+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Yiming59

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
Question regarding biometrics, my parents are 79 years old this year so they did their biometrics. But since they're over 65, due to old age their finger prints were smudged, was not very clear, the biometrics people says this is common for seniors. Does anyone else have experience with this for your parents? Will they be rejected if finger prints are unclear? Or ok since this is common for older people. Thanks!

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Question regarding biometrics, my parents are 79 years old this year so they did their biometrics. But since they're over 65, due to old age their finger prints were smudged, was not very clear, the biometrics people says this is common for seniors. Does anyone else have experience with this for your parents? Will they be rejected if finger prints are unclear? Or ok since this is common for older people. Thanks!
You should be ok.

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
@calgary17 & @Roya-FSW income confirmation for a self-employed person will go through additional verification.
How do you know that? do you think it relates to social assistance?
The CIC agent today clearly said that we have contacted your provincial social assistant services recently to verify that you have never received social assistant.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
How do you know that? do you think it relates to social assistance?
The CIC agent today clearly said that we have contacted your provincial social assistant services recently to verify that you have never received social assistant.
From what many users reported, I would recommend taking what the CIC agent said over the phone with a grain of salt.

They are checking something, it can be social assistant it can be bankruptcy check, it could be many things.

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
@robreeves @calgary17 @ZOYAMAN13 and other applicants who are a bit unlucky like me with delayed applications:

Guys, I was just on the phone with CIC regarding this stupid delay. The agent sounded reasonable and told me that my application is in "pre-assessment" stage and it means that CIC is verifying with the province of my residence that me or my husband have never received "social assistance". She said that we have send a letter to your province very recently but have not received confirmation from them yet. She said I'm not suppose to disclose the date of our communications with them but it was done recently and CIC is waiting to hear back from the province.
I don't know if they randomly do it for some applicants or it's done for all applicants but I'm so happy that my application will be processed soon!

My husband had a lot of jobs for one year which combined we met the requirement may be that's the reason plus we had notice of Reaaseement for one of the year! But we meet the income way more than needed

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Don't think so, as long as income has been declared and taxes have been paid properly to CRA , should have no issues. All they look for is employment income i.e. line 150 i believe.
From dealing with CRA for a period where my wife was self-employed, I can confirm the issue with income, taxable income etc for a self-employed person is not straight forward.

Giving a different example, a user with EI income gave IRCC authorization to check his tax and still they ask for a mailed out option C for additional details from his income. Apparently Option C from an online account and mailed version also differs!

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
@robreeves @calgary17 @ZOYAMAN13 and other applicants who are a bit unlucky like me with delayed applications:

Guys, I was just on the phone with CIC regarding this stupid delay. The agent sounded reasonable and told me that my application is in "pre-assessment" stage and it means that CIC is verifying with the province of my residence that me or my husband have never received "social assistance". She said that we have send a letter to your province very recently but have not received confirmation from them yet. She said I'm not suppose to disclose the date of our communications with them but it was done recently and CIC is waiting to hear back from the province.
I don't know if they randomly do it for some applicants or it's done for all applicants but I'm so happy that my application will be processed soon!
That is a great bit of information to be told. I'd much rather hear honesty like that from the IRCC than usually "its still within the 24 month processing timescale". Thank you for sharing that and fingers crossed, our files move forward soon!!

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
That is a great bit of information to be told. I'd much rather hear honesty like that from the IRCC than usually "its still within the 24 month processing timescale". Thank you for sharing that and fingers crossed, our files move forward soon!!
Are you or you co-signer self-employed?
I myself was sponsored by my husband in 2012. I thought this might also be reason to check for my husband's previous undertaking status

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

gcodtao

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Hi experts,

I received myGIC notice this morning, they request biometric info for my parents. my ecus status hasn't changed, still "application received". my case is May 22.

Could you please advice what this means and what the next steps i should expect? many thanks.

as i noted in previous notes, my parents are leaving Canada in late October, wondering what we need to do / can do here while they are still in Canada

Thank you in advance for your help.

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
Are you or you co-signer self-employed?
I myself was sponsored by my husband in 2012. I thought this might also be reason to check for my husband's previous undertaking status
No i'm just employed. I moved jobs over the summer but i still comfortably meet the threshold for the income requirements.