+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Same with my husband he has has changed alot of jobs but we meet the income
@robreeves @Roya-FSW

I think that is why we are stuck. 2 of us have co-sponsors with self employment and for other 2 change of jobs might be the reason for detailed review.
Even though we know we meet the requirement, but this could be a reason for them to go into more details.

gcodtao

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
@bdidol, @robertp

Hi experts,

I received myGIC notice this morning, they request biometric info for my parents. my ecus status hasn't changed, still "application received". my case is May 22.

Could you please advice what this means and what the next steps i should expect? many thanks.

as i noted in previous notes, my parents are leaving Canada in late October, wondering what we need to do / can do here while they are still in Canada

Thank you in advance for your help.

Reactions: robertp

zedman

Dec 1, 2017
@YULIA-2016

Please add this to tracker,
  • Sponsored People: Parents
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: India
  • Sponsor Province: Ontario
  • Invitations Receive Date: April 25, 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: May 17, 2019
  • AoR Received : August 13, 2019
  • Sponsorship In Process Date: September 10, 2019
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date: September 11, 2019
  • Sponsorship Approval Letter: September 16, 2019 (CPC-Mississauga)
  • Principal Applicant In Process Date: September 10, 2019
  • Bio Metric Request Date : September 10, 2019
  • Medical Request: September 12, 2019
  • Principal Applicant In Process Date:
  • MyCIC Update: Decision Made for Sponsor and In Process for Principal Applicant

Reactions: robertp

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Hi experts,

I received myGIC notice this morning, they request biometric info for my parents. my ecus status hasn't changed, still "application received". my case is May 22.

Could you please advice what this means and what the next steps i should expect? many thanks.

as i noted in previous notes, my parents are leaving Canada in late October, wondering what we need to do / can do here while they are still in Canada

Thank you in advance for your help.
Depending on where you are, make an appointment for the Biometrics in the closest location in the US (they are only given two weeks in advance) as soon as you can
If they don't have US visa, then you need to reprogram their flight home or find another solution as they only give you 30 days to do the biometrics
There's nothing else to do here in Canada

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
@robreeves @Roya-FSW

I think that is why we are stuck. 2 of us have co-sponsors with self employment and for other 2 change of jobs might be the reason for detailed review.
Even though we know we meet the requirement, but this could be a reason for them to go into more details.

There you go. You got it.

That's exactly the reason why! They are making sure there is no other red flags and stuff like any previous undertaking social assistance and stuff

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
@calgary17 @Roya-FSW @robreeves

It's also worth mentioning when I called them few weeks ago they said they are doing criminality check on you. I never figured what is criminality check according to them and why is taking so long to for us and so quick for a lot of other applicants.
I doubt that agent was right though... I was told the same thing last week that they are doing BG check on my parents and since I have parents + dependent then it's taking longer which did not make sense at all at this stage!!
Today I told the agent that my mom visitor visa application was lost about 5 years ago and I need to make sure this has not happened again! she put me on a long hold and came back with the new answer! that BG check means pre-assessment which is mainly checking if you or the co-signed has ever received social assistance. I hope she is right this time

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
I doubt that agent was right though... I was told the same thing last week that they are doing BG check on my parents and since I have parents + dependent then it's taking longer which did not make sense at all at this stage!!
Today I told the agent that my mom visitor visa application was lost about 5 years ago and I need to make sure this has not happened again! she put me on a long hold and came back with the new answer! that BG check means pre-assessment which is mainly checking if you or the co-signed has ever received social assistance. I hope she is right this time

I hope so too and I hope its quicker and they process all of us this week!

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
There you go. You got it.

That's exactly the reason why! They are making sure there is no other red flags and stuff like any previous undertaking social assistance and stuff
I totally agree!

It maybe worth to mention that I've been doing a PhD and then residency in the past 5 years so maybe they also want to check if I have any unpaid student loans?!
(well I have never got OSAP)

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

gcodtao

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Depending on where you are, make an appointment for the Biometrics in the closest location in the US (they are only given two weeks in advance) as soon as you can
If they don't have US visa, then you need to reprogram their flight home or find another solution as they only give you 30 days to do the biometrics
There's nothing else to do here in Canada
Thank you @diegosolano

we are actually going to US for vacation in two days, so the timing is okay. you mentioned I need to make reservation, does that apply to all locations? we are crossing border in BC to washington state.

Thanks again.

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
I hope so too and I hope its quicker and they process all of us this week!
I called the Ontario social service office and talked to someone there and she said it usually takes 3-6 months for CIC to get the confirmation from us. :rolleyes:
She was well aware of the process and said we receive such inquiries from CIC regarding parents sponsoring

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Thank you @diegosolano

we are actually going to US for vacation in two days, so the timing is okay. you mentioned I need to make reservation, does that apply to all locations? we are crossing border in BC to washington state.

Thanks again.
I guess Seattle, Washington should be the proper office for this
That applies for all USCIS locations in the USA, right now you can schedule an appointment for October 7th

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
I called the Ontario social service office and talked to someone there and she said it usually takes 3-6 months for CIC to get the confirmation from us. :rolleyes:
She was well aware of the process and said we receive such inquiries from CIC regarding parents sponsoring
Wow...that's a long processing time to confirm if someone get the Social Assnt or not!