+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Mahimsd07

May 31, 2022
Connected but MP office said file in process.
i am so frustrated.. we are waiting from last 3.9 years..
what is your file status ?
Second medical was fone in february but it has not been updated. Then they asked for travel form. and they asked for deta
Connected but MP office said file in process.
i am so frustrated.. we are waiting from last 3.9 years..
what is your file status ?
Second medical was fone in february but it has not been updated. Then they asked for travel form. and they asked for details of government service in India. no update after that. When did they ask about the government service details?

Mahimsd07

May 31, 2022
Hello Everybody, those who have submitted the details of their Government service, can you kindly please share the timeline post submission? Also, second medical was done in Second week of February but it has not been updated yet. Any insights would be of real help. Thanks in advance.

scorpiomailin

Dec 14, 2015
Hello Everybody, those who have submitted the details of their Government service, can you kindly please share the timeline post submission? Also, second medical was done in Second week of February but it has not been updated yet. Any insights would be of real help. Thanks in advance.
Hi Mahimsd07,

you have to submit Government Service Details, because your parent(s) may have been part of the Police, Military etc. I have gone through this struggling part and they asked for details last year, after they had requested for PPR. So I would suggest Stay calm, this could be a long process.

LolaPM

Aug 14, 2022
Hi everyone,

I wanted to share the petition to the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship to improve the Family Sponsorship (PGP) program: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-4385. I already received the support from the Member of Parliament, and now the petition needs to collect 500 signatures to be presented at the House of Commons.

I would be very grateful if you could sign it and share with your friends and on socials.

Thank you,

Lola

Mahimsd07

May 31, 2022
Hi Mahimsd07,

you have to submit Government Service Details, because your parent(s) may have been part of the Police, Military etc. I have gone through this struggling part and they asked for details last year, after they had requested for PPR. So I would suggest Stay calm, this could be a long process.
Hello there: Thanks for taking time to let me know. I have one other question, when was this document asked from you and when did you receive the PPR? My mother is not in Police or Military but was employed on a contract Basis as Additional Public Prosecutor. I think this would not take much as it was temporary.
Please Share your timeline that would be most helpful.

kanurudra

Apr 13, 2010
Hello Everyone! I filed for PR for my parents in June 2019. And my parents have completed all the steps. Now they are waiting for the passport to be submitted for stamping the PR. There has been no update on their application since April 2022. Does anybody have any information about what I can do?

kanurudra

Apr 13, 2010
Hi Mahimsd07,

How long? My father was in the Army too and I have submitted the service information.

Mahimsd07

May 31, 2022
Hello Everyone! I filed for PR for my parents in June 2019. And my parents have completed all the steps. Now they are waiting for the passport to be submitted for stamping the PR. There has been no update on their application since April 2022. Does anybody have any information about what I can do?
Can you please share your timeline? When did you submit the government details form? Is your medical valid?

Harry0707

Star Member
Feb 1, 2022
Same case with me, our case june 2019 we waiting for last 4 year 3 time medical done.. but no response from IRCC

Harry0707

Star Member
Feb 1, 2022
Your parents retired from police or defence ?

LolaPM

Aug 14, 2022
Hi everyone!

Providing a quick update on the petition to improve the Family Sponsorship (PGP) program to the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-4385. The petition already gathered 386 signatures and needs to collect 500 signatures before June 19th to be presented at the House of Commons.

If you're already in the process of submitting documents for the PGP program, there are asks of this petition that can help you as well! For example, the ask to implement processing standards to ensure that families are reunited in a reasonable period of time.

Please, share and sign!

Thank you!

scorpiomailin

Dec 14, 2015
Hello there: Thanks for taking time to let me know. I have one other question, when was this document asked from you and when did you receive the PPR? My mother is not in Police or Military but was employed on a contract Basis as Additional Public Prosecutor. I think this would not take much as it was temporary.
Please Share your timeline that would be most helpful.
Hi Mahimsd07,

Last year April they asked for Police Record, then they asked for detail history of all the places he worked, then everything went dark, I search this forum for answers, and I read somewhere stating request for GCMS notes, because that can anecdotally restart the process, because your file is stuck in ether. Which I did and after requesting GCMS notes, IRCC further requested information about my father, we provided that, and after few months later in April, they requested for Medical again. after medical, we had to wait another month and in May they issued PPR.

Hope this helps.