+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Can anyone please tell what are the country specific documents for India? is there any document required for parents?

The link in the letter from IRCC shows the documents for spouse.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
@robertp please help update tracker - passport sent Dec 27, got to CPC-Ottawa Jan 2, PA approved and counterfoil issued Jan 7. Thank you!!

@canvan14 - visa extension was approved for my dad today Jan 8; my mom's is still pending although we sent in application for both of them at the same time (Dec 28/29 ish).

I think someone else also had a question about sending passports to CPC-Ottawa instead of their LVO because their parents were in Canada. Confirm that it's ok as that's what we did :)
Hi can you please timeline your application since received in Singapore?? This will be very helpful for applicants processing there

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
Mother can submit at VFS office in India and Father can send it to Ottawa
Has anyone done that, because PPR letter issued says, you all must be in Canada,
Secondly does VFS have a provision to accept an explanatory letter (stating that Dependent in Canada) with PA's passport

Mani2019

Nov 25, 2019
yes true, I also received no acknowledgement for passport copy submitted. nor they responded for bio metric not complete notwithstanding submitted
similar, i did email on the same email id requesting confirmation of receipt of the additional documents, none so far. they did not issue letter for Biometrics or simply could have waived it for in canada application, not sure.

i guess i will have to wait and watch.

cheers

Reactions: caninfoseeker

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Hi All,

Below is the question that I am seeking answer to. This information will be useful to all of us in this thread.

While applying for Canadian Citizenship down the line. (2 to 3 Years from now)
Will parents get some credit towards residency for their stay in Canada while on Super-Visa?

I believe it should be 50% credit. But I am not sure.

Kindly clarify. Have a nice day!

@robertp
@YULIA-2016

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi All,

Below is the question that I am seeking answer to. This information will be useful to all of us in this thread.

While applying for Canadian Citizenship down the line. (2 to 3 Years from now)
Will parents get some credit towards residency for their stay in Canada while on Super-Visa?

I believe it should be 50% credit. But I am not sure.

Kindly clarify. Have a nice day!

@robertp
@YULIA-2016
Yes, any legal status in Canada will give you 50% credit. The only catch is when you apply for the citizenship, it has to be within 5 yrs from that date.

Reactions: UPPI

Zestia

Oct 2, 2013
Still shows bio request needed but bio date is there, Anyone knows how I can contact Hong kong office regarding the bio situation?