Processing Centre – Ottawa via IRCC webform at:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
***PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR PACKAGE TO THE CONSULATE***
2. To submit your package in Canada:
If you are residing in Canada and if all the accompanying dependents on your application are
currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you must inform the
Case Processing Centre – Ottawa via IRCC webform at:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
@Husazi01 this appears to be IRCC Webform. Send the request with appropriate selection and clear details.
They normally respond within five business days.
If you cannot get response in few weeks better speak with your MP about the problem.

Husazi01

Sep 3, 2016
@Husazi01 this appears to be IRCC Webform. Send the request with appropriate selection and clear details.
They normally respond within five business days.
If you cannot get response in few weeks better speak with your MP about the problem.
Thanks but I have already tried contacting through this link and I got the generic Afghanistan reply.

Reactions: OlyaMK

myahya

Jan 4, 2018
Ontario
Folks, I just received a Medical test request for my mom.

Question, Medical tests were recently done last month (September) for my mother to extend her stay in Canada. Can IRCC not have used the same results ?

is there a way, email or something to communicate with them to use the recent medical results ?

Reactions: serious_cheese

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
Anyone has experience travelling with a new passport after getting the entry visa stamped in the old one? Would it be a problem if the visa is in an expired passport when we land?

neha17

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Did you see medical pass for second time for your mom in MyCIC? The date is not updated in the tracker.
I have not been able to link my application in my cic. I have tried every combination so I gave up on that. I rely on ecas which is not the best in terms of updating info. It's still showing when they had sent second medical request and that's it.

Chocolaye

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
I had same situation. I made a basic resume and mentioned her personal details like address, email, etc and her education background and as for work I wrote that she's been a housewife. That's it nothing else to mention. They didn't say to redo or anything.
Thank you

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
Anyone has experience travelling with a new passport after getting the entry visa stamped in the old one? Would it be a problem if the visa is in an expired passport when we land?
I think that is a problem. See the following paragraph from PPR email “Your Permanent Resident document(s) will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations or earlier if your passport or the passports of your spouse or dependent children (if applicable) expire on an earlier date.”

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
Hello Experts,

I have a question - I have sponsored my father(Applicant) and brother(dependent) under PGP 2019. File is currently under process at NDVO.

Below is my timeline:

AOR: 19 Sep 2019
SA: 10 Oct 2019
PCC: 14 Nov 2019
IME: 14 Nov 2019
Pre-Arrival Letter: 24 Jun 2020
2nd IME: 8 Feb 2021

Applicant DM and Passport request can come anytime now.

I am the sponsor and my wife is co-signer. My daughter was recently born. Do I need to inform IRCC about it? Someone told me that its not required as Sponsorship Approval was already completed back in 2019 only.

Can someone advise what I should do?

Thanks,
I think you have to. Any changes to the family composition prior to completion of the application process has to be reported. Please verify with IRCC