AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015

kotha20

Mar 20, 2021
vancouver
Passport Req..
Nov 2 2020
You have mentioned that your parents are traveling back to India on Mar 22nd, If that's correct do not send their passports to Ottawa. Just go with the plans you have and use the same letter to send passports to NDVO once they reached India.

Not sure what address you have given them, but I would say, do not make any changes now. Once they received their passport back make sure they come back before their Immigration visa expires to complete the landing process at the airport.
@Paul09 Thanks for the response!
Yes, my parents are travelling back to India on Monday. Permanent address on the application is an Indian address but current address is a Canadian address since they have been in Canada for over 2 years now. When my parents go to India, do I have to inform CIC of the address change? Will that impact their application? or should I just send the passports for stamping?

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi all
When the new application for sponsoring parents get open? I cannot find the timeline info. Can you please advise and help me? Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all
When the new application for sponsoring parents get open? I cannot find the timeline info. Can you please advise and help me? Thanks
This information hasn't been announced yet. No one knows.

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
For those who recently submitted their passport to NDVO, what was the turnaround time to get your passport back to VFS from Visa office?

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
@Paul09 Thanks for the response!
Yes, my parents are travelling back to India on Monday. Permanent address on the application is an Indian address but current address is a Canadian address since they have been in Canada for over 2 years now. When my parents go to India, do I have to inform CIC of the address change? Will that impact their application? or should I just send the passports for stamping?
Just send passports for stamping to NDVO.

ZenithXion

Dec 8, 2019
If everything goes according to you and you receive passport and send it to CPC-Ottawa ( according to PPR if the applicant is in Canada and will stay for 3 months then the applicant can submit passport to CPC-Ottawa) which is wrong. Normally CPC-Ottawa doesn't stamp the passport and return it with a covering letter that the VO will contact you for PR status, hence the applicant should be physically present in Canada.
Now in your case request NDVO to permit the submission of passport in USA stating that primary applicant is in USA and not able to travel due to Covid-19.
I will personally suggest not to take any chance by wrong doing. Follow as mentioned in PPR email other wise your case will be in hangon position at the final stage.
It seems IRCC is allowing passport submission within 30 + 90 days due to covid per below. So my mom will have retired by that time and she can come to Canada and submit to Ottawa by June 15. I think this solves the issue for me unless anyone thinks otherwise.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/general-measures.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

While our inability to submit within 30 days is not expressly covid related, it seems that Covid has helped in this specific circumstance.

Thanks for your help and engagement all.

Last edited:

prominjj

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
hi folks, for parents landing, when they enter the border through airport, they will enter through immigration window right? and if my parents' living address will be in BC instead of the address I had left when I applied was MB( I am going to move to BC as well). is it ok to change it during landing process with officer? just to make sure the PR card can be mailed to us directly. looking for some advice. thanks.
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @serious_cheese hi. could you please help advise? thanks.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
how long did it take for your parents to get the phone call?
tnx
There are different modes of virtual landing, it may take from couple of weeks to couple of months. No specific time line, all depends on the status in que and mode of landing.

Reactions: soroush

ravdawg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • January 27, 2020 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Completed /Passed Medical: Feb 2020; sent extra documents like PCC/Resume February 2020.

Medical expired now, but seems not needing it renewed.

June 11/2019 submission, AOR OCT 2019. Mississauga Visa office, Parent is in home country (EU).

Seems like its just waiting game - any thoughts, tips, things to keep an eye for?[/QUOTE]