+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

farfp

Feb 22, 2011
I called ircc yesterday to confirm if my parents can travel as their copr was issued on July3rd

This is what the agent emailed me after the phone call:

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:

Coronavirus - Travel restrictions to Canada

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the new coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on IRCC clients.

Until further notice, most people cannot travel to Canada, even if they have a valid visitor visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA).

You can travel to Canada or be permitted to enter Canada if you are:

In any case, if you’re travelling by air, you need to:

Travellers entering Canada by air or by land will need to provide basic information using the traveller contact information form, available through the ArriveCAN mobile app, an accessible web-based form or a paper form.

When you arrive in Canada we’ll assess your health before you leave the port of entry. If you’re a foreign national, and you have symptoms of COVID-19, you won’t be allowed to enter Canada.

You must have a plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada. This is mandatory, even if you have no symptoms. If you don’t have a plan, you should not travel to Canada as you may not be allowed to enter the country.

We understand that these measures will affect several IRCC clients. Please be assured that we continue to closely monitor the situation and provide you with the most current information as the situation evolves.

For more information on the situation and to receive up-to-date information, we invite you to consult theHow the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services page, where you will also find answers to your most common questions about travel restrictions and exemptions.

DO YOU GUYS THINK I SHOULD GO AHEAD AND BOOK THIER FLIGHT FOR AUGUST 31ST?

THAT IS THE ONLY AIR INDIA RESCUE FLIGHT THAT IS AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW
Hi ,
Would you please tell when did CIC request to submit passports and from which Visa office you got COPR? Thanks

ash_forever

Jul 24, 2020
Finally I received PPR from Warsaw visa office today, but the problem is that my mom is in Canada. Was anybody in such situation? Should I email passports or what is the process now? I was expecting to receive a letter that she is a PR already. During the all process she was in Canada and her address was in Canada address in IRCC files too.
We are exactly in the same situation. Received a PPR from Warsaw on July 24th, but my mother-in-law is here with us in Vancouver (on visitor's visa), and no plans for her to fly back to her home country any time soon. I also expected to receive an email with PR confirmation. Have you tried to contact Warsaw office or call center here in Canada? I email the Warsaw office asking for further instructions, but no reply so far...

Tangguoer

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
We are exactly in the same situation. Received a PPR from Warsaw on July 24th, but my mother-in-law is here with us in Vancouver (on visitor's visa), and no plans for her to fly back to her home country any time soon. I also expected to receive an email with PR confirmation. Have you tried to contact Warsaw office or call center here in Canada? I email the Warsaw office asking for further instructions, but no reply so far...
Follow the ppr, send the PP to Ottawa, and will get the email with pr confirmation later

Reactions: ash_forever

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
My file is with Singapore.
AR June 10,2019
AOR Oct 11,2019
SA Feb 13,2020
MR/PCC submitted
Ordered GCMS, I see CASE REVIEWED. RECOMMEND PASSED on Mar 10,2020
Just received GCMS today. they literally have not touched my file since Mar 10,2020.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
What's the problem with that? Perhaps the parents filled out the ArriveCan app?
Yes my parents filled our the ArriveCan app.

What I meant is that they didnt ask for specific details of the isolation plan. Like how exactly you will be traveling home or to hotel. How exactly you will live in the basement. How exactly your meals will be provided. Laundry. Etc.

I think some of us were worried they would ask these questions during the landing as well and prepared written plans with all these specifics details.

ArriveCan just asks that you have a plan. YES. where you will isolate. ADDRESS. Broad principles. Just answer yes. No details.

My purpose in sharing that there was no requirement for the details is to let people who are landing know it is good to prepare it but unlikely they will ask you such specific questions. Dont worry too much.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes my parents filled our the ArriveCan app.

What I meant is that they didnt ask for specific details of the isolation plan. Like how exactly you will be traveling home or to hotel. How exactly you will live in the basement. How exactly your meals will be provided. Laundry. Etc.

I think some of us were worried they would ask these questions during the landing as well and prepared written plans with all these specifics details.

ArriveCan just asks that you have a plan. YES. where you will isolate. ADDRESS. Broad principles. Just answer yes. No details.

My purpose in sharing that there was no requirement for the details is to let people who are landing know it is good to prepare it but unlikely they will ask you such specific questions. Dont worry too much.
My wife's father is still stuck in China and I worried if he can use the app because he don't speak and read English.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
My wife's father is still stuck in China and I worried if he can use the app because he don't speak and read English.
They actually give out paper forms on the plane for you to fill if you dont use the ArriveCan app.

My dad is tech savvy. And he said there were bugs with the app. He had filled it correctly but somehow at first it was only showing my mum's name and not his. But later it went through.

But you can use paper if you dont want to use the app.

Reactions: steaky

respect2019

Jan 29, 2019
My parents completed their landing on Saturday. Landed in Vancouver then flew to Calgary.

They did not ask for details of self isolation plan.

Straightforward.
How did you plan and booked tickets..? anything related to pandemic , they asked at the airport..? Or any plan we have prepare to show at airport?

respect2019

Jan 29, 2019
I called ircc yesterday to confirm if my parents can travel as their copr was issued on July3rd

This is what the agent emailed me after the phone call:

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:

Coronavirus - Travel restrictions to Canada

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the new coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on IRCC clients.

Until further notice, most people cannot travel to Canada, even if they have a valid visitor visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA).

You can travel to Canada or be permitted to enter Canada if you are:

In any case, if you’re travelling by air, you need to:

Travellers entering Canada by air or by land will need to provide basic information using the traveller contact information form, available through the ArriveCAN mobile app, an accessible web-based form or a paper form.

When you arrive in Canada we’ll assess your health before you leave the port of entry. If you’re a foreign national, and you have symptoms of COVID-19, you won’t be allowed to enter Canada.

You must have a plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada. This is mandatory, even if you have no symptoms. If you don’t have a plan, you should not travel to Canada as you may not be allowed to enter the country.

We understand that these measures will affect several IRCC clients. Please be assured that we continue to closely monitor the situation and provide you with the most current information as the situation evolves.

For more information on the situation and to receive up-to-date information, we invite you to consult theHow the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services page, where you will also find answers to your most common questions about travel restrictions and exemptions.

DO YOU GUYS THINK I SHOULD GO AHEAD AND BOOK THIER FLIGHT FOR AUGUST 31ST?

THAT IS THE ONLY AIR INDIA RESCUE FLIGHT THAT IS AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW
I called some other air lines like Air Canada and Emirates and they are taking booking as well.
Have you checked those tickets..? but my concern is .. all info says that only Air India is available.
I have similar case like you

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
I called some other air lines like Air Canada and Emirates and they are taking booking as well.
Have you checked those tickets..? but my concern is .. all info says that only Air India is available.
I have similar case like you

Hey when did your parents got COPR issued?

Rosharah

Nov 3, 2019
Hi Everyone,

My parents are May 2019 applicants. We are done with all Bio, PCC, Medical and some more requested updates such as CV back in March and since then nothing has happened. The E-case shows “in process” status. Should we now be waiting for PPR? What is the next step? If they come to Canada with visitor visa, would it cause an issue for landing process?

Thanks,

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Hey when did your parents got COPR issued?
@respect2019
Check Turkish Airlines. They have opened flight bookings for India Aug 02 onwards (as of yesterday). I just made a back-up booking for my parents on Turkish for Aug 28th. This is an addition to the Air Canada Direct Flight for Sept4th that they already have.
That said, no circular from Indian Govt re: Int Flight operations other than Vande Bharat. Air India website outlines a flight schedule (none to Canada) on their website till Aug 31st. So, lots of unknowns!

My parents have to fly before Sept 12th (Visa Validity). The Visa was issued (in Jan) before March 18th. Check signature for dates.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZOYAMAN13