+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Yes I did. I was advised by agent that will be speed the process ( ha ha).
Same here, I thought it would be faster for them to check the income requirement or social cheks.

Already near 24 months and still no sponsorship approval.

Parents are in Canada since 2016, on supervisa.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hi,

May I know why there is a second ME request? Is the first ME done and expired?

My parents' ME has expired since they did it in March 2020. I wonder if we are going to be requested for that as well.

Thanks.
It is up to the visa officer. They may extend it if they are almost done with your application. If they need 2-3 months they may ask for new medical.

Reactions: Almondjuice

prominjj

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
hi folks, for parents landing, when they enter the border through airport, they will enter through immigration window right? and if my parents' living address will be in BC instead of the address I had left when I applied was MB( I am going to move to BC as well). is it ok to change it during landing process with officer? just to make sure the PR card can be mailed to us directly. looking for some advice. thanks.

ane

May 10, 2011
App. Filed.......
May 8 2019
AOR Received.
July 17 2019
Hi
I have a question.
My parents got the passport request last week from New Delhi. They are already in Canada ,so I sent the passports to Ottawa. Th passport is returned with no Visa or COPR. There is a letter saying A visa office will contact you.
There is no phone number or anything.
What do I do now?
Where do I contact ?
Please advise.
Ane

krishgoswami

Mar 13, 2018
Saw many posts earlier regarding protest, petition etc and it is going out of control. We really should raise our voice against CPC-M. I am in the same boat too. Medical expired 1 month ago. No update since 1 year and 2 weeks. I know its Covid and everyone in Canada started WFH except these officers. I really think that my officer must have died in COVID. What can we do?

Reactions: Paul09

geol

Dec 18, 2014
thank you for your reply. Do you see any issues with her couriering the passport to me (Vancouver) and then me sending it to Ottawa? She is working and cannot take so much time off esp with the quarantine requirements.
If everything goes according to you and you receive passport and send it to CPC-Ottawa ( according to PPR if the applicant is in Canada and will stay for 3 months then the applicant can submit passport to CPC-Ottawa) which is wrong. Normally CPC-Ottawa doesn't stamp the passport and return it with a covering letter that the VO will contact you for PR status, hence the applicant should be physically present in Canada.
Now in your case request NDVO to permit the submission of passport in USA stating that primary applicant is in USA and not able to travel due to Covid-19.
I will personally suggest not to take any chance by wrong doing. Follow as mentioned in PPR email other wise your case will be in hangon position at the final stage.

Last edited:

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Hi
I have a question.
My parents got the passport request last week from New Delhi. They are already in Canada ,so I sent the passports to Ottawa. Th passport is returned with no Visa or COPR. There is a letter saying A visa office will contact you.
What do I do now?
Where do I contact ?
Please advise.
Ane
Since your parents are in Canada already virtual landing procedure applied to them. Wait for call from IRCC

charlesjain

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
Hi,

May I know why there is a second ME request? Is the first ME done and expired?

My parents' ME has expired since they did it in March 2020. I wonder if we are going to be requested for that as well.

Thanks.
Hi there,

Yes, the previous IME got expired in Oct 2020 and I believe that, while looking at our file, the visa processing officer must have decided to request for another IME. What was the basis for requesting for another IME? I am not sure if there is a set criteria for either extending IME or requesting for another IME. However, one thing is for sure that NDVO has started working again and they are now sending lot of IME and PPR request to the applicants.

Please be ready for another IME, in case you are asked for it by CPC.

kotha20

Mar 20, 2021
vancouver
Passport Req..
Nov 2 2020
Hi
I have a question.
What do I do now?
Where do I contact ?
Please advise.
Ane
Hi Ane,

I am in the same situation as yours. I got a request to send my parents passport in Nov 2020. The passports were returned without a Visa and with a letter saying a visa office will contact you.
Yesterday, Again I got the same email. Now I am confused as to what to do. Should I send the passport to Ottawa or send them to Delhi? My parents are flying to India on Monday, 22nd March 2020.
Waiting to hear what experts have to say on this forum.

kotha20

Mar 20, 2021
vancouver
Passport Req..
Nov 2 2020
Hi there,

I got a request to send my parents passport in Nov 2020. The passports were returned without a Visa and with a letter saying a visa office will contact you.
Yesterday, Again I got the same email. Now I am confused as to what to do. Should I send the passport to Ottawa or send them to Delhi? My parents are flying to India on Monday, 22nd March 2020. They are currently with me on super visa.

Waiting to hear what experts have to say on this forum.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hi
I have a question.
What do I do now?
Where do I contact ?
Please advise.
Ane
Yes you will get an email from local visa office, for virtual landing. Don't worry about anything.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
I know many still waiting for their Parent's application, but this is specific for Application stuck at CPC-Mississauga. Many outland Spousal Sponsorship also sitting along with parents Sponsorship application and collecting dust at CPC-Mississauga and it is going to be like this for maybe another 6 to 12 months.

Guys This is a common issue, please share this as much as possible on Twitter and Facebook and reach out to your MPs and ask them for help and push them to reach out to Marco Mendicino (Liberal Eglinton-Lawrence and Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) to address this issue.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/immigration-spouses-delay-mississauga-1.5956766?cmp=rss

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
@Paul09 In my case, I got the request to send the passports again instead of instructions for virtual landing. Should I send the passports to Ottawa?
You have mentioned that your parents are traveling back to India on Mar 22nd, If that's correct do not send their passports to Ottawa. Just go with the plans you have and use the same letter to send passports to NDVO once they reached India.

Not sure what address you have given them, but I would say, do not make any changes now. Once they received their passport back make sure they come back before their Immigration visa expires to complete the landing process at the airport.