+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
It is true, biometrics provided for super/visitor visa are valid for 10 years only for another super/visitor visa.
For PR applications, a new biometrics is required.
I don’t know the reason behind it, but that is what cic’s website says.
Exceptions are given to some people whose parents were present in Canada at the application submission time, but those exceptions were even given to people who never did bio in the past.

I know it is strange as biometrics are the same and should not be requested again for PR application but that is how it is.
Wow, thats a big money grab!!! Its a strange one though because when i log onto their MyCIC website, it actually states on their PGP profile that the biometrics where completed (for the Supervisa) the date it was done and the expiry date. Down in the section where it says biometrics it states "We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes." It just seems odd that they would request it again

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
I applied in May and the application was accepted on June 5, 2019, but have not received any communication since then. I have not yet received AoR as well. Can someone please advise what I can do? I have contacted CIC customer service but the call never connects. I sent the web form to them and they replied if the application is within normal timeline they cannot assist.
Log into ECAS and see there, my application reached Ottawa on 4th June and I can see it

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
Wow, thats a big money grab!!! Its a strange one though because when i log onto their MyCIC website, it actually states on their PGP profile that the biometrics where completed (for the Supervisa) the date it was done and the expiry date. Down in the section where it says biometrics it states "We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes." It just seems odd that they would request it again
What residential address did you provide for your parents?
If Canadian, then very high chances they would not request again.
If back home address, then it would be 50-50 chances.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

harrygne

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Chandigarh (online)
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Passport Req..
08-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
land on 20-08-2014
My file was received on July 17, 2019 and I don't have an update as well. As per my knowledge, it is June 3rd to 5th applicants, who are receiving their AORs.
We may have to wait for couple more weeks to hear back.
As far as I know, last date of submitting the application was 28th June. I am not sure if your application will be accepted.

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
What residential address did you provide for your parents?
If Canadian, then very high chances they would not request again.
If back home address, then it would be 50-50 chances.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html
Well when they applied for the PGP, the home address was back in the UK. They will initially come on the supervisa and then their address will be changed to my address in Alberta, Canada. Depending on when the PGP application progresses, will depend on what address the IRCC has on file.

Thank you for the link though. It would seem that they would have to do the biometrics again regardless as it will be for a PR application. I just think its a cash grab personally.

Reactions: calgary17

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
For doing PCC in Canada, do they have to show that they have been in the country for a minimum amount of time? My Mum is in the US right now, if she comes up here for say just a week to get PCC, would that be OK? (Getting PCC in US is slower, posters on this forum said it can be got in a day here from CGI Toronto).
No problem, there is no time requirements.

Reactions: Darjeeling_Man

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Those who got extended time for medical/biometrics, can you please let me know how you requested it?

Last week I sent a request through webform and today got an answer with no extended date. So I wonder how you guys acted?

Thank you.
Did you specifically asked for extra time? What did they said?

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi everyone,
This is my first time here. I submitted an application to sponsor my mother, and it was received on June 12, 2019. It is September 20 today, and i still do not have any AOR. I called customer service, and they said there is a temporary application started, but at this point, i cant do anything but wait for an AOR. Is anybody in the same boat? I am worried that my file is lost, or might be being returned since its taking so long. Please advise.
First of week June is still waiting, your time will come.