+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

mandeep2018

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
@robertp
Please update spreadsheet for PPR on January 7th, will be mailing them today.

Also when the passport is back would my parents need to get their status changed? Leaving the country and back to Canada again?

Thanks for your help guys

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Reactions: ramko

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
@robertp @laxsun @YULIA-2016

Please update. Passport submitted December 18. Application approved December 24. Passport and COPR ready at VFS for pickup January 8.

Fnamavati

Apr 29, 2017
Sorry to hear about the delay -- which is all I think it is. I sent the passports early December and they were received four days later (unlike the "next business day" service CP promises). One thing you can do is ask for a full refund from Canada Post -- I have done this a few times in the past.
Thanks @Empirical-Scientist
I just hope our package is not misplaced by canada post

kbaghadiya

Dec 30, 2019
I did quote the information about someone else who seemed to get their application processed (application approval is still pending at this time). If you look at my older posts you will see that I found the same information as you stated above. Someone in the forum also said that "you" could also mean "you and your co-signer" in this context. Again the website contains conflicting information at different places.

The issue here is whether the sponsor is required to provide income tax for 3 years if the co-signer met the 3 tax years requirement, not whether combined income is acceptable because it is.

You can send a webform to ask them yourself but eventually it will be determined during the sponsor approval process.
Thank you for your prompt response.
Yes, sorry I some how missed that post. I will send them a webform for my query. Also, it will help if I get further details from @strength2 about their acquaintance's exact situation.
What is the best plan of action in your opinion? Just apply and see if they approve it? And if that's the case, do it for both my parents or try for one of them?
Thanks again for your time!

Reactions: UPPI

acalinao

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
My mother's status on the steps just got updated to '6. We sent you a letter on January 6, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us'. Main status on the application is 'Decision Made'. I know it is just 1 day but wanted to check if anyone got passport request in mail instead of email and this refers to passport request?
That sounds like a denial to me. We had the same message regarding my brother in law and they had sent us our full application back with a refusal letter. I figured it out beforehand because they refunded our fees to my credit card.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
My mother's status on the steps just got updated to '6. We sent you a letter on January 6, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us'. Main status on the application is 'Decision Made'. I know it is just 1 day but wanted to check if anyone got passport request in mail instead of email and this refers to passport request?
Did she pass the medical?

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
After much thinking, I requested the GCMS notes last night. It doesn't make sense to me that the file has been received by the LVO since August and still no AOR or anything from them.
The CSQ was issued two months ago so I don’t understand why they won’t just process the file because it’s not like we are missing a document or the provincial approval, sorry to vent

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
After much thinking, I requested the GCMS notes last night. It doesn't make sense to me that the file has been received by the LVO since August and still no AOR or anything from them.
The CSQ was issued two months ago so I don’t understand why they won’t just process the file because it’s not like we are missing a document or the provincial approval, sorry to vent
you and @Cabeda both from same Local VO Mexico ( QC applicant) >> Link

gayfish

Star Member
Jun 17, 2019
@robertp please help update tracker - passport sent Dec 27, got to CPC-Ottawa Jan 2, PA approved and counterfoil issued Jan 7. Thank you!!

@canvan14 - visa extension was approved for my dad today Jan 8; my mom's is still pending although we sent in application for both of them at the same time (Dec 28/29 ish).

I think someone else also had a question about sending passports to CPC-Ottawa instead of their LVO because their parents were in Canada. Confirm that it's ok as that's what we did :)

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
A friend of mine (14th May case) received PPR for his parents.
His father (Principal Applicant) is currently here in Canada on VV and mother is back home in India.
Can his father send PP to Ottawa and his mother to NDVO?

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
A friend of mine (14th May case) received PPR for his parents.
His father (Principal Applicant) is currently here in Canada on VV and mother is back home in India.
Can his father send PP to Ottawa and his mother to NDVO?
Mother can submit at VFS office in India and Father can send it to Ottawa

Reactions: ramko