+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

SatheshDyn

Jun 17, 2020
Can anyone help me here

I have initiated Visitor Visa for my mom and she received her Bio-metrics collection letter however NO VAC opened in India till date. How can I get her Visitor Visa? Do we know when Biometric center will be opened?

Also I see the link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#temporary where they mentioned to get authorization letter through email to reunite with an immediate family member who is living in Canada temporarily.

Do we have any format to write email to IRCC? Can any one share pls? I'm in Canada for the last 1.5 yrs under WP, will this work out?

Aug 18, 2015
I also saw it in the application status and not in CIC portal. I believe CIC portal will get updated after they land.
@KarthickRajRamesh are you planning to call your parents on visitor visa or you would be waiting for the PPR ? Because nobody has an idea when would they start sending out PPR to outland applicants.
Yes I agree thats true....CIC portal will be updated only at the end

I am planning to bring them into Canada....unfortunately their vistor visa is expiring on mid October 2020......Air India (VBM) (only International possible now) is not allowing to board flight if they dont have 3 months validity in visa.....and applying new vistor /super visa will take long time now (~150- 180 days)
So my only option is it wait for PPR

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
the sponsorship application status for Primary Applicant says "Decision Made" but PR Application Status is "In Progress"

a tad bit strange as my spouse's parents haven't even gone for the biometrics and are currently not in Canada.

Manim

Sep 15, 2016
Congratulations. It seems that you are the first June applicant who got a decision made for PA. It seems that your visa processing center is New York. Are you or the PA based out of the USA?
Thanks,
Yes the processing centre was transferred from Mississauga to New York in december. PA is from India, but currently in Canada on Super Visa.

Manim

Sep 15, 2016
Hi Manim

congratulation

Did you inform cic via webform that principal applicant is in Canada ??

also do we have to inform cic that sponsor status has changed from PR to citizen ?
I don't think you need to inform that.
Do I need to inform CIC that the PA is in Canada as I haven't done so? The letter which we received just mentioned to send the passport to VAC in New York if PA is in India or Ottawa if the PA is in Canada. It didn't had any instruction on informing the CIC.

Reactions: Rhill

TangoCharlie1234

Apr 24, 2014
India
Visa Office......
CPC M
App. Filed.......
5/24/19
how do i reach out to CIC to inquire about my file? May 24th submission, my file is with CPC M, medicals were done and cleared in Nov 2019 and additional docs were requested and submitted on Jan 20th, received confirmation Jan 21st that documents were recieved. nothing since then.

any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Zaamil

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2012
File Transfer...
Mar-2012
Med's Request
+RePCC+ReForms Aug-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-2013 RePCC+ReForms submit Oct 2013
Passport Req..
PPR 1 13th Jun 2014 and PPR 2 25 Jun 2014
VISA ISSUED...
You Wish!
LANDED..........
La La Land!
This seems to be a test pilot coping with recently-approved applicants residing in Canada. On August 24 the eCAS status for PA changed to "decision made"; on August 28 I received a call from IRCC inquiring whether both my parents are currently residing in Canada. If yes, they'll proceed with virtual landing to bypass the physical landing process at port of entry. My parents are out of country and hence unable to participate. Still awaiting for the next communication from Hong Kong VO (whether PPR email or GCKey approval).
Which number did the call from IRCC came?

kate7878

Nov 7, 2016
How do I check my application status? I have a temporary application number when they sent me an email for an additional doc. Pls help

racinvr8

Jul 19, 2019
Hello all,

I have 2 questions:

1) waiting for any updates since March 20 after getting dm2 from cpc-m. Is there any point in ordering gcms notes at this point?

2) can my parents come to Canada on visitor visa right now and once they get COPR, they can go see an officer in Canada? They are waiting to come here asap.