+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Tangguoer

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Hi Everyone,

My parents are May 2019 applicants. We are done with all Bio, PCC, Medical and some more requested updates such as CV back in March and since then nothing has happened. The E-case shows “in process” status. Should we now be waiting for PPR? What is the next step? If they come to Canada with visitor visa, would it cause an issue for landing process?

Thanks,
Next is ppr and no issue for landing processs inland.

Reactions: Rosharah

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
@respect2019
Check Turkish Airlines. They have opened flight bookings for India Aug 02 onwards (as of yesterday). I just made a back-up booking for my parents on Turkish for Aug 28th. This is an addition to the Air Canada Direct Flight for Sept4th that they already have.
That said, no circular from Indian Govt re: Int Flight operations other than Vande Bharat. Air India website outlines a flight schedule (none to Canada) on their website till Aug 31st. So, lots of unknowns!

My parents have to fly before Sept 12th (Visa Validity). The Visa was issued (in Jan) before March 18th. Check signature for dates.

Hey @Zei

Good to know that your parents got copr before march 18.

My oonly concern right now is if my parents would even be allowed to travel.

Theres a rule that says only copr begore march 18 can travel and then there comes a rule for family reunion in which you can travel if your immediate family is a pr or citizen.

I am extremely confused if i should even look into booking tickets for them.

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Hey @Zei

Good to know that your parents got copr before march 18.

My oonly concern right now is if my parents would even be allowed to travel.

Theres a rule that says only copr begore march 18 can travel and then there comes a rule for family reunion in which you can travel if your immediate family is a pr or citizen.

I am extremely confused if i should even look into booking tickets for them.
Parents have been designated as immediate family. This was the topic of the forum a few pages back...Also extensively advertised by Canada on Social media / official websites etc. And while they are not officially PR's unless they have landed, they have a PR Visa.

https://www.canada.ca/en/border-services-agency/news/2020/06/changes-to-travel-restrictions-for-immediate-family-members-of-canadian-citizens-and-permanent-residents.html

This is the email that I got, when I used webform:

Good day XXX,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

For your information, the Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

If your permanent residence (PR) application was approved on or before March 18, 2020, but you haven't travelled to Canada yet:

• You're exempt from the travel restriction measures, and
  • You're now able to enter Canada.
If you're travelling by air:

• You need to pass a health check conducted by airlines before you're allowed to board your flight,
  • Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter Canada by air.
When you arrive in Canada, we'll assess your health before you leave the port of entry. You must have a plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada. This is mandatory, even if you have no symptoms. If you don't have a plan, you'll be quarantined in a facility designated by the Chief Public Health Officer of Canada.

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

Rosharah

Nov 3, 2019
Next is ppr and no issue for landing processs inland.
Thanks for the response. So, if they get their PPR while they are here as visitors, we just need to send the passports to embassy in Canada and no other landing process should take place? Do they need to change their address to Canada? I know before this pandemic, people used to go at the border and come back for landing process. Is it still required?

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Thanks for the response. So, if they get their PPR while they are here as visitors, we just need to send the passports to embassy in Canada and no other landing process should take place? Do they need to change their address to Canada? I know before this pandemic, people used to go at the border and come back for landing process. Is it still required?
PPR usually states where to send passports. You can send a request via webform to send passports to inland office. A lot of people have done this before. I am not too sure about the landing process.

Tangguoer

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Yes, you need to change the address to inland, and you can send the PP to Ottawa. After that, you will get a email with the pr confirmation directly.

Tangguoer

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
PPR usually states where to send passports. You can send a request via webform to send passports to inland office. A lot of people have done this before. I am not too sure about the landing process.
Yes, you can send to Ottawa. Usually, the ppr has clear instructions indicate how to send the PP for Outland and inland.

Last edited:

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
My parents recently landed at the pearson airport and finished their COPR signing , I want to ask about the PR card process? Do we have to apply separately for the PR card? My parents have poor English so I dont think they understood anything about PR card even if an officer told them something.

Tangguoer

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
My parents recently landed at the pearson airport and finished their COPR signing , I want to ask about the PR card process? Do we have to apply separately for the PR card? My parents have poor English so I dont think they understood anything about PR card even if an officer told them something.
The PR card will send to parents’ inland address automatically. Just make sure the address is correct.

Reactions: nayr69sg

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
We are exactly in the same situation. Received a PPR from Warsaw on July 24th, but my mother-in-law is here with us in Vancouver (on visitor's visa), and no plans for her to fly back to her home country any time soon. I also expected to receive an email with PR confirmation. Have you tried to contact Warsaw office or call center here in Canada? I email the Warsaw office asking for further instructions, but no reply so far...
I contacted Warsaw before receiving passport request on May 22nd, and asked what I can expect, as my parent is in Canada, should I expect confirmation or passport request and this is their reply "Thank you for your query. As you inside Canada, once you obtain our Passport Request letter please contact CPC Ottawa as indicated in the letter. "Nothing more. So, I did as I was instructed: mailed passport, photos and requested information as it was instructed in their letter. Now waiting what will happen next.

Reactions: ash_forever

ELH

May 26, 2014
If they are inland, you can sent the passport to Ottawa.

The corp letter is not a new thing, everyone will get it with visa, but you will get corp via email when applicants are inland
Thank you .. They are not currently inland .. however I want them to come with their Super Visa till the sponsorship is done. We are just one step away from the local visa office to request the passport but everything is very slow

S-u-r-r-e-y

Feb 13, 2019
where and how did you book tickets? from India?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They actually give out paper forms on the plane for you to fill if you dont use the ArriveCan app.

My dad is tech savvy. And he said there were bugs with the app. He had filled it correctly but somehow at first it was only showing my mum's name and not his. But later it went through.

But you can use paper if you dont want to use the app.
Thanks. I suppose he can ask someone in the plane to fill it up in English.

Reactions: nayr69sg

Rob1985

Jul 30, 2020
From the google sheet, I see a couple of members got PPR in July whose file was in CPC-Mississauga.

My parent's case is also assigned to CPC-Mississauga, and the current status is Decision Made for both the sponsor and primary applicant(4 months ago).

I have not got any update in the last 4 months and I think it's the same for many other members too.

Does anyone have any idea when are they going to resume processing the files?

Reactions: colourfulcanada