+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bijoykothari

Nov 17, 2015
@YULIA-2016
Hi guys
I submitted the application for parents on June 21.
In Nov 19, 2020, I received sponsorship acceptance letter.
On Dec 12 biometric request letter was received which was submitted on feb 9

Today while reading through sponsorship acceptance letter (i guess generic format), i noticed that on page 2, they have mentioned to submit following for sponsored family asap.
  • Cv/Resume
  • Travel History
  • PCC
  • etc
Since there is no time limit mentioned for this submission, is it more like suggestion of early submission to avoid delays??

Question 1:
I am in somewhat panic mode right now as part of me is afraid that I missed sending them these and would negatively affect the file. tried calling CIC few times but they are busy to take call. Since it didn't came as an official request (like biometric), should I worry about them. or should I prepare and send them now that i realized.

Question 2:
I am applying for PCC for my parents in India. Do I also need to apply in Canada as my mom was here for more than 1 year?

Question 3:
what is fastest way to send these documents?
Question 1:
I am in somewhat panic mode right now as part of me is afraid that I missed sending them these and would negatively affect the file. tried calling CIC few times but they are busy to take call. Since it didn't came as an official request (like biometric), should I worry about them. or should I prepare and send them now that i realized.

Yes, you should send them as quickly as you can. There might not be a time limit, but you application will not move forward without it. Since you're 21st June applicant, it is unlikely to cause a major delay in your processing time since the delay during covid will be the likely bigger delay.

Question 2:
I am applying for PCC for my parents in India. Do I also need to apply in Canada as my mom was here for more than 1 year?

Ideally Yes. Every country in which she/they have spent over 6 months.

Question 3:

Email. The email to your CPC/LVO will be included at the end of that request letter. I would also raise a case specific enquiry and attach those documents just in case.

harshad patel

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Toronto
Category........
I just checked updated from 'Processing' to "Decision Made". Please update my time line.

But there is no email or nothing requested from CIC.

My mother just traveling tomorrow India and i dont know now how works? If anyone knows please let me know.

Thank you in advance

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
I just checked updated from 'Processing' to "Decision Made". Please update my time line.

But there is no email or nothing requested from CIC.

My mother just traveling tomorrow India and i dont know now how works? If anyone knows please let me know.

Thank you in advance
Wait for PPR. They don't send email after DM2.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
@YULIA-2016
Hi guys
I submitted the application for parents on June 21.
In Nov 19, 2020, I received sponsorship acceptance letter.
On Dec 12 biometric request letter was received which was submitted on feb 9

Today while reading through sponsorship acceptance letter (i guess generic format), i noticed that on page 2, they have mentioned to submit following for sponsored family asap.
  • Cv/Resume
  • Travel History
  • PCC
  • etc
Since there is no time limit mentioned for this submission, is it more like suggestion of early submission to avoid delays??

Question 1:

Question 2:
I am applying for PCC for my parents in India.
Do I also need to apply in Canada as my mom was here for more than 1 year?

Question 3:
Question 1:
I am in somewhat panic mode right now as part of me is afraid that I missed sending them these and would negatively affect the file. tried calling CIC few times but they are busy to take call. Since it didn't came as an official request (like biometric), should I worry about them. or should I prepare and send them now that i realized.: let them inform via Webform that you missed sending .

Question 2:
I am applying for PCC for my parents in India. Yes ( 2-3 week timeline)
Do I also need to apply in Canada as my mom was here for more than 1 year? No

Question 3:
what is fastest way to send these documents? send via webform / Email Scanned copy.

Reactions: serious_cheese

Nuevo

Dec 12, 2020
Hi
anybody ever got their COPR extended? If so, what is the process and any potential problems by requesting an extension? My in laws immigrant visa is expiring April 20 and I wanted to get it delayed by a few weeks because of health reasons

prominjj

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
<prominjj said:
hi folks, for parents landing, when they enter the border through airport, they will enter through immigration window right? and if my parents' living address will be in BC instead of the address I had left when I applied was MB( I am going to move to BC as well). is it ok to change it during landing process with officer? just to make sure the PR card can be mailed to us directly. looking for some advice. thanks.>

Should be no problem in registering new address when they land in the port of entry.
thanks for the reply.

RSridhar

Sep 9, 2010
Hello All,
A PGP2019 application was received/updated online June 25, 2019, and it's still sitting in "In Process" status. No further updates. Is there a recommendation this group will make to seek greater clarity on status?

misterbmw

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Didnt know there are fake ghost updates too lol.
I had my first ghost update from London VO last November, guess what? Still waiting for Medical or additional documents request. Ordered GCMS notes today, maybe it will provide more info, cause web form is useless, everyone gets same reply. It’s been 14 months since our case went in process, at this point I just want to know the outcome .

Zsoni

Jun 21, 2020
Hello All,
Our application dated 5th jun,2019 is still showing in process after medical and biometrics done in Dec, 2019. Any body got PR till then please update.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Hi
anybody ever got their COPR extended? If so, what is the process and any potential problems by requesting an extension? My in laws immigrant visa is expiring April 20 and I wanted to get it delayed by a few weeks because of health reasons
You can ask for extension but the problem is in extension that IRCC may ask for redo medical for your inlaws. And moreover not sure when IRCC will respond. You shouldn't ask extension on health reasons, you can mention the reason - covid-19 only, if you wish to request.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC &amp; RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM &amp; PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP &amp; COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Hello All,
Our application dated 5th jun,2019 is still showing in process after medical and biometrics done in Dec, 2019. Any body got PR till then please update.
Same application date and same status.