+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

nsn

Mar 14, 2012
Your partner needs to be removed from the co-sponsorship if you are no longer together. I assume he will take that initiative since it is a large financially liability for 10-20 years but he also doesn’t qualify as a co-sponsor if you are no longer together. Your case with be unfortunately reassessed.
v
thank you. we are still together and are discussing about seperation and are going for counselling. I am trying to see how all this will impact my child and life.
thank you so much for your info

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
v
thank you. we are still together and are discussing about seperation and are going for counselling. I am trying to see how all this will impact my child and life.
thank you so much for your info
It is up to your partner whether they want to support your parent for the next 20 years if you are still living together. Things like a public nursing home is $1200/month so if my relationship was falling apart I would be questioning if that is a financial commitment I want to make.

Sherbo

Sep 21, 2016
Again need ur help please

Hello all
I have a question
My parents got their visa and they were planning to come before the ban of travel
Now their visa is expired since last march
The immigration are informed of the situation and they are waiting from us a confirmation when they can travel
Now my parents they can come
Any one knows what will be the next steps once we inform the immigration that they can travel now ???!!
Thanks in advance

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
The sputum test and 2 chest x-rays are standard in regions where there is TB. You ng people are also required to do this. Canada has low levels of TB and tries very hard to keep It that way. Those who test positive are not refused but have to get treated in their country before approval.
Yes, I understand , but Germany isn’t considered endemic for TB. My frustration is why medical officer didn’t ask for TB test when saw initial XR? She has mild BP, well controlled with medicine, so she was asked to see cardiologist. Took 3 months waiting time to get an appointment and when report was submitted repeat chest X-RAY and TB was asked. Initial medical exam was on November 8th...

nsn

Mar 14, 2012
It is up to your partner whether they want to support your parent for the next 20 years if you are still living together. Things like a public nursing home is $1200/month so if my relationship was falling apart I would be questioning if that is a financial commitment I want to make.
[/QUOTE]
yeah he knows that. Thank you for taking out time to help me. I have found this forum very helpful.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, I understand , but Germany isn’t considered endemic for TB. My frustration is why medical officer didn’t ask for TB test when saw initial XR? She has mild BP, well controlled with medicine, so she was asked to see cardiologist. Took 3 months waiting time to get an appointment and when report was submitted repeat chest X-RAY and TB was asked. Initial medical exam was on November 8th...
Not uncommon for seniors with cardiology issues to be asked for further testing. Canada wants to avoid taking on seniors with very expensive medical needs which may not be very apparent at the initial stages. The TB tests are usually asked for by the doctor reviewing cases from CIC. Assume there was likely previous scarring or som3pe irregularity in the lung and that is why the TB test.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
yeah he knows that. Thank you for taking out time to help me. I have found this forum very helpful.
[/QUOTE]

If you are separated he shouldn’t be included but if you don't separate before your parent lands as a PR it is still up to your partner to decide if he is still willing to take on the financial responsibility. It will also affect any future PGP applications for his parents or grandparents and any future partner‘S PGP applications.

samanariya

Oct 23, 2019
I'm also from Calgary. I guess that's the reason why most June Albertan applicants haven't got their sponsor stage approved. Btw, what's SSC letter?
Hah, You talk about getting stuck in process since Jan 2020, me also from AB Calgary and my one is stuck at in process since Nov 2019.

pavion

Sep 25, 2019
@robertp
@bdidol
Please update the tracker. My mom's file was updated yesterday to the application approved. Etobicoke Landings emailed me yesterday with a request for a proof that my mom is currently in Canada. I sent them the proof and later they updated the file with the number of her confirmation for permanent residency. No email with COPR yet.
I am assuming next week as it is a weekend now.
@Lady19 you should be getting updates soon I hope)
Timeline May 31 applicant.
Wondering what the process should look like from now.
We are in Alberta so I would like to know how and when can I apply for her SIN number and AB health care card?
Anyone with experience here?
I also would like to thank everyone for the multiple advices and support throughout this nerve racking process.
Wish everyone best of luck!
How did you reach out to them to let them know your parents are in Canada?

montu5742

Star Member
May 12, 2014
I'm also from Calgary. I guess that's the reason why most June Albertan applicants haven't got their sponsor stage approved. Btw, what's SSC letter?
ssc letter is social service check letter that IRCC require from the SA residing province government.

Yours is also stuck "In Process" on SA approval ?

Irynaken

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
How did you reach out to them to let them know your parents are in Canada?
They asked to reply to the email request they sent me. They indicated that the background check is now complete and they are pleased to finalize the application but they need a proof of her being in Canada. So I just replied to the email I received

misterbmw

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
What is so special about London VO and why it remains closed?
LVO was backed up even before the lock down, and now with all these delays to re-open, it will get even worse.
Nonetheless, they still accept visitor visa application, even though person won`t be able to travel, cause of travel ban in place.
:cool:

Last edited:

CA2510

Star Member
Jul 24, 2014
@robertp
@bdidol
Please update the tracker. My mom's file was updated yesterday to the application approved. Etobicoke Landings emailed me yesterday with a request for a proof that my mom is currently in Canada. I sent them the proof and later they updated the file with the number of her confirmation for permanent residency. No email with COPR yet.
I am assuming next week as it is a weekend now.
@Lady19 you should be getting updates soon I hope)
Timeline May 31 applicant.
Wondering what the process should look like from now.
We are in Alberta so I would like to know how and when can I apply for her SIN number and AB health care card?
Anyone with experience here?
I also would like to thank everyone for the multiple advices and support throughout this nerve racking process.
Wish everyone best of luck!

What proof did you provide for your mom's residency in Canada ?? or just the email reply from you did the work. ??

Last edited:

Lhay

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Good morning everyone,
@robertp
@YULIA-2016
@bdidol

Please update my parent's application to Approved today July 6, 2020. I received an email last July 3,2020 to confirm if my parent is currently reside in Canada and I response as soon as I read it.
Today I received a call looking for my mom (principal applicant) to confirm if she's in Canada, after the conversation I checked the status both online tools and GCkey and both changed to Approved.

Thanks God and this forum who assist us during the process.

member1793562

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Hey guys, what's the fastest way to get proof of residence in Ontario?

I'm trying to get OHIP health card for my parents and OHIP is asking for proof of residence. We can open a bank account but probably have to wait for a week or 2 for bank letters to arrive.

Anyone knows any faster alternative?

Thanks!