+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
Is there anyone here with a self-employed sponsor (main sponsor or co-signer) on the application and have already received SA?
My wife, the sponsor. We received the PR card already as 2019 applicant so trust me, it won't be the hold up. CIC should only care about Line 150. If in doubt or for any random reason, they might ask for Option C original from CRA, then it might delay the process a bit.

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
Maybe but I have no idea what the flag could be! I have had regular employment income in the past 6 years and never received any kind of social assistance or EI or what so ever. I have never been even audited by CRA

btw, I have not given them access to my CRA account and have sent my NOAs along with my application

At least now I know that my application is not lost or sitting in a drawer!
THIS might be the reason. I haven't read your entire post. I'm assuming your process is delayed and you think self employment was the issue. My personal experience cab tell you self employment won't be an issue. I also know by giving CRA consent, it just makes things that much easier for CIC. Again, I'm just taking a guess it might be the reason. Hope it helps.

Reactions: calgary17

Rushdanalb

Jul 13, 2018
My wife, the sponsor. We received the PR card already as 2019 applicant so trust me, it won't be the hold up. CIC should only care about Line 150. If in doubt or for any random reason, they might ask for Option C original from CRA, then it might delay the process a bit.

So even Line 150 on notice of reassessments good?

gcodtao

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
hi - could you advice if receiving biometric request means sponsor review has been completed?

my ecus still show "application received", but got biometric request for parents this morning.

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Thank you for your reply!

Well My (+ co-signer) line 150 is well above the income requirements so I know there is no issues there. I did not give consent to contact CRA and provided my NOAs instead and thought that might save the processing time.
I'm just trying to figure out why my BG check is taking too long while others are getting approval in a few days mine (and few other applicants in this forum) has been in process since July

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
After Biometric, medical ,is Police clearance and travel history always requested?, if yes, can we book prior to request, what forms are required

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
hi - could you advice if receiving biometric request means sponsor review has been completed?

my ecus still show "application received", but got biometric request for parents this morning.
yes , tomorrow your Ecas will update to DM. Today is your In process date but you cant see as Ecas update ones a day. you will see update tomorrow on your Ecas.

Reactions: gcodtao

TRT 17

Jun 13, 2012
@YULIA-2016

Please add this to tracker,

•Sponsored People: Parents

•Parents Country of Citizenship: India

•Sponsor Province: Ontario

•Invitations Receive Date: April 25, 2019

•Application received in Ottawa Date: June 27, 2019

•AoR Received : NOT YET

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
@YULIA-2016 @robertp

Hey Guys,

Please update the following (Line 244) - Other remains as is.

ECAS Sponsor Status: Decision Made (When checked today, not sure when the status got changed)
Biometrics Requested: September 19, 2019

Thank you.

Reactions: robertp