+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

kwgcda

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Unfortunately some people don't have options. Obviously being able to drive yourself to quarantine is preferable but many don't have an option. I hope those picking up family wear a N95 and keep the windows down at a minimum.
My mum will be coming from a country where they drive on the left side of the road. There's no way she could drive here without practice. I will quarantine with her, even though her country has no covid cases outside of managed quarantine (NZ).

Reactions: nayr69sg

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I said exposed to covid. Taxi and Uber drivers will only accept you as a passenger if you are wearing a mask and you don’t sit up front of behind them. It is very hard to test people in transit. Getting a test result a few days before means the test is essentially obsolete by the time you fly. Stripping once you enter your quarantine location is to keep the germs out of your quarantine environment. Most hospital workers do the same.
We are exposed to covid everyday unless you don't go out - it's a matter of luck whether you got it or not. How would taxi or uber driver won't accept anyone who sit upfront or behind him? If you are a family of 4 (2 couples with 2 toddlers), are you going split hire 2 to 4 cars? Like I said before, some countries require people to undergo the test upon arrival and within 72 hours before departure outside Canada. Stripping is not needed. You can strip yourself after grocery shopping or work or delivering pizza if you want.

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunately some people don't have options. Obviously being able to drive yourself to quarantine is preferable but many don't have an option. I hope those picking up family wear a N95 and keep the windows down at a minimum.
Better yet, to have the test upon arrival to make sure they are covid-negative at least for the day.

farfp

Feb 22, 2011
Hi all,
Did anyone get visa & COPR recently in June, July for parents (2019 parents sponsorship) that are living outside of Canada now? Are visa offices outside of Canada active to issue visa or not?
It will be great, if any information will be shared. Thanks