+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

jackhcd

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
CEC
Hi Everyone

Anyone has any idea, when will Mississauga CIC will start again after COVID-19 to complete in process files

Thank You
Though my case isn't with CPC-M, in my recent phone call with IRCC they mentioned they were just resuming back-to-work last week.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hi Folks,
Sorry I was away for long time. My mom landed in March 2020, it's been six months and she had not received her PR card yet, whenever I call them or do a web form enquiry, same answer "still in process", due to COVID-19 everything is delayed.
Anyone in the same boat ? What are our options now ?
Should we apply for a new PR card ? Kindly advice.
That's is very strange. My friends parents landed here on 12 August and both her folks got PR cards today. The last time I checked, they said that it could take up to 128 days for new PR card. Since you have been waiting for far longer than this, I would contact them again and point out to the timeline on CIC. You can also include the reason. If it is for an urgent reason or for health related reason, I am sure they could put your parents through an expedited process. Make sure that CIC has your current mailing address as well. Otherwise, they will mail it to the address on file.

Reactions: zeiesfirdaus

ClaudiaHo

Jan 3, 2019
Though my case isn't with CPC-M, in my recent phone call with IRCC they mentioned they were just resuming back-to-work last week.
Thanks! That is great news to hear they are resuming work.

And actually anyone here also is outland applicant but have the file sent to CPC-M? I was not sure if CPC-M processes inland applicants only.

Swainy

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019

And actually anyone here also is outland applicant but have the file sent to CPC-M? I was not sure if CPC-M processes inland applicants only.
We are June 4th applicant and have had our DM2 since March 4th 2020. Our file is with CPC-M so news that they are back at work is great news.

Reactions: serious_cheese

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
Guys I have a question

I called ircc today to ask about my brother who is not considered my immediate faimly but is my father's depandant.

The agent told me when your father's gonna land on oct 7 he is gonna hand over his copr to the immigration officer he is gonna become a pr at that same moment. After that when your brother is gonna give his copr he can be considered as your fathers dependent ( so dependent of a permanent resident)

I mean it really depends on the officer.
And also we still have one month things might change by then and international borders might open up by then.

What are your thoughts on this guys?

@geol
@zeisfirdaus
@robertp
@cannuck78

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Guys I have a question

I called ircc today to ask about my brother who is not considered my immediate faimly but is my father's depandant.

The agent told me when your father's gonna land on oct 7 he is gonna hand over his copr to the immigration officer he is gonna become a pr at that same moment. After that when your brother is gonna give his copr he can be considered as your fathers dependent ( so dependent of a permanent resident)

And also we still have one month things might change by then and international borders might open up by then.

@geol
@zeisfirdaus
@robertp
@cannuck78
Same with what I thought a few days ago. The principal and dependant will land at same time. But when both come to immigration officers. Let the principal finishes PR process and "congratulations, you are ...." then the dependant can land as the principal is PR now. it depends on officers but technically it still complies with restrictions.

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Guys I have a question

@geol
@zeisfirdaus
@robertp
@cannuck78
I resonate with this logic; and I would take the chance if I was in your shoes. However, two things to consider:

1. Make sure that the Airlines allows boarding...
2. Say you get a wacky Immigration officer who does not allow entry; what is your back-up plan?

Last edited:

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney

Yes. My parents in home country and file at CPC-M. June 04, 19 case and bio and medical done in Jan 20, since than no update.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
I still have feelings that your brother or sister can come with you parents as long as he/she has to wait until your parents finished the immigration process to become PR and land after that. He/she can just have a cup of coffee and wait for 30mins to 1hour to make sure LOL. And as a member said above. Have to be sure that the airline lets he/she go with your parents.

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
I still have feelings that your brother or sister can come with you parents as long as he/she has to wait until your parents finished the immigration process to become PR and land after that. He/she can just have a cup of coffee and wait for 30mins to 1hour to make sure LOL. And as a member said above. Have to be sure that the airline lets he/she go with your parents.

Lmao no but seriously it says they have to land with main applicant or after him just not before