+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi all

@serious_cheese

I finally received an e-mail today from DoNotReply-DELHI-Immigration@international.gc.ca re: my mom's application to submit passport to VFS in (NDVO CPC). I believe this is just a passport request and not COPR, as there is no update in myIRCC and a line which says "As you are now in a possession of a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR), or have been notified to submit your travel documents in preparation for the issuance of a COPR ". I think it is the latter of the two.

My mom is in the US currently and they have asked for passport to submitted to VFS within 30 days - does anyone know how we can do this from the US? Online it seems you have to submit in person. Also, there is an option to send to CPC-Ottawa if you have a mailing address in Canada, but it says only to use this if principal applicant and all dependents are in Canada.

I find communications from NDVO to be a bit confusing and unclear but am also happy we got this request; hoping someone can please clarify. Also, does anyone have any experience with what the turnaround time is with VFS for the passports?

Thanks!
In my opinion the simplest option for you is that your mom travel to Canada and send passport to Ottawa.
IRCC is OK to extend that 30 days time limit but for issuing PR visa from US will be a long process for your mom.

Reactions: serious_cheese

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
We organized a protest in front of CPC-Mississauga for their no action on the Spousal Sponsorship application. Even after that, there is no improvement or a word from Idiot Immigration Minister Marco. Either we go big In number and combinedly protest together (Spousal/Parents' sponsorship)with a huge number

or we just wait.

Check my above post :
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2019.611761/page-3191#post-9284960
This is just so unfair though. There needs to be way to find out when can we expect something . We van't provide a time frame is b......t . Pardon my language . Life for so many people is on hold due to this , they can't add new member to family, dependents on the file can't marry. let alone the sponsor can't marry as it will jeopardized the file .

My mother is over 64 , she had a fall recently and now on bed for 4 weeks. she doesnt feel like eating anyting ,my younger brother is taking care of her which is so unfair. How the hell government is not able to provide an answer.

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
Hi all

@serious_cheese

I finally received an e-mail today from DoNotReply-DELHI-Immigration@international.gc.ca re: my mom's application to submit passport to VFS in (NDVO CPC). I believe this is just a passport request and not COPR, as there is no update in myIRCC and a line which says "As you are now in a possession of a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR), or have been notified to submit your travel documents in preparation for the issuance of a COPR ". I think it is the latter of the two.

My mom is in the US currently and they have asked for passport to submitted to VFS within 30 days - does anyone know how we can do this from the US? Online it seems you have to submit in person. Also, there is an option to send to CPC-Ottawa if you have a mailing address in Canada, but it says only to use this if principal applicant and all dependents are in Canada.

I find communications from NDVO to be a bit confusing and unclear but am also happy we got this request; hoping someone can please clarify. Also, does anyone have any experience with what the turnaround time is with VFS for the passports?

Thanks!
Hi, congratulations for this important step. What is your time line?

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hello all:
Once I submit Passport for PPR to VFS, how long does it take to get counterfoil etc?

YANA KO

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
I'm in a same boat but, I don't see anything related to social services. Instead they approved me on Sep 11, 2019 and never looked at the file again.
Did you provided your sin number for verification and home many province you lived in.
Yes I did. I was advised by agent that will be speed the process ( ha ha).

trivchintan

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
I am so lost. logging into this site after a long time.

My parent's application was June 3 - medical done on 27th Dec 2019 - since then it has been silent.
my in-law's application was June 14 - medical done in Feb 2020 - since then it has been silent.
now the "medical done" message has disappeared from online as expected.

visa office was Mississauga - parents/inlaws in India.

What can I do other than wait?
Mississauga office is not working at all... same with me... App Submitted 28 May 2019... medical done Nov 2019...... additional test request Nov 2019.... Medical Passed Nov 2020..... Medical Expired.... Nov 2020.... after that PIN DROP SILENCE.... lol

I am not able digest their explanation that it is due to COVID.... its been more than 1 year of COVID... they should have developed a procedure so agents can work from home as the rest of the country is also WFH.

ZenithXion

Dec 8, 2019
Hi all

@serious_cheese

Thanks!
In my opinion the simplest option for you is that your mom travel to Canada and send passport to Ottawa.
IRCC is OK to extend that 30 days time limit but for issuing PR visa from US will be a long process for your mom.
thank you for your reply. Do you see any issues with her couriering the passport to me (Vancouver) and then me sending it to Ottawa? She is working and cannot take so much time off esp with the quarantine requirements.

ZenithXion

Dec 8, 2019
thank you for your reply. Do you see any issues with her couriering the passport to me (Vancouver) and then me sending it to Ottawa? She is working and cannot take so much time off esp with the quarantine requirements.
Also what about couriering to Ottawa from the US? Is there anyway to contact CPC Ottawa directly for advice?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Both Medicals are now expired now. They may ask you to do re-medical or may extend it once they look at your both files again. It is up to the Visa officer. Other than wait and hoping the Peel region move out of complete lockdown, there is no other option.

I'm in the same situation. Both Parents and outland Spousal Application stuck at CPC-Mississauga.

I'm going to add my name to the next lottery draw, to see if I get picked in that. I will withdraw my current application and retry it.

Ordered multiple GCMS notes and found they approved my SA approval and added a note that PA and Dependent are both in Canada (My parents are here in Canada on super VIsa since 2016.) on Sep 11, 2019, and never looked at it again.

I believe Visa Officer assigned to our application (including many like ours stuck at CPC-Missisuaga) may have died with COVID-19. My Condolence with his/her family.
My application stuck with CPC-Mississauga as well. If you redo medical, your chances of getting passport request is much higher.
My medical request was issued in October and passed in Dec 2020...i have a full year ahead of me......such a long wait.

Be positive, your turn is coming soon.

Reactions: Paul09

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mississauga office is not working at all... same with me... App Submitted 28 May 2019... medical done Nov 2019...... additional test request Nov 2019.... Medical Passed Nov 2020..... Medical Expired.... Nov 2020.... after that PIN DROP SILENCE.... lol

I am not able digest their explanation that it is due to COVID.... its been more than 1 year of COVID... they should have developed a procedure so agents can work from home as the rest of the country is also WFH.
are you parents in Canada or outside of Canada line mine?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
To send passport from BC may be OK but I have read somewhere that sending passport to international destination is not permitted.
Ask the courier companies if they can bring passport from US to BC.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
My application stuck with CPC-Mississauga as well. If you redo medical, your chances of getting passport request is much higher.
My medical request was issued in October and passed in Dec 2020...i have a full year ahead of me......such a long wait.

Be positive, your turn is coming soon.
Thank you brother for your positive input.

To your surprise, IRCC didn't even make a Decision on my Sponsorship application, still showing in In-progress. I clearly meet the requirement for sponsoring 7+ people, although I have only 3 people on this application.

Ordered GCMS notes and found that they approved my sponsorship on Sep 11, 2019. Check this screenshot.

Last edited: