+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Hi Did anyone receive any update from New Delhi Visa Office recently? Are they working ? Waiting for IME and PCC for my parents

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
June, 2019 applicant here - beside AOR in December no other communications - anyone on the same boat? thanks
I dont think they will touch new applications, unfortunately. Like my citizenship application received Dec 09,2019 and still application received. 7 months already while timeline is 1 year.

ta0505

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
My parents got approved for permanent residence back in March, 2020 and since they have been stuck in India and unable to travel.

Even though I want my parents to travel before their visa expires (in August), I am very concerned about their health as they are old and number of cases of COVID are increasing rapidly.

I wanted to ask experts here -- I am looking to get some knowledge about travel insurance options (before OHIP kicks in - should be 3 to 4 months). Do you know if these insurance companies cover emergency/medical related expenses due to COVID?
My parents are in same boat from Punjab, India and their visa is expiring in September.Did your parents landed ?

salviDec2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Hello
I would like to bring my parent to canada via TRV while they are waiting for PGP 2019 process to complete
I applied for TRV in Feb 2020. They completed medical for TRV as well. They have provided biometric also.
The TRV application has not moved at all due to current situation. Now that TRV processing has started I have few questions

Questions
1) Do i need to get the authorization letter for exemption to travel to canada for immediate family OR no letter is needed since I am citizen/PR?
2) since the case is pending since Feb 2020, who should i reach out to for TRV? Islamabad consulate OR london visa office?
3) what would be better webform or email?
4) what would be the content of the email or letter?

Please guide.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello
I would like to bring my parent to canada via TRV while they are waiting for PGP 2019 process to complete
I applied for TRV in Feb 2020. They completed medical for TRV as well. They have provided biometric also.
The TRV application has not moved at all due to current situation. Now that TRV processing has started I have few questions

Questions
1) Do i need to get the authorization letter for exemption to travel to canada for immediate family OR no letter is needed since I am citizen/PR?
2) since the case is pending since Feb 2020, who should i reach out to for TRV? Islamabad consulate OR london visa office?
3) what would be better webform or email?
4) what would be the content of the email or letter?

Please guide.

Thanks
1. No special authorization. Just proof that they are your parents.
2. No really point of reaching out. The delays are due to covid.

Reactions: salviDec2017

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Hi. Anyone else here whose SA letter says processing office is CPC-M but their parents are in Delhi? I sent all docs by email to CPC-M and my mom resides in Delhi and she completed/passed the medical exam in Delhi. Does this mean that her file will be transferred to Delhi? Does IRCC communicate when file is transferred to local office? I am confused as on the webform it asks if application is being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada. Which option to select in my case when sending a webform?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How did you reach out to them to let them know your parents are in Canada?
If your parents are now in Canada send a webform. There is currently a way to land via email for inland applicants that’s why they were confirming that parents were still in Canada. There are many parents who are no longer in Canada who got the email landing when they shouldn’t have so I guess they are asking more questions now.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys, what's the fastest way to get proof of residence in Ontario?

I'm trying to get OHIP health card for my parents and OHIP is asking for proof of residence. We can open a bank account but probably have to wait for a week or 2 for bank letters to arrive.

Anyone knows any faster alternative?

Thanks!
A bank can probably give you a letter once you sign up for a bank account.

Reactions: member1793562

salviDec2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
1. No special authorization. Just proof that they are your parents.
2. No really point of reaching out. The delays are due to covid.
But i have seen people who applied in June have recevied TRV visa, as they attached authorization letter. Even though i applied in Feb 2020, they are not treating it as priority or first come basis. So that 's why my concern how do i nudge them and who should i nudge London VO OR Islamabad counslate?

Tangguoer

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Hi. Anyone else here whose SA letter says processing office is CPC-M but their parents are in Delhi? I sent all docs by email to CPC-M and my mom resides in Delhi and she completed/passed the medical exam in Delhi. Does this mean that her file will be transferred to Delhi? Does IRCC communicate when file is transferred to local office? I am confused as on the webform it asks if application is being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada. Which option to select in my case when sending a webform?
The file is still in CPC-M, Choose “inland”

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But i have seen people who applied in June have recevied TRV visa, as they attached authorization letter. Even though i applied in Feb 2020, they are not treating it as priority or first come basis. So that 's why my concern how do i nudge them and who should i nudge London VO OR Islamabad counslate?
Current restrictions only require that you have proof that your child is a PR or citizen. Every case for TRV is different. Processing has been incredibly slow and it varies based on country. You can send a general webform. Not even sure that the offices in Pakistan are open. No nudging is really possible. There are many many people waiting for various visas/permits who are impatient. Your father would be considered low priority. He is living at his home. He is not trying to attend and pay for a Canadian school, he isn’t a skilled worker needed right now in Canada and is not a spouse or dependent child waiting for reunification.