+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
I called ircc yesterday to confirm if my parents can travel as their copr was issued on July3rd

This is what the agent emailed me after the phone call:

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:

Coronavirus - Travel restrictions to Canada

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the new coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on IRCC clients.

Until further notice, most people cannot travel to Canada, even if they have a valid visitor visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA).

You can travel to Canada or be permitted to enter Canada if you are:

In any case, if you’re travelling by air, you need to:

Travellers entering Canada by air or by land will need to provide basic information using the traveller contact information form, available through the ArriveCAN mobile app, an accessible web-based form or a paper form.

When you arrive in Canada we’ll assess your health before you leave the port of entry. If you’re a foreign national, and you have symptoms of COVID-19, you won’t be allowed to enter Canada.

You must have a plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada. This is mandatory, even if you have no symptoms. If you don’t have a plan, you should not travel to Canada as you may not be allowed to enter the country.

We understand that these measures will affect several IRCC clients. Please be assured that we continue to closely monitor the situation and provide you with the most current information as the situation evolves.

For more information on the situation and to receive up-to-date information, we invite you to consult theHow the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services page, where you will also find answers to your most common questions about travel restrictions and exemptions.

DO YOU GUYS THINK I SHOULD GO AHEAD AND BOOK THIER FLIGHT FOR AUGUST 31ST?

THAT IS THE ONLY AIR INDIA RESCUE FLIGHT THAT IS AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW

migratecanada2012

Jul 7, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
14-06-2019
AOR Received.
23-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-02-2020
No worries. Some people’s online status shows in process for both SA and PA at very beginning. This is technical issue, only when you click PA, there has a line said “we start processing.....”, this is real processing
There are only 2 lines in PA status :
  1. We received XXXXXXXXXXXX application for permanent residence on June 14, 2019.
  2. We sent XXXXXXXXXXXX a letter on February 4, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

What should I understand about it ?
All people applied after me has Status in progress , mine is still application received

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
  1. We received XXXXXXXXXXXX application for permanent residence on June 14, 2019.
  2. We sent XXXXXXXXXXXX a letter on February 4, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

All people applied after me has Status in progress , mine is still application received
Hi, most applicants' files are processed in two visa offices i.e. in Canada for initial processing and then at the local visa office. After the initial processing that involves approval of the sponsoring applicant, the files are sent to the local visa office (LVO). Once the file is picked up for processing at the LVO for approval of applicant, the status should change from "received" to "processing". Before this, the status is "In Process" for SA and "Received" for PA. This is what I understand from my status.

Tangguoer

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
If

Late fee payment may be the reason

intel2

Apr 22, 2013
Click the PA status, you will see “ we start processing on someday”. If you see this line, this is real “in process”
When I click on the status "In Process" .. this is all I see ... "
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 19, 2019.
"

Tangguoer

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Hi, most applicants' files are processed in two visa offices i.e. in Canada for initial processing and then at the local visa office. After the initial processing that involves approval of the sponsoring applicant, the files are sent to the local visa office (LVO). Once the file is picked up for processing at the LVO for approval of applicant, the status should change from "received" to "processing". Before this, the status is "In Process" for SA and "Received" for PA. This is what I understand from my status.
Yes, Sa and Pa are processed two different office. All of Sa stage inland, but Some Pa stage inland, others Outland.

Tangguoer

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
When I click on the status "In Process" .. this is all I see ... "
"
How about Sa part?

For Pa part, wait for the second line “we start processing.....”, that will be a real processed.

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
Hello,

I applied for my parents on June 12, 2019. Current status in ecas shows "In Process" but when I click it, it says that we received your file on June 12, 2019. Thats it.

My CIC Account also doesnt provide any further details. They asked for my birth certificate earlier this year which I provided and no communication ever since.

Is there anyone else in the same shoes as I am? Also, should I request GCSM notes? I was looking at the instructions - do I need to submit the consent form separately or is it part of a single submission?

Thanks.

intel2

Apr 22, 2013
How about Sa part?

For Pa part, wait for the second line “we start processing.....”, that will be a real processed.
Sorry but what are Pa and Sa parts ?

Upon clicking the In Process status .. this is all I see on the next page. What does this mean? The "real" processing hasn't started yet?
The following tables will help you understand the status of your application.

intel2

Apr 22, 2013
Hello,

I applied for my parents on June 12, 2019. Current status in ecas shows "In Process" but when I click it, it says that we received your file on June 12, 2019. Thats it.

My CIC Account also doesnt provide any further details. They asked for my birth certificate earlier this year which I provided and no communication ever since.

Is there anyone else in the same shoes as I am? Also, should I request GCSM notes? I was looking at the instructions - do I need to submit the consent form separately or is it part of a single submission?

Thanks.
I have the same situation except my parents' application was received on Jun 19th, 2019. I am also keen to find out the progress of the application.

Tangguoer

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Sorry but what are Pa and Sa parts ?

Upon clicking the In Process status .. this is all I see on the next page. What does this mean? The "real" processing hasn't started yet?
The following tables will help you understand the status of your application.
When you login, use your information instead of parents’s information, you can see both Sponsorship status and Pa status.

Last edited:

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Same here... my application status:
Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor **** on June 12, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on February 3, 2020.
Permanent Residence
  1. We received ****'s application for permanent residence on June 12, 2019.
Hi all,

I haven't received any updates so far except bio-metric collection letter. I checked online and currently, it shows
Permanent Residence Application Status : Application received

Sponsorship

1. We received your application to sponsor **** on June 14, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on January 24, 2020.

Sponsorship Application Status : Decision made

Permanent Residence
  1. We received ****'s application for permanent residence on June 14, 2019.

Permanent Residence Application Status : Application received

Should I be concerned for Permanent Residence Application Status (Should n't it be In Progress based on my timeline) ?
I feel so much luckier. My application received 2 only days before you But got medical/pcc/sponsor approved. 2 days make a huge difference.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Thanks.
lot of people are on same boat.
zero update since AOR in Dec 2019