+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Slavka

Mar 21, 2021
Hi Guys,

My parents received COPR. They are currently outside of Canada and planning to arrive in April for Landing. Does somebody know what is the process of Landing in Covid19 reality?

Appreciate your help!

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @serious_cheese hi. could you please help advise? thanks.
<prominjj said:
hi folks, for parents landing, when they enter the border through airport, they will enter through immigration window right? and if my parents' living address will be in BC instead of the address I had left when I applied was MB( I am going to move to BC as well). is it ok to change it during landing process with officer? just to make sure the PR card can be mailed to us directly. looking for some advice. thanks.>

Should be no problem in registering new address when they land in the port of entry.

Reactions: prominjj

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi Guys,

My parents received COPR. They are currently outside of Canada and planning to arrive in April for Landing. Does somebody know what is the process of Landing in Covid19 reality?

Appreciate your help!
Go through the papers that came with COPR.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
<prominjj said:
hi folks, for parents landing, when they enter the border through airport, they will enter through immigration window right? and if my parents' living address will be in BC instead of the address I had left when I applied was MB( I am going to move to BC as well). is it ok to change it during landing process with officer? just to make sure the PR card can be mailed to us directly. looking for some advice. thanks.>

Should be no problem in registering new address when they land in the port of entry.
@prominjj You can give new BC address for PR card on arrival. No issue.
OR
you can keep same old address during landing and change it online through ecas after landing. Your PR card will sent to new updated address.

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
Called IRCC and asked if they expect those files to be completed this year the same answer we don't know. I mean there needs to be some accountability nothing against any country or nationality how files from Hong Kong get priority processing and this matter not. Who are the people working on those files? As those people may be able to work on PGP files as well only if government gives a deadline. How to make this government hear things? I put a comment on Jagmeet Singh's Twitter as he keep claiming he can do better things than Trudeau then he should be able to ask Trudeau this question and get some answers. I advise everyone the ones waiting to ask this question to him on Twitter
I am loosing hope in this processing too.

dm31810

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Called IRCC and asked if they expect those files to be completed this year the same answer we don't know. I mean there needs to be some accountability nothing against any country or nationality how files from Hong Kong get priority processing and this matter not. Who are the people working on those files? As those people may be able to work on PGP files as well only if government gives a deadline. How to make this government hear things? I put a comment on Jagmeet Singh's Twitter as he keep claiming he can do better things than Trudeau then he should be able to ask Trudeau this question and get some answers. I advise everyone the ones waiting to ask this question to him on Twitter
Absolutely in same situation. Nothing seem working. I have tried writing to all including Jagmeet Singh but that didnt made even a small impact or atleast a reply from him (that was expected). These politicians are available for bigger things it seems and not for individual grievances. Hope we get update soon and processing starts.

c_cherry

Feb 6, 2015
@YULIA-2016
Hi guys
I submitted the application for parents on June 21.
In Nov 19, 2020, I received sponsorship acceptance letter.
On Dec 12 biometric request letter was received which was submitted on feb 9

Today while reading through sponsorship acceptance letter (i guess generic format), i noticed that on page 2, they have mentioned to submit following for sponsored family asap.
  • Cv/Resume
  • Travel History
  • PCC
  • etc
Since there is no time limit mentioned for this submission, is it more like suggestion of early submission to avoid delays??

Question 1:
I am in somewhat panic mode right now as part of me is afraid that I missed sending them these and would negatively affect the file. tried calling CIC few times but they are busy to take call. Since it didn't came as an official request (like biometric), should I worry about them. or should I prepare and send them now that i realized.

Question 2:
I am applying for PCC for my parents in India.
Do I also need to apply in Canada as my mom was here for more than 1 year?

Question 3:
what is fastest way to send these documents?

Last edited: