Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2015
LANDED..........
10-02-2015
Hi,
I am hoping for some insight in how I proceed. I submitted my parent applications in June with my dad being the Prinicipal applicant and my mom and brother as dependent. However, my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer. He has completed surgery and will start radiation soon. I just received an email to submit imm5669 with signature. I know that the thresold for medical should not exceed $20000, and I believe that my dad will be considered medical inadmissible. Should I informed IRCC and cancel the application or how should I proceed. Any advice or suggestion is greatly appreciated. thanks.

You need not to worry, go ahead with medicals, discuss with the panel physician and submit complete history of the treatment.. CIC will followup with the Doctor and will ask you to complete your father's treatment. it might delay your application a bit, but they won't reject your application.

Me and My friend applied for skilled worker in 2014, during the process, he was diagnosed with some kind of Cancer about an month before he got his medical request. He started his treatment from Apollo hospital, went through Chemo and then radiation. CIC asked about the history and all the details of the treatment and followed up with the doctor.

I got my PR in March 2015 and he got his PR in Oct 2015.
Good Luck.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
@robreeves @calgary17 @ZOYAMAN13 and other applicants who are a bit unlucky like me with delayed applications:

Guys, I was just on the phone with CIC regarding this stupid delay. The agent sounded reasonable and told me that my application is in "pre-assessment" stage and it means that CIC is verifying with the province of my residence that me or my husband have never received "social assistance". She said that we have send a letter to your province very recently but have not received confirmation from them yet. She said I'm not suppose to disclose the date of our communications with them but it was done recently and CIC is waiting to hear back from the province.
I don't know if they randomly do it for some applicants or it's done for all applicants but I'm so happy that my application will be processed soon!
Normal background check should not have this step unless in your name search/CRA assessment has some red flag somewhere.

Reactions: nayr69sg

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Normal background check should not have this step unless in your name search/CRA assessment has some red flag somewhere.
Maybe but I have no idea what the flag could be! I have had regular employment income in the past 6 years and never received any kind of social assistance or EI or what so ever. I have never been even audited by CRA

btw, I have not given them access to my CRA account and have sent my NOAs along with my application

At least now I know that my application is not lost or sitting in a drawer!

jayeshaminnew

Apr 25, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
18-08-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
@robertp @YULIA-2016 please update for user: jayeshaminnew#1 and jayeshaminnew#2
Medical request on sep 23

Reactions: robertp

llyy2234

Sep 20, 2019
Hi ALL,
I sent one document through WEB FORM and received the confirmation saying forwarded it to the responsible office.
The processing centre is CPC-Mississauga.
How may I confirm the document was attached to my application for PGP? Will it be updated on my CIC account? Thanks!

Yiming59

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
@robertp Medicals and biometrics done for both parents on September 23rd. Received sponsorship approval letter a few days back and the local visa office is Mississauga (even though parents are in China, I guess thats because the representative is in Canada?) Also wondering around how long does it take for medicals to be updated on Mycic and how long it usually takes to see medicals passed. Thanks! Happy Monday! :p

mandeep2018

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Hi Guys, anyone who's file is being processed at the Mississauga office have they received request for Police Clearance yet? i checked the spread sheet and it seems to be for other offices except for Mississauga. Thank you.