+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Mahimsd07

May 31, 2022
Hi,

Myself and my husband received PPR and have to land by first week of August. At present I am working and cannot resign my job immediately, can I do my landing formalities and return, my husband can stay back and can he collect his and mine PR card and return. We are planning to settle permanently mid of next year. Will there be any issues?

Also back home on my return to my home country, will I have any issues while submitting my passport for stamping as i will be returning without PR Card.

Request to please reply.

Thanks and regards
Congratulations. Yes certainly the only condition is , you need to be physically present in Canada for 3 years out of 5. Also, can you please share your timeline?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi,

Myself and my husband received PPR and have to land by first week of August. At present I am working and cannot resign my job immediately, can I do my landing formalities and return, my husband can stay back and can he collect his and mine PR card and return. We are planning to settle permanently mid of next year. Will there be any issues?

Also back home on my return to my home country, will I have any issues while submitting my passport for stamping as i will be returning without PR Card.

Request to please reply.

Thanks and regards
Congratulations for receiving PPR.
The rule is that you cannot land for a short stay. The CBSA officer may ask you how long you will be here and if you tell this story they may not process for landing. However, many have done what you are planning to do.
The CIC assumes that you will receive the PR card in person and travel outside of Canada carrying that with you.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello 2019 applicants. I am a 2022 applicant for PGP. Last month we received a letter asking us to submit consent form, along with additional family forms (which we had filled out once before already). We sent it off via the email address provided in the letter. I followed up with a webform, to which we were responded with, recieved and available for officer review. A month later, we were sent almost the same letter asking to submit the consent form along with additional family forms. Its all very strange! I am not sure whats going on, has anyone in the 2019 group had a similar issue or what do you think might be going on? Thanks!
That happens time to time. If you have acknowledgement email for the receipt of documents, just ignore the new message.

Reactions: wizardofwest90210

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
That happens time to time. If you have acknowledgement email for the receipt of documents, just ignore the new message.
Thanks for your message. In the letter it states please send the latest version of the form as well. Unfortunately the form for additional fam has changed in feb of 2023. We sent them the version available earlier. This is such a pain.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Thanks for your message. In the letter it states please send the latest version of the form as well. Unfortunately the form for additional fam has changed in feb of 2023. We sent them the version available earlier. This is such a pain.
You should feel good that your case is processing. Many are not fortunate to get a chance to enter in this process.

Paradise

Dec 19, 2011
Hi,

Request to please reply.
Congratulations. Yes certainly the only condition is , you need to be physically present in Canada for 3 years out of 5. Also, can you please share your timeline?
eceived Invitation in Sept 2021
Application fees paid on 5th Dec 2021
Biometric Submitted on 7th July 2022
Medical test submitted on 29th July 2022
Addtnl Documents along with PCC request on 22nd Aug 2022
Documents submitted on 16th Sept 2022
Documents receipt confirmation recd on 14th Nov 2022
PPR request on Feb 28th 2023
Pre arrival on the same day ( I received PPR request first and in an hour's time received Pre-Arrival by email)
Passport submitted on 4th March
Passport with visa and COPR received on 22nd March 2023

Praise the Lord!

Thanks and regards

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Request to please reply.

Thanks and regards
of course, you can.

mbshez

Nov 30, 2015
Calgary
Connected but MP office said file in process.
i am so frustrated.. we are waiting from last 3.9 years..
what is your file status ?
Still waiting as well. Background check says not applicable and Medicals have been expired for a year. MP says its due to military service and last correspondence was in May last year. Are you in the same boat?

EthanRiar90

Oct 7, 2019
Still waiting as well. Background check says not applicable and Medicals have been expired for a year. MP says its due to military service and last correspondence was in May last year. Are you in the same boat?
Samething with our application. Contacted MP too many times but no results. We have been told that our application is stuck in Criminality/background check coz of Police service. Parents have visited Canada 3 times already but still they are running such a vigorous check. Last update happened in November and since then nothing.

Harry0707

Star Member
Feb 1, 2022
Y
Yes, same here. my father retired from military service.
but my uncle received visa in one year he was retired from military.
i think only we people stuck backround checking.