+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
As reported earlier, my friends parents (14th May case) got PPR yesterday and my in-laws (16th May case) recieved theirs today.
My parents (10th May case) were not that lucky as their file was transferred from Mississauga to Delhi on 29 Nov during background checks and it's still in "Application Received" status.
At least NDVO is moving even though slowly. As you must have read some VOs are processing 2018 cases.

Looks like your parents have already passed medicals. I believe it will go quickly once the CO comes to your case. I saw some cases like yours since IME of Sep got DM for PA.

Last edited:

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Hi there,

Anyone around May 16th file received and Sep 5th In process but still have not anything from CIC not even SA approval?
May 29 here. In process due to social assistance check which province has sent back to them long time ago.

Case agent wake up, please don't delay my file.

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Has anyone done that, because PPR letter issued says, you all must be in Canada,
Secondly does VFS have a provision to accept an explanatory letter (stating that Dependent in Canada) with PA's passport
The PPR gave two options, in Canada (passport to be submitted to Ottawa) and out of Canada (through VFS).
I think as long as there is an explanation letter, they should be able to process it. It might take a bit longer than normal.

canvan14

May 8, 2014
@kbaghadiya
I am not an expert, just my two cents.
Webform seemed to be the best option at this point. There is still time to prepare and research since no news has been announced yet for PGP2020.
You cannot apply for just one parent unless they are divorced or legally separated. Decide who will be the principal applicant and the other automatically becomes dependent.
Keep in mind once they start the sponsor approval process, there will be no refund except the Right of Permanent Resident Fee.

milestogo

Star Member
May 9, 2010
Was there any medical history with lungs? It's usually indicate they saw some spots on the lungs and may ask for Sputum culture. Some users went through these in this forum and no need to be concerned.
Thanks will let you know how it goes. Going for follow up today.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi all,

With the IME and PCC I received some comments, can somebody help me to clarify?

The principal applicant is my father, do I have to specify the time she has stay AS A VISITOR in canada? Last year she stay in canada for more than 6 month with an approved extension.

-snipped-

Also when they got the biometrics request it was just for my father but now they are asking for biometric payment for my mom, which was already pay with the intial fee. what can I do in this case?

-snipped-

Thanks,
Looks like your second question about biometrics fee is unanswered.
You can send webform explaining that you have paid biometric fee for both of your parents.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
No I don't have uci no. for my mom. I just sent extra docs and rest everything is done.ecas doesnt show details about what's happening to the application.
MyCIC page must have UCI of PA and dependents.
Biometrics collection letter and medical form also has PA's UCI.

Last edited:

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
At least NDVO is moving even though slowly. As you must have read some VOs are processing 2018 cases.

Looks like your parents have already passed medicals. I believe it will go quickly once the CO comes to your case. I saw some cases like yours since IME of Sep got DM for PA.
My friend parents had travel history for Canada and Nepal; and my in-laws had travelled to Canada only in the past, so background checks must have been straightforward. My father has travel history of about 12 countries including 6 years employment in Kuwait and Iraq in 70s and 80s. I am assuming this could be the reason for transfer of their file from Mississauga to NDVO for thorough checks.

Reactions: SAM_2014

nonamejustfame

May 10, 2019
Guys, CIC website says we can only do flagpole at peace bridge or rainbow bridge on
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 8AM to 12AM only ..Is that true??

ClaudiaHo

Jan 3, 2019
Thats some amazing progress for lots of you!

My application was received in May 22/23 but it seems that I still have not heard any updates. While I see many others who submitted around the same time has been updated, my e-case is still showing in process. I am quite sure my income has reached the required amount for the past three years and clean record. Does anyone have any idea why it may be delayed?

Also, anyone is familiar with "progress review" process as i heard it may be useful in evaluating where an application is sitting at.

As always, much appreciated!

Reactions: serious_cheese