+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
What are the steps after the application gets in process ? My decision made was back in Feb and got bio notice which was completed in March. But recently got an email from London office that application has been received. Can someone suggest how long it might take from this point onwards and what are next steps ? Thanks
Difficult to say how long but the process is illustrated in the flowchart
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1reNdwQ00faXP8DFifDa8jJAfSINvodoIDznD1_5OHl8/edit?usp=sharing

diveshsingh

Nov 25, 2017
@robertp
User name: manim

Decision made on Ecas and Passport request on 31 Aug.
Passport sent on 1 Sep to Ottawa, Principal Applicant in Canada
Hi Manim

congratulation

Did you inform cic via webform that principal applicant is in Canada ??

also do we have to inform cic that sponsor status has changed from PR to citizen ?

MAK26

Sep 2, 2020
can someone please share the excel sheet we had for the status of pgp applications, i think i have lost the link.

thanks kindly

abhi.here

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Can somebody please shed some light on the following :

Principal applicant is in DM status and has neither received PPR nor Pre arrival services letter since March 2020.
If Principal applicant comes to Canada on visitor visa, will he get COPR ? If yes, how much time would it take to get it and what would be the process ?

VO is CPC-M

Experts, please guide !

napoleonbot

Mar 9, 2017
new update today, my parents are requested to send in passport - China.
However I am concerned with the sentence saying the "Your Permanent Resident document(s) will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations" they did their test last october, but due to covid 19, there is no update since then.
Are we still going to get another medical exam or we are getting visa stamped expiry date to be Oct this year.
Is there any special treatment for the parents that were delayed due to covid?

qjzhou

May 4, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
new update today, my parents are requested to send in passport - China.
However I am concerned with the sentence saying the "Your Permanent Resident document(s) will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations" they did their test last october, but due to covid 19, there is no update since then.
Are we still going to get another medical exam or we are getting visa stamped expiry date to be Oct this year.
Is there any special treatment for the parents that were delayed due to covid?
Under the COVID situation, the expiry date of the medical exam would be extended for about 6 months. No worries about it, just send the passport for visa ASAP. You will see the expiry date of the landing visa is longer than October. Congratulations!