+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

maxCoder

Aug 21, 2013
1. Family unit includes everyone for interest to sponsor form purposes. When you link an existing paper application online they ask you the same question but your dependants are not included in the answer. So the process here is so vague.
2. My bad. Answer is 2 plus any dependants in each of your interest to sponsor forms.
And first name, last name and DOB of the person's you sponsor.
Thanks buddy!

maxCoder

Aug 21, 2013
HI
Check following, according to current rules:
1.) I understand that I need to meet MNI numbers for 3 consecutive years. Is this gross before tax? And what is the significance of LICO then? Your income has to meet 3 previous years as well as for the time your application is in process. LICO is something that government set every year as a lowest income requirement for a person to live in Canada. LICO increases each year according to inflation. LICO + 30% = MNI this is how you get MNI.
2.) We would be filling 2 interest to sponsor forms - one for my parents and one for my spouse's parents. However, in the form there are 2 questions:
a) How many family members in your family unit? I believe the answer to this is 2 for both forms. Right? Yes, 2 if you do not have kids. Otherwise count kids too.
b) How many people do you want to sponsor? I am not sure what to write here. My wife would not co sign my parents application since my income can support them. So in her form shoild she only write 2 (her parents)?. And I would be co-signing her parents, so should I write 2 or 4?.For your wife it will be 2 and for you it will be 4 (add kids too if you have in both of your cases).
That's what I thought too. Thank you!

mc_geh

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MArch 2010
Doc's Request.
27-3-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Request
2-09-2010
Med's Done....
15-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
visa validity: 15-10-2011
LANDED..........
in God's time....soon
Reactions: lylas and robertp

Verba

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hi folks,

My friend asked me to provide them the letter of support to get a higher score via the provincial nominee program. I already applied for parents sponsorship and hope to have parents here.
Does anybody knows if I provide a letter of support-will it affect my current parents sponsorship immigration?
Thanks

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi folks,

My friend asked me to provide them the letter of support to get a higher score via the provincial nominee program. I already applied for parents sponsorship and hope to have parents here.
Does anybody knows if I provide a letter of support-will it affect my current parents sponsorship immigration?
Thanks
I have no idea about PNP, but unless you are offering a job, I am not sure how can you write a letter of support for anyone.

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Hi folks,

Thanks
I think letter of support works for PNP. You get extra points when you have your blood relation in the same province as PR/Citizen I guess.

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
Hey Guys I got DM as per ecas, after biometrics, what would be next steps, still havnt received SA letter

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
It's been a while, so here is the update on current PGP 2019 process. Thanks to @zeiesfirdaus for the previous version. Subject to some minor future revisions. @robertp @YULIA-2016

1. CIC Receives the Application
  2. CIC Opens the Package and Scans the Barcodes Forms / Fee Forms and Other forms/documents and prepares a file - This is called "Prospect File" Stage. This can happen the same date the application is received, or at a much later date. There is no magic to this and is based purely on the burden on CIC. This has nothing to do with forms being stapled / order of invite letter or fee receipt, or barcodes all together or above each of the respective forms, additional documents, being included, use of new forms / old forms etc. There is no need to panic if the Prospect File is not created on the same date the application is received.
  3. A Temporary Application ID is created. This is temporary and for internal use only. This number WILL change (i.e the X before the actual application number will be removed by the CO). There is nothing that we can do with this temporary file ID number. Temporary Application ID starts with X and is followed with the actual File No. e.g. XF000000000. A missing document request will be sent at this stage (missing hand sign, missing info in the form etc.). Your file put in a 30 days cycle and the CO will check it after that time.
  4. The person who scans these files (may or may not choose) to "activate" ECAS Status. There is a "Submit to View" or something along with this lines button that can be pressed.
  5. If the PA has an old UCI, the old UCI has to be "activated" and "linked" to the new application. If not, UCI will create a new UCI number for the PA and all dependent's.
  6. The Prospect File is handed to a CIC Case Officer (CO) - first come first serve basis. (Note: Every CO has their own pace and way of doing things, your file might be processed faster or slower based on this)
  7. The CO reviews the file for completeness, correct fees, etc. and generates a proper Application ID (i.e. just removes the X in front of the temporary file number), new UCI (if old ones are inactive) old UCI's are linked, and activates the file - ECAS Status is now available. You can check and view your eCas. Within 24 hrs you should be able to link your file to myCIC.
  8. CO issues the AoR (by email if available) to the Sponsor with Application ID F000000000
  9. Assessment Stage Starts. File review is now underway for Sponsor eligibility. Stays as In process Stage in ECAS.
  10. Once SA approves, SA email will be sent by the CO confirming your LVO.
  11. LVO will continue to work on your file, you will get a BIO request, a medical request and PCC from them.
  12. Once step 11 completed, you will get the PPR.

padillag.tati

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Hi folks,

Thanks
I think it depends on the responsibilities that come with that letter. I know for some provincial nominee programs, friends who write support letters become the applicant's sponsor. In that case, your PGP application could be affected as you may need to add one individual to the family unit, and adjust income requirements accordingly. But if the letter has nothing to do with becoming a sponsor, it should not be a problem. My recommendation is to make sure you understand exactly what your role would be in that immigration process, before you provide the support letter.

Reactions: Verba

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
@robreeves @calgary17 @ZOYAMAN13 and other applicants who are a bit unlucky like me with delayed applications:

Guys, I was just on the phone with CIC regarding this stupid delay. The agent sounded reasonable and told me that my application is in "pre-assessment" stage and it means that CIC is verifying with the province of my residence that me or my husband have never received "social assistance". She said that we have send a letter to your province very recently but have not received confirmation from them yet. She said I'm not suppose to disclose the date of our communications with them but it was done recently and CIC is waiting to hear back from the province.
I don't know if they randomly do it for some applicants or it's done for all applicants but I'm so happy that my application will be processed soon!